• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Merged thread regarding Kanto birds possibly being in HG/SS here.

IMO it probably won't happen, as they are in Platinum and Nintendo still like to encourage people to trade or get more games to collect them all... although I wouldn't quite discount it yet, really.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Forgive my ignorance, but what do Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno have to do with Mewtwo?

For me, it doesn't but I'd probably call that idea basic speculations. As Pokémon is sometimes known for certain activities to unleash another Pokémon in the game. For example, in Diamond.Pearl you needed the three Regiis from RSE to activate the Regigigas in Snowpoint City. Of course, those four Pokémon do have a relation with one another. A more clear point than the three birds do with Mewtwo, but you never know what Pokémon may come up with when working on their games.

However, for me, seeing as though they were available in Platinum running loosely, I'd doubt they'll add them again in these remakes. GameFreak would want to keep it this way to pormote trade [like said] and promote people to continue playing Platinum, but still promoting larger sales for their new releases and upcoming releases like HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
    I think the people were saying before that if you got a Kyogre/Groudon from RSE, migrated it to DP and traded to HGSS, do you think Rayquaza would still appear or it has to be from the opposite game? And how would they know -.- well besides the caught location.

Years
    You know these movie events are really piquing my curiosity.

First we have two Pichus at the Ilex Shrine. It's almost definitely going to be a Celebi event, but how is it going to play out? How do two random Pichus make Celebi reveal itself?

Next we have Cynthia standing in a mysterious place where(supposedly) the birth of the dragon trio to be witnessed. What's she doing there? It could be that she knows much more about the Sinnoh space time legend than anyone thought, she might even be a time lord or a deity.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2009
    I actually approve of the three legendary bird ‎Pokémon being involved in the HGSS series as it would be an interesting spin-off in regards to their involvement in DPPt. Mind you f l a s h raises a valid point with questioning whether Nintendo would want to overuse Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno.

This brings me to the thought of when we saw the trio fight it out in The Power of One with Lugia, that could be a possibility?

Also tbh I was slightly disappointed in seeing Groudon and Kyogre's involvement within the game, whether I'm somewhat slightly in denial or I simply feel Nintendo are taking a rather foolish gamble of introducing Generation IV Pokémon into HGSS potentially wrecking the plot. Hopefully Nintendo has a valid reason.

Last edited:

Foo Fighter

Even in the face of death...
    Years
    First we have two Pichus at the Ilex Shrine. It's almost definitely going to be a Celebi event, but how is it going to play out? How do two random Pichus make Celebi reveal itself?

I thought that that vent was simply an event to get the pikachu colored noth ear pichu. Not a Celebi related event. A

Also, I'm baffled as to how groudon and Kyogre will play out in the plot. Im hoping that its just some type of add on or something. (Or maybe they're adding Hoenn as another visitable region, ha. I can dream.

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
    The three dogs easier to get?

Does anybody remember the frustration they went through to try and get all the dogs in the orginal GS? Well i certanly do. In the orginal, once u release them from their chamber, u didn't know the whereabouts of any of them. Then once u finally see one, u have to move between 2 routes and open ur pokedex each time u do so, to check whether or not that dog was in ur area. Do people think they would add on a marking map on the bottom screen to make it easier for the remake?

Alec_

Years
    I think it's not easier. The only technique is be sure that your first pokemon got a Mean Look. Then you could capture it because it cannot escape. xD

~Fairytales.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I'd always save a lot before my encounters with the dogs so if I missed my chance, I could try again. I do not think it should be easier. I like the challenge, you can get em no matter what the task though. ;)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Merged speculation on the Johto Beasts here, due to the speculative nature of the speculation. =P

I believe they might go and make it easier - it depends though how far the Pokegear-on-the-bottom-screen feature extends, I suppose - if one can see Pokemon data in the Pokedex via it, then I suppose it will be easier.

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
    -.- I really want this game now with all the new news that's been coming out! (LOL, I don't even care anymore about the bad design of the girl) But it sucks that Groudons in SS, cause I don't like Groudon. But I like Lugia, maybe I'll get both versions.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    -.- I really want this game now with all the new news that's been coming out! (LOL, I don't even care anymore about the bad design of the girl) But it sucks that Groudons in SS, cause I don't like Groudon. But I like Lugia, maybe I'll get both versions.
    Well if you hope hard enough Lugia will be in HG as it was before in gold at level 70.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I thought catchnig the dogs were a lot harder in the originals too, yes. Especially when I had encountered Entei too early in the game after seeing it flee from the towers and I never got to catch it again. However, like stated, the level of diffculty for catching it now varies. The reason why is because in DPPt they brought in the Locator App [I'm sure it had another name for it], but it allowed us to track where the Pokémon like Cresselia and Mesprit were located in the Sinnoh region. If this is brought back to the remakes, then I would think a lot of people would be tracking them. This will make it a bit easier to get ready for their encounter and capture when you finally meet up with them.

Even though, with the three legendary dogs I wouldn't mind them having their own encounter music like what was done to Mesprit in DPPt. I thought that was a nice touch and I'd like to see it implemented once more.

Years
    I thought that that vent was simply an event to get the pikachu colored noth ear pichu. Not a Celebi related event. A

Also, I'm baffled as to how groudon and Kyogre will play out in the plot. Im hoping that its just some type of add on or something. (Or maybe they're adding Hoenn as another visitable region, ha. I can dream.

I have to disagree about your opinion on the Pichu event, why would they place that event in a location a legendary Pokemon would be caught? It's the equivalent of making that shiny Milotic that was given out be caught at the Spear Pillar.

Also, I bet that you'll hear rumours of a massive flood or drought(version-specific obviously) happening in the Sevill islands about 3/4 of the way through Kanto. You'll go on a big sub-plot in the islands that ends with catching the legendary. Later you'll go to navel rock and find an item that boosts Rayquaza's dragon and flying type moves and no entrance to the top. When you have Groundon and Kyogre in your party stairs to the top will have opened and you'll be able to fight Rayquaza there.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    The LDogs were hard in the originals. I never even came across them, if I did I don't remember them. I think they'll be easier to catch in the remake. If they bring back the App that they had for the Pokétch, well just something similar to it.

blueblur155

Proud American Citizen
    Years
    Also, I bet that you'll hear rumours of a massive flood or drought(version-specific obviously) happening in the Sevill islands about 3/4 of the way through Kanto. You'll go on a big sub-plot in the islands that ends with catching the legendary. Later you'll go to navel rock and find an item that boosts Rayquaza's dragon and flying type moves and no entrance to the top. When you have Groundon and Kyogre in your party stairs to the top will have opened and you'll be able to fight Rayquaza there.

this seems like the most logical way for nintendo to present groudon/kyogre (and it sounds SWEET too!)

Back