• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Personally I'd like them to have the Sevii Islands, Cerulean Cave (Like In FireRed and LeafGreen) also other new areas like the Frontier and A Desert, They should have a special area with the 3 Legendary birds and also Uxie Azelf and Mesprit these would be a brilliant addition I feel and would also enhance the games story, also just like MD Explorers of Time and Darkness they should have several alternate stories for instance like the one with FireRed and LeafGreen they should add the change in Pokemon that the Elite4 have once you have won the Johto League they should introduce more pokemon for instance ones from the Hoenn and Sinnoh Region they should have corresponding Legends from the 3rd and 4th Generations making it more interesting for instance a story with Dialga in SoulSilver and Palkia in HeartGold they're should also be the to catch Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus and various other legends too whether they're via Wireless Communication or Cheat System also like in DP&Pt they should have the Poketch Application so you can locate the legendary dogs because in the GB/C/A versions I was fustrated at the chances of encountering the Dogs based on the fact that I found no way of locking the on the Map.

I also feel that after these series whether it's straight away or after a possible Crystal Remake they should create the penultimate game I don't mind what the name is but with the 4 generations and also a brand new 5th generation totalling up to 600+ pokemon hopefully on the DS not DSi but with extra features with for instance the ability to take a picture for your trainer card. Also they should have more legendary pokemon and Dozens of different stories for instance new teams (i.e. like Team Rocket, Magma, Aqua, Galactic and Possibly 2 more following the Sequence from (1 TR), (2 M&A), (1 G) & (2 5th Generation).

Have I got good suggestions or what let me know what you think because I'm thinking of contacting Nintendo.
    No you pretty much stated everything obvious and something are down right idiotic cause there is no need to do so(except that the movie 12 Arceus unlocks a mini area for some level 1 dragon trio so thats out of the picture and uh for the 5th gen I have no idea. And don't contact them cause they will give you no reply.

KotovSyndrome_

Consumer of many asparagus.
    Years
    Hmm

Well, ever since like GSC, ive been waiting for a character customisation, and not like the PBR one, that was horrific, but seriously, if you could customise the player, i would be so excited it would be unreal xD

Years
    Why do people even think that the Sevii Islands would be in this game? The Sevii Islands were boring and weren't even a good training spot. I don't want the Sevii Islands in this game. They were only there so we could catch Johto Pokemon, but now we can catch Johto pokemon in Johto. Two regions are good enough. It would be way too much if we had more than two regions. I've already played Sinnoh and I wasn't too fond of Hoenn. I couldn't even get good Pokemon in Hoenn until I made those desert Pokemon strong enough. I'd rather play one game per region. Or in this special case, two regions in one game. I could trade my strong ones after I beat the game, so it won't get boring using the same six Pokemon all the time.

If they don't add in animations to the trainers in this game, I'll be disappointed. Sure, I like how we got the Pokemon sprites following. I actually like how it's still moving behind you even when you stop because it's lively. I got annoyed in Amity Square when they weren't moving when I stopped. I also like the feature, because it reminds me which Pokemon I have first in my party. Say I'm about to battle my rival somewhere, and I know what his first Pokemon is, and I want my first Pokemon to have the type advantage. For example, if his first Pokemon is Gastly and I have a normal type Pokemon) that doesn't know anything other than Tackle), I can look at the following sprite as a reminder to change Pokemon. It also works if I have a fire Pokemon out when I want to battle a trainer with a water Pokemon. I don't want both the level 17 Quilava and the level 8 Hoppip to get experience out of this battle. I want Hoppip to get all the experience. B/c if Quilava gets some, too, it would be less.

Spoiler:

I really hope they do something with Silver's battle sprite. I want his sprite to look more like the artwork. (Color-wise.)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Direct linking from the company itself to fr/lg makes the Sevii not being in thing as invalid as it being in. It could be as those who have played fr/lg would expect now both Kanto and the Sevii islands to be in. Its a smart move as well imo.

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
    Years
    Mewtwo to complete the National Dex

As we all know, Mewtwo wasn't in the original gold and silver games, the explaination is obvious as it was captured by Red three years earlier. but as Mewtwo wasn't in Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum. Nintendo usually strives to unclude all of the discovered pokémon in each generation, for those who strive to complete the pokédex. it seems that recently, Nintendo and game freak are shying away from the pal park, because you can catch all of the legendary birds as roaming pokémon in Platinum, and find all of the regis in platinum.

this leads me to believe that Mewtwo will have to be available for capture in Heartgold and SoulSilver. but where? will it be in ceruean cave again? or will there be a wi-fi event that gives you an item to encounter it? could it possibly be a roamer?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I doubt it would be roaming, just doesn't seem like Mewtwo. Cerulean Cave might be the best place, but since you can still get Mewtwo via Pal Park, I think they will make it available the next new system when GBA slot is completely gone.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    I think Cerulean Cave would be fine. People would just assume that Red released Mewtwo.

By the way, wolFLARE, you're right. It could never roam because it would just destroy everything in front of it. It's better imprisoned in Cerulean Cave because all the spaz can do there is blow up rocks. xD

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
    Years
    I think Cerulean Cave would be fine. People would just assume that Red released Mewtwo.

