• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    Jesse and James

Do you think we will have to fight them every once in a while or we will just be fighting grunts/commanders
    I would like to fight Jesse/James/Meowth cause the grunts are kinda boring to me

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm not totally up on the HG/SS updates, but I doubt Team Rocket will be in the game at all.. Well, I mean, I doubt Jessie, James, and Meowth will be. D: Can't see it happening, but it would be neat.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I don't think you'll battle them, because I'm pretty sure they aren't considered canon in the games. However, I have seen some similarities between Jessie/James and the Executives in the originals (hair colour mostly) but in these they look even more similar due to the fact there clothing is very like Jessie/James's along with the same hair colour and similar face structure.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Merged with the Speculation thread.

I'll have to agree that Jessie and James are unlikely to be in. Any actual includion of the popular anime characters or events, etc hasn't happened since Yellow (which was done so the games could 'ride the wave' the anime created back then) - ever since there's been nothing. (Such as use of the Sevii Islands rather than the anime's Orange Islands).

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    To be honest, I don't think we'll get the chance to see a Jesse and James appearance within the remakes. Like most have stated before me, it is more so an anime type inclusion, which needless to say the game isn't influences by the anime [with the exception of Pokémon Yellow]. So, I highly doubt Jesse and James and Meowth for that matter would be included in the game. It is a pretty nice idea and all, and maybe one day you'll see something of the sort happen like such, but not for HeartGold and SoulSilver. At least from what it looks like they won't appear. However, as mentioned, the uniform design established for the Rocket Executives have a similar recreation to that of Jesse and James from the Pokémon anime, a nice tough nevertheless.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I just thought of something since the protagonists' mother in DPPt was a coordinator and have a known name. I would also like for the protagonists' mother to be active in HGSS such as being a top contestant in the Pokethlon or maybe even a Frontier Brain and I would her to actual be give. Though it is all up to the game developers.

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    ...and I would her to actual be give.

Uhm, huh?

I'd like to see Mom as more than an ATM, but I don't know if they have contests here or not... For that matter, has anyone seen a normal Berry around here?

Rich Boy Rob

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I just thought, due to the annoying removal of the game corner in Platinum (in the European version at least), do you think they will keep it in HGSS or remove it for Europe or everyone?

Rich Boy Rob

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Well for starters you only needed 1 question mark, but anyway, they'll probably release an update for Ranch (although they still need to release the Platinum one here, not sure about the other side of the pond), as for Revolution, they'll probably (and hopefully) release a new Stadium game.

Years
    well, like others said, i just think we will get a ranch update.
    tho, i really dont think we will get anothe stadium. maybe they will do something like the Gamecube where you can connect your DS to theWii and play like that =D

...or do they already have that? >.<

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I've only just started Platinum. Did they replace it with something else? How else are we going to get the pokemon/items that it offers?

Tailor

Objection!
    Years
    I've only just started Platinum. Did they replace it with something else? How else are we going to get the pokemon/items that it offers?

You go to a a Slot Machine and then press B.
    A box will appear with the message: You received (5,10,20,50) coins!

What what? Whats up with that?!

Something with the PEGI rules about gambling...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Yeah what bullcrap. I think it is totally unnecessary. I always enjoyed the gaming hall when I was bored. and the chance to get addicted to game slots due to this is probably as high as the chance to go from cigs to heroin.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2009
    Red

Im looking foward to the battle against red. Do you think they will change what pokemon he has? Maybe change it to the pokes he currently has in the anime?

Back