• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    We have seen many routes towns and cities so I wanna say no those are just random lights.

The vents wouldnt just be in one town. And if those are lights they are lousy because they light nothing.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    The vents wouldnt just be in one town. And if those are lights they are lousy because they light nothing.
    At night time they could light the town a bit. If you haven't seen a lot of towns and cities now have lights or something. These would be it for newbark and that is it. I doubt the underground truly would be in.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Unless there are secret bases on the surface, Im sure the Underground is returning.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Well we havent seen much so you cant say there are no more. They look too much like those in Sinnoh to be ignored. This is why I am so sure.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2014
    Pal Park In HG/SS

OK first of all many of you people are thinking that little part on the map right next to Cianwood city is Either a Battle frontier,Battle island or a Pal Park.

Well one thing i know is its highly unlikely that it's gonna be a pal park now listen here.
    Nintendo have realesed the DSi which has a camera, sd slot and NO GBA SLOT.
    The reason for that is Nintendo wants to forget about GBA and any other DS games that include the function of the GBA SLOT therefore the future Pokemon games will not use that function. It's highly unlikely that the little area right next to Cianwood city is gonna be a Pal Park. Another thing im thinking about, is this game gonna be Compatible with the DSi camera because that would be cool maybe u might be able to get ur trainer card fixed with a picture of yourself or maybe when u defeat the elie four u might get an option that may allow u to take a picture with all your pokemon im not sure about that but that would make the game a bit better.

Well more about the Pal Park
    That area on the map does look like the Pal Park with the different area's and terrains but as i said before its highly unlikely that it is cause Nintendo's trying to get rid of the GBA function with there games so then u wont be able to Migrate pokemon and catch them in the Pal Park.

Another thing, Remember that place in Viridian City where there was that little battle place where u verse a guy named cal or something and he has a lvl 50 meganium lvl 50 feraligatr and a lvl 50 thyphlosion and if u battle'd a friend u get his pokemon data and you can battle his pokemon and get xp for it that would be cool if they put that back in HG/SS it would be a good way to train ur pokemon and a good way to train for your next battle against your friends. That's all Cya Later.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Merged the thread speculating on whether Pal Park would be in or not (amongst other things) here - Speculation thread after all.

I wouldn't really be too quick to discount it myself, personally - although there is the DSi and all without the GBA slot function, don't go about forgetting the DS and DS Lite as well - which MANY people have, DSi or not. It would be all that useless an option for them to implement it, really - I don't think anything near the majority of people playing HG/SS will only have a DSi, given how much longer, and how many more units the DS/DS Lite has sold. I'd say there's a chance either way - for it to be in, or not, simply.

Trying to guess what sections are what in the map so far isn't something I'd suggest to do as well - who knows, maybe a different Pal Park will occur? Maybe it'd be in Kanto (after all, it was a post-Elite Four thing...). And maybe a new option altogether would be done - maybe, for instance, something similar to the Time Machine in GSC (Bill was working on it, after all).

I also kinda doubt seeing much of a DSi camera function incorporated especially - it might though, but I'm not too sure on that. It'd be a pretty 'meh' thing though in my mind, as I don't really care for such things - but that's just me. =/

It'd be nice if the Trainer House came back - it'd then be somewhat similar to the Secret Bases, in that you could re-battle your friend's Pokemon team over and over again. I quite enjoyed that.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    Well we havent seen much so you cant say there are no more. They look too much like those in Sinnoh to be ignored. This is why I am so sure.

But we haven't seen much to asume that there is going to be an underground either.

Here's my argument: coro-coro has unveiled information of being able to catch Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza in HG&SS. You think they would have announced something like an underground before something that big.

Also, regarding the 'vents/lamps': it's outside a LAB, so they may be generators or cylinders of some sort (seeing as places like labs would require certain amounts of power to run?)

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Why would there be an underground if you could decorate your room like in the originals?
    Why would there be a Pal Park if you could use the Time Machine like in the originals?
    What other reason would Bill have to come to Johto?

Also to all the People who thinks that Kanto won't be included it was proven it would be in when it was in the originals!

Offtopic: Maybe this section (where the threads for HG/SS is) should be moderated. There is many moved and closed threads.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Why would there be an underground if you could decorate your room like in the originals?
    Why would there be a Pal Park if you could use the Time Machine like in the originals?
    What other reason would Bill have to come to Johto?

Also to all the People who thinks that Kanto won't be included it was proven it would be in when it was in the originals!

Offtopic: Maybe this section (where the threads for HG/SS is) should be moderated. There is many moved and closed threads.