By the way, wolFLARE, you're right. It could never roam because it would just destroy everything in front of it. It's better imprisoned in Cerulean Cave because all the spaz can do there is blow up rocks. xD

I'm not too sure, I think after the "Mewtwo Returns" movie, he became more gentle, and left to roam Johto, helping people at night. kind of like batman.
    ... of course, that's the anime. though it would be interesting to see a pokémon who only roams at night.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    What aboout the new area being implemented in the game??
    Or maybe there's a storyline as to how Red loses it some how or something after you beat him. Or an event key.

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    Maybe after defeating Red he says "I HAVE TO AWARD YOU ON YOU'RE WINNINGS! HAVE THIS!" "-INSERT NAME HERE- got Mewtwo!"

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Direct linking from the company itself to fr/lg makes the Sevii not being in thing as invalid as it being in. It could be as those who have played fr/lg would expect now both Kanto and the Sevii islands to be in. Its a smart move as well imo.
    Now, even though in FireRed and LeafGreen, the Sevii Islands came included, it wouldn't be a necessary location to bring back. For one, in FireRed and LeafGreen having the Sevii Islands introduce the Day Care already disrupted the time line between the games. The reason why is because three years before in Kanto eggs were not introduced or supposed to be known about, however FRLG contradicted that idea.

Not to mention, events in the Sevii Islands were supposed to be approached three years ago in the game's timeline. With this being said, the Sevii Islands wouldn't have much of a point seeing as basically most that could be done would be catch some extra Pokémon and meet a few people. These things could easily be implemented in Kanto and give the second region more expansion and life than what was done before in the originals. So, to me, the Sevii Islands isn't something needed for the game, and could easily be replaced by the new features they have added now.

So, Sevii Islands, if they are back, then they're back. If not, oh well, because nothing could be done about it. Plus, I see no reason to complain if they aren't brought in, because Johto itself has introduced a ton of new features and locations that could easily be equally as satisfying as what the Sevii Islands were like in FireRed and LeafGreen.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Maybe after defeating Red he says "I HAVE TO AWARD YOU ON YOU'RE WINNINGS! HAVE THIS!" "-INSERT NAME HERE- got Mewtwo!"

haha I doubt they'd make it that easy for us. I really do hope they implement Mewtwo into the game though, it'd be nice to see him make another appearance.

Years
    Fate of Sinnoh Formes?

Hey all.
    I wondering how you think HG/SS will handle the sinnoh formes. If we trade Giratina holding his orb over to Soul Silver will he keep his origin forme? Will you be able to find the key item gracidea flower so Shaymin can change? Where will Rotom go to find appliances?

I speculate a lot of this kind of updating. Cynthia and Arceus' presence alone seems to suggest a little more sinnoh influence.

Ultimately I'd like to make Silver my master game pak, trading all diamond and platinum pokes to it. But not if I can't keep all the cool stuff platinum gave us.

Years
    With the amount of new features and detail put into HG/SS, I am certain that game freak know what to do about sinnoh formes.
    There isnt anything to worry about, HG/SS will more than likely have them

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Merged thread speculating on Mewtwo here, and is belongs here in speculation.

Also merged the Sinnoh Pokemon formes speculation thread here as well. But on that - items such as Giratina's orb cannot be traded at all, I don't believe - same for others including Rotom and so forth. (Unless I just got that info plain wrong...) Unless these items can be found in HG/SS or their formes accommodated for, I don't think we'll see those formes outside of Platinum...

Although with Giratina, considering you can catch a level 1 in HG/SS if you trade the movie Arceus there, and considering that its alternate forme is the 'Origin' forme... hmm. It's only a vague possibility though, I think - it may happen, it may not.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    With the topic about Mewtwo, there is a possibility it'll make a return. With this being said, I'd doubt it may end up being a roaming legendary as it already has a fixed location from before, which is the Cerulean Cave. The reason why it may be a possibility is because the lack of GBS slot on the DSi. Seeing as the newer games are becoming more independent from them, and then having Mewtwo along with all the third generation legendaries brought in makes sense to do. The only reason why we may not have gotten information on Mewtwo as yet however is probably because not much is known about Kanto for right now other than it will definitely be in the game.

For the different forms for the Pokémon in Platinum, I would assume something will be done to allow it. If not, then it'll be a major let down as you can't even use the Rotom Forms on Wi-Fi nor in the Battle Frontier without it reverting back to its original form. It is true, the Gracidea Flower and Griseous Orb used for Shaymin and Giratina cannot be traded. Though, it isn't a difficult task to place these items somewhere else neither. As far as I would think, the rebirth of the three dragons brought forth from Arceus in the game could actually have the held items such as the Adamant Orb, etc. It is even a possibility that Cynthia could give it to us after, depending on which legendary we choose to catch. As for Shaymin, it definitely isn't hard to simply allow someone new in the game to give us the flower.

Johto has Sinnoh influences as they are both 4th generation games. Not to mention they are in the same timeline as well, compared to Hoenn and Kanto. So, it would make sense for the new forms to be available in the remakes, especially knowing that the remakes are now coming after Platinum, while Diamond and Pearl were before it.

Back