• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    I don't see why they would introduce an underground into Johto, as we already have an underground in gen4. Plus, I'm not too enthusiastic about one anyway :/

Also, I was thinking... do you think they might increse the pokedex slightly for pokemon like Mamoswine, Yanmega and Tangrowth? Seeing as ancient power was introduced in gen 2...

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    I don't see why they would introduce an underground into Johto, as we already have an underground in gen4. Plus, I'm not too enthusiastic about one anyway :/

Also, I was thinking... do you think they might increse the pokedex slightly for pokemon like Mamoswine, Yanmega and Tangrowth? Seeing as ancient power was introduced in gen 2...

I think just to add features and stuff. It'd be cool if you could traverse through regional undergrounds.

Those will probably be in the Nat'l Dex, seeing as ... they're from sinnoh.

ZOMG. ZOMG. ZOMG.
    100TH POST

Years
    Okay, to all these people saying that the new evos and prevos won't be in, why? Remeber that the events of D/P/Pt and G/S/C/HG/SS happen at the same time. The Johto,Kanto, and Hoenn pokemon were living in Sinnoh at the time that their evolutions were discovered in their native regions, and as such they were added to the Sinnoh dex. Meanwhile the pre-evolutions of previously disocovered pokemon that thrived in Sinnoh were added to the Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn dexes. These Pokemon are added to all regional dexes becuase they are obtianable in all regions that at least one in their evolutionary line lives in. And that's just to please the freaks who want to keep the timeline straight when the rest of us just want our Magnezones and Weaviles. Finally, to all of those people who get their panties in a wad becuase of timeline inconsistinsies and retcons; thank god you're not Zelda fans.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Okay, to all these people saying that the new evos and prevos won't be in, why? Remeber that the events of D/P/Pt and G/S/C/HG/SS happen at the same time. The Johto,Kanto, and Hoenn pokemon were living in Sinnoh at the time that their evolutions were discovered in their native regions, and as such they were added to the Sinnoh dex. Meanwhile the pre-evolutions of previously disocovered pokemon that thrived in Sinnoh were added to the Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn dexes. These Pokemon are added to all regional dexes becuase they are obtianable in all regions that at least one in their evolutionary line lives in. And that's just to please the freaks who want to keep the timeline straight when the rest of us just want our Magnezones and Weaviles. Finally, to all of those people who get their panties in a wad becuase of timeline inconsistinsies and retcons; thank god you're not Zelda fans.

Well said. Platinum dez was the best so far. We cant just go backwards for nostalgia factors when so much has changed already.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    I really don't see how anyone could really deny that those blue things next to Elm's lab aren't vents. Somebody didn't wear their glasses today... They're so clearly not a fence! Really, and it doesn't matter at all where they are (someone said that they have to be in Oreburgh City or something), the fact is that they're vent leading underground... which means there's an Underground.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I really don't see how anyone could really deny that those blue things next to Elm's lab aren't vents. Somebody didn't wear their glasses today... They're so clearly not a fence! Really, and it doesn't matter at all where they are (someone said that they have to be in Oreburgh City or something), the fact is that they're vent leading underground... which means there's an Underground.

You cannot just lead to assume that they are vents. You also cannot just simply assume they are vents, and that the underground will be back either. There isn't any solid proof of this, and the blue cylinders were only placed in New Bark Town, as we haven't seen it anywhere else as yet. It is a probability that the Underground will make an appearance for the remakes after being held in Sinnoh, but we can't all just jump off the bridge believing so, as it could just be there for show rather than to mean anything at all. There have been such cases with this, such as the certain locked doors, like that in RSE on Mossdeep City. So, I'd just wait before jumping to any conlcusions on this, but for the meantime consume what we know already and go from there.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    You cannot just lead to assume that they are vents. You also cannot just simply assume they are vents, and that the underground will be back either. There isn't any solid proof of this, and the blue cylinders were only placed in New Bark Town, as we haven't seen it anywhere else as yet. It is a probability that the Underground will make an appearance for the remakes after being held in Sinnoh, but we can't all just jump off the bridge believing so, as it could just be there for show rather than to mean anything at all.

