• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If they had to add any region it would be the Kanto region. They wouldn't really add Sinnoh because well, we have travelled it enough. The Hoenn region is not that similar to the Johto region as the Kanto region is. I would want Kanto to be in it more than any other region because it would just suit the remake better.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they didn't add in the Kanto Region to the game, then what would be the point of having in Mt. Silver, and then there would be no Red either.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    That's true. I'm sure a lot of people would want Mt. Silver and Red in the game. It wouldn't make sense if they left those two things out.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well this coming Sunday there will be another short video like what we had last Sunday and the past Sunday as well. I don't know what they'll reveal this time, but even if not much, you can expect more CoroCoro Scans by Early - Mid June or so.

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
    Years
    It should end in the Kanto region- imagine the final battle against red (but this time yellow) with his Pikachu beside him!

The perfect end to a perfect game!! :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    If they didn't add in the Kanto Region to the game, then what would be the point of having in Mt. Silver, and then there would be no Red either.
    If the Kanto is dropped out...
    The storyline will have a slight change...
    Maybe the Mt. Silver will be the Pokemon League Headquarters for Johto... lol

But I'm tired of seeing Kanto in all 4 Generations...
    If they're really gonna add Kanto,
    I hope that we can also have a rematch with the Kanto Gym Leader (after winning them).

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If the Kanto is dropped out...
    The storyline will have a slight change...
    Maybe the Mt. Silver will be the Pokemon League Headquarters for Johto... lol

But I'm tired of seeing Kanto in all 4 Generations...
    If they're really gonna add Kanto,
    I hope that we can also have a rematch with the Kanto Gym Leader (after winning them).

Wait, all four generations? I don't really think so.

If Kanto does happen to be in this remake it would be pretty cool to battle them again after the Elite Four, but what about the Johto gym leaders?

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
    Wait, all four generations? I don't really think so.
    Actually I never noticed, but if Kanto is in HGSS, and it should be, Kanto would have been in all 4 gens.

1st: RGBY = Kanto
    2nd: GSC = Kanto after 3yrs
    3rd: FRLG = Remake Kanto
    4th: HGSS = Remake Kanto after 3yrs

Regardless, I will be majorly disappointed if Kanto isn't in HGSS, and won't be a true remake to me.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Though, the Kanto hasn't been in the Sinnoh as yet...Except if you count the link compatability with DPPT and GSDS part of it.

Years
    If they had to add any region it would be the Kanto region. They wouldn't really add Sinnoh because well, we have travelled it enough. The Hoenn region is not that similar to the Johto region as the Kanto region is. I would want Kanto to be in it more than any other region because it would just suit the remake better.

That, and the fact that Johto and Kanto were actually connected. I really don't think they'll leave Kanto out because it was part of the thing that made G2 so great...and because not only was Mt. Silver accessible from Kanto, but the Pokémon League was there, as well. I don't think they have any compelling reason to take it out, and I'm pretty sure there would be a lot of angry fans if they did.

Though, the Kanto hasn't been in the Sinnoh as yet...Except if you count the link compatability with DPPT and GSDS part of it.

If Kanto is added to GSDS, then it will be in G4 since GSDS will still be G4 games.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    That, and the fact that Johto and Kanto were actually connected. I really don't think they'll leave Kanto out because it was part of the thing that made G2 so great...and because not only was Mt. Silver accessible from Kanto, but the Pokémon League was there, as well. I don't think they have any compelling reason to take it out, and I'm pretty sure there would be a lot of angry fans if they did.

If Kanto is added to GSDS, then it will be in G4 since GSDS will still be G4 games.

I strongly agree. It's a very high chance that the Kanto region will be there. Even I would be dissapointed if it was left out.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    @ White Lancer, in that term then yeah Kanto sure has been in every one...I guess it makes sense seeing as it is the first region to be made in Pokémon.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Will HG and SS have Wifi? I feel kind of stupid asking but since it is a remake will they be adding that into the game?

PKMN Trainer Sliver

would like to battle!
    Years
    A really cool thing they could add is the Silver Conference(aka Johto Elite 4). I mean you could still have to beat the Kanto E4, but after you get all 16 bagdes it opens and you have two E4 instead of 1.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Will HG and SS have Wifi? I feel kind of stupid asking but since it is a remake will they be adding that into the game?

More than likely, yes, it will have WiFi. To keep up with the more modern games and have better compatability with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

A really cool thing they could add is the Silver Conference(aka Johto Elite 4). I mean you could still have to beat the Kanto E4, but after you get all 16 bagdes it opens and you have two E4 instead of 1.

I actually like this idea, and would have loved to see it added in.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016

I doubt that they would take out WiFi, so yes it most likely will be in HG/SS. It's not a stupid question, I can see where your coming from.
    Edit: Beaten. I take too long.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    There are many silly ideas and questions I have about the game as well, but Aseril is right, you don't need to feel ashamed. =D

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    More than likely, yes, it will have WiFi. To keep up with the more modern games and have better compatability with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

I actually like this idea, and would have loved to see it added in.

Okay if so great, I was really looking forward to that feature. Thanks! :)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    No problem at all. I am looking foward to having WiFi with the Johto as well, it'll be a big change in a way compared to the older versions back in '99-'00.

Back