• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Years
    naw. i think it will stay the same.
    and yes, we are all very excited. Red is the final challenge, the hardest battle in all Pokemon games to some.
    and also, Ash and Red are not the same ppl. Ash is based of Red. Red is not in the anime.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    naw. i think it will stay the same.
    and yes, we are all very excited. Red is the final challenge, the hardest battle in all Pokemon games to some.
    and also, Ash and Red are not the same ppl. Ash is based of Red. Red is not in the anime.
    That is the 2nd hardest battle overall, not just to some. The strongest is Barry in Pt after like 20 times in the league...

And yeah, though many people confuse cause they look so similar, Ash was mistaken to be the main char in RGB, and they're both the main chars (as far as I know) in their story...I personally could careless o:

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I can't wait to battle him again. I really want to see his sprite, and I hope it's animated and has the "Vs." intro (like Gym Leaders).

I don't want his Pokemon to change, but I want his levels raised to 95 max and 85 minimum. I want a challenge this time.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Something with the PEGI rules about gambling...

Oh come on,
    that just ridiculous.

Atleast, it shows you the reprocussions of gambling how you lose all your money.
    >.<"

In not that anyone is going to become addicted to crack and gamble his/her life away because he played pokemon.

What exactly is in it's place? Nothing?
    a different building?

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
    I was quite sad that Red's Pikachu wasnt alot stronger when I battled it in Gold.
    It should be very very tough

Years
    That is the 2nd hardest battle overall, not just to some. The strongest is Barry in Pt after like 20 times in the league...

And yeah, though many people confuse cause they look so similar, Ash was mistaken to be the main char in RGB, and they're both the main chars (as far as I know) in their story...I personally could careless o:

ya, but Barry doesnt deserve the title, and it doesnt matter about levels. Red just PWNed...hard.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Oh come on,
    that just ridiculous.

Atleast, it shows you the reprocussions of gambling how you lose all your money.
    >.<"

In not that anyone is going to become addicted to crack and gamble his/her life away because he played pokemon.

What exactly is in it's place? Nothing?
    a different building?

It was confirmed a few months ago that because of new European law, that anything gambling related wouldn't be allowed. It so happened that the Game Corner fell into that category and had to be discontinued throughout Platinum and now the upcoming HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Nothing will seem to replace it, but instead it would be of no value to the players. Such as in the UK version of Platinum, it was still there, but it wasn't accessible for the players to take part in the slots. At first I thought it unfair, but when it comes to the law, it's the law. So, I wouldn't blame Nintendo or GameFreak for in a way closing that part of the game off as they are simply following the law themselves.

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
    It was confirmed a few months ago that because of new European law, that anything gambling related wouldn't be allowed. It so happened that the Game Corner fell into that category and had to be discontinued throughout Platinum and now the upcoming HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Nothing will seem to replace it, but instead it would be of no value to the players. Such as in the UK version of Platinum, it was still there, but it wasn't accessible for the players to take part in the slots. At first I thought it unfair, but when it comes to the law, it's the law. So, I wouldn't blame Nintendo or GameFreak for in a way closing that part of the game off as they are simply following the law themselves.

So its like the "church" in hearthome city in D/P/Pt basically?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    So its like the "church" in hearthome city in D/P/Pt basically?

Yes, you can relate the European Game Corners to the Hearthome "Church"-like building. It wouldn't serve an importance to the game. However, the Game Corner did offer prizes, and I've never played the UK version of Platinum, so I wouldn't know exactly how the prizes would be distributed to the player if earned. Though, like I said before the European version will not include playable slots because of the new laws passed in Europe not allowing Gambling nor the influence of gambling.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    ...and I would her to actual be give.

Uhm, huh?

I'd like to see Mom as more than an ATM, but I don't know if they have contests here or not... For that matter, has anyone seen a normal Berry around here?

I agree with you and I notice that in the future generation a parent of the playeable character was active for example in third generation games the player's dad was a gym leader and in the fourth generation games the player's mom was a Pokemon Coordinator, but if the player's mom were to be a coordinator then that would be a consecutive pattern though the Pokemon games are know for repetition. I can picture that the player could be unaware about his/her's mom occupation and they will find out later on and battle or compet against their mother whether it be in as a Frontier Brains Battle, Pokethlon Constant, a Pokemon Coordinator (if their are Pokemon Constest in HGSS), or something that we have not thought of.

By the way I cannot understand your first sentence to well. Were you asking about the player's mom names. I was just wonder if the game developers will give the player's mom name.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Since it has been speculated here before... someone on sppf has said that a new commerical has aired in Japan, showing that Headbutting trees has returned. (No link to this commerical yet, mind).

Said user (slowkingsley) has previous supplied coro coro scans regularly and all - so assume this to be true.
    EDIT: Video link found, so yes, confirmed, that. (See new thread on commerical).

Last edited:

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
    The way the Game Corner worked in Euro Platinum is that each day, every slot machine would have a chance of randomly giving you between 5-20 coins (or nothing) the first time you interacted with it that day. Any other interactions would result in "It's a Game Machine!" So there is no slots, just a random chance of coins. You can still get prizes and buy coins, it just takes ages to earn them. Also, Explosion was given out by someone in the Game Corner I think. In Platinum I was annoyed because the slots were really easy in D/P, but I won't mind so much in this game cause the slots are harder.
    However, with a longer time till European release, they may come up with a better solution.

Back