They are just the same as those in Oreburge City arent they?

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    the vents in DPPt looked different than those, they were much wider and grey in color and wen you tried to interact with one it would try to connect to wifi, i dont think you would try to interact with that, its too small, the one in DPPt was as big as the hero, so no those are not underground vents, they are either a fence or a set of lanterns put there for show.
    Someone's making up stuff... they were blue, not gray. And they never connected you to Wi-fi. When you talk to one, it just says, "It's an air vent that exchanges the underground tunnels' air." There's also a worker who tells you the same thing about the vents. They are not as big as the hero. I don't know where you're getting your facts or if you've even been in The Underground, but it's the Explorer Kit that brings you into The Underground, not the vents.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    They are just the same as those in Oreburge City arent they?

They have a similar look, yes. However, some say that they could be air vents leading to the conclusion of there being the Underground. However, some have said that they are simply lights, [to me it doesn't look so], but right now all we have are those three blue and grey standing poles next to the lab. For me, I get the idea that the Underground may make an appearance for Johto [and possibly Kanto], but I'm not going to jump the bridge and sai it is 100% confirmed just because of image shot. Though, I'm not saying it isn't possible either, though it'll just be best to give it time.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    There have been such cases with this, such as the certain locked doors, like that in RSE on Mossdeep City.
    In Ruby and Sapphire, that locked door was for owners of the E-Reader device. In Emerald, it was in Sootopolis, but they didn't have time to finish it, so it was nothing.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The original GSC didnt sport these vents either.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I think that they are just lights or lamp posts (whatever you wanna call them) but they just happen to look similar to the vents from DPP

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The point is, there hasn't been any other information on these poles or vents. It was only seen once in New Bark Town and hasn't been scouted anywhere else in Johto. Either it be there for show or because maybe there is an Underground brought in, we still do not know. If there is to be an Underground, then I wouldn't expect Coro Coro to release anything on it either by next month or the rest to come. Even though it wasn't there in the originals, it still doesn't provide much evidence of it confirming the Underground like what was brought in Sinnoh. There are a lot of things shown in the games that weren't provided before, but it never has to mean anything other than it being there. So, like I've said there is a possibility [I won't deny that], but we basically have to hold onto our seats, speculate, and wait until further information.

What we have now though is quite valuable. As I noted that the Notch Eared Pichu has a different sprite from the Pikachu Colored Pichu Sprite. This is definitely something new, and I actually like it. They have put in a lot of effort to bring in the anime/movie antics to the remake, such as Arceus and the two new Pichus, so there are a lot of unexpected things probably coming our way [Who knows?].

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    ZOMG!
    HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Last edited by a moderator:

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    DO you guys think that Pikachu & Raichu will also have notched ears?

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Never knew what the "Z" in "ZOMG" was supposed to mean and I still dont

Anyway, why would a fence just have 3 parts? Why would three lamps light the same damn spot?

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    To all of those questions of yours... I... I don't know...
    I mean... Why would a Town only have two houses... What would team Magma really win in emptying the world of it's water... Why are Nidorina and Nidoqueen placed in "non-breedable"... Why do you want your Pokémon to follow you... Why is Soul so ugly... Only Nintendo knows...

EDIT: hey, about the lamp theory... anyone seen the Ecruteak city art... on the pic, there are some places in the city where there are like four lightpoles right next to each other... Isn't that the same thing... And come on... you can easily see that those are lamps...

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    If the dame "bule things" are there, they are there for a reason saying how they are not originally there. A lamp or fence serves no major purpose. Its obvious that they are a variety of those that were in Sinnoh, but being different regions they are destined to have different designs.

Back