Okay, just because we may have the option to decorate our rooms, doesn't necessarily mean that we do not need an Underground or secret base hidden in a forested tree or indented mountain. However, with little evidence of proof for an Underground to be included besides three similar blue cylinders it is hard to assume. It hasn't been sited anywhere else and the best thing to do other than speculate about it would simply be to wait for further information. We still have a few months before the Japanese release, so there is still time for a lot more information to be revealed.

The time machine is not noted to be in the remakes as yet, because nothing has been said about it. Plus, there isn't much of a time difference between the 4th generation games as the Sinnoh line and Johto line run together. So, a Pal Park can still be utilized for the game for those who do not have a DSi. Not to mention this system is still a new item and not everyone has it as yet. So, before saying it may not be in it you really have to look at things from a different perspective. Such as, the possibility of Kanto making a return and the areas that can be altered there. Not to forget the clouded area where the original Battle Tower was located as well. So, there are different options and opinions on this idea. I wouldn't say it isn't needed and I wouldn't say it isn't there, because we still have to reach into more of a depth in details for Johto itself.

Kanto has partially proven to be included. We have a mention of the original FRLG storyline from three years ago in the game. We also have the sightings of the Magnet Train leading east to Kanto. There is also the confirmation of seeing Route 22 on the map as well. If you piece it together you can conclude that we may have Kanto back once more, however it wasn't officially spoken of as yet.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    We don't even know about the release date IN Japan, other than September '09.
    I'd wait until at least December before considering international releases.

Actually, it is not technically confirmed that the release for Japan will be specifically in September. As for all we know, it is Fall of 2009. It is specualted to be released on the 19th of September, and it is speculated that it may be released on 10 Year Anniversary date. So for now, all we know is it will be released on Fall of 2009, because we do not know anything specific other than that. December is a pretty good month to estimate for any news on the international release for the US, as it was about the same time we got word on Platinum for the US as well. If not, then we may know of it either a little earlier or a little later. For the American release of the games though, it is speculated that it could be released from anytime during Late February to April, but is still unsure of [as this is based on speculation and estimation]. Of course, a few months after the US release is when we should be expecting the EU versions to be distributed as well as for other countries too.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    I hate long waits :P

I'm actually really looking forward to the new feature which lets any of the 493 pokemon you have follow you around. I can just imagine it: cycling along with a Dialga trodding behind XD

Kerli Lover

Meh, I prefer Digimon.
    Years
    I'm wondering If we will still be able to fight Ash (Or "Red" as he was called) over at Mt. Silver. I hope so, that was one of my favorite events :)

kellogs

Crunchy
    Years
    I'm thinking of getting the Japanese version,due to me being very impatient,would be nice to have as well.

I would love it if they kept the surf music similar to the one in the original HGSS games,the best in my opinion :D

Artonkn

Sup.
    Years
    I'm thinking of getting the Japanese version,due to me being very impatient,would be nice to have as well.

Haha same here :P Even though i dont understand a word that is said, i will stll get it (hopefully). I did this with platinum and still : Beat the elite 4 got girantina origin form and shaymin sky form and all forms of rotom! And it was still enjoyable in a language i didn't understand :)

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I'm wondering If we will still be able to fight Ash (Or "Red" as he was called) over at Mt. Silver. I hope so, that was one of my favorite events :)

I am pretty sure we will be able to. It was probably the biggest event over in the Kanto Region and I doubt they would take out something to crucial, that is maybe if they put in an Elite 4 instead. And if they did that in the Kanto, maybe Red or "Ash" will be the champion you will have to fight at the end. That would be pretty interesting.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Even though you may get the Japanese version, there is still speculation on whether there shall be a fan translation of the game. So, if it is done like how it was with Platinum, you should be able to understand it better with the guide rather than making a guess. It'll come in useful for those who export the game and play it. I for one, am starting to think on importing the Japanese version myself. This will give me a basic overcap on the game for when it is released in the US.

Anyway, as for Red, I would like for him to make a return. Though, I wouldn't see the reason for them replacing him either as he was a special part in Mt. Silver. Not to mention, the remakes will give him an opportunity to gain back his title for having the strongest leveled Pokémon. If so, and if it isn't raised to the 90s like some may say, then I think the high 80s might show up for him. His design, I wouldn't mind it changing it to the Red from FRLG as it'll keep the more modern fashion. However, his team roster should stay the same with a higher Al and inclusion of the new movesets introduced from the third and forth generations. I think this will top it all off for Red and his team and keep the fans with their nostalgic feel from the originals.

Back