• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I've always wanted to be able to actually see the pokemon I was surfing on instead of seeing a lapras, wailmer, etc. Do you think it's possible that they've added this feature into Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

*Keep in mind there are some small pokemon that can learn surf.

This is what a lot of people are asking. To me it seems very possible, and if it is fulfilled, then you can consider it a change for the game. As it'll definitely be a large improvement as I've stated many times on this question. Not to mention, it'll give the game a closer step to being a bit more realistic, as you'll actually be surfing with your "Surf" partner rather than a set figure such as a Lapras or Wailmer like ride. I'd like to see it happen; I really would because it'll be another small feature that makes the game just a bit better that we could think. However, there are contradictions that many people wonder about. This would happen to be the idea of hacking a Pokémon to learn Surf, when they originally cannot. This is why it may not be allowed, but then again a certain glitch in the game could be used to fix it, but the best thing now is just to wait and see. I'm sure we'll eventually see at least one scan with the player surfing atop the water.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    If that "nostalgia" was completely held like glue, TM50 would be Substitute again. If I cared much about nostalgia, I'd be yelling about how Exp. Share isn't remotely as useful as the item it replaced. If we cared so much about nostalgia, a lot of things would be stagnant.

Just going by what I've seen on this forum. A lot of people are concerned about that "nostalgia" sir. I for one don't care for it as much as others, I was just making discussion... as shown in that post you quoted.

As for that surf sprite, I too would love to actually see the Pokemon you're using to show up rather than a default sprite. For some reason though, I doubt we'll see it happening, at least not in this game. :/

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Well, there's that mist over there (as I heard someone say) where the Battle Tower was in Crystal. But it seems like a pretty big cloud for just one Tower, so maybe it's a whole Frontier they built there.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    But...What about the Heavy ball?
    I think...maybe they ´won´t put the apricorn ball...but maybe the add some new ones...

Honestly, I would prefer the old ones over any new ones. The reason being is because seeing as though DPPt doesn't apply to the old Apricorn Balls, calling for new ones would only complicate the matter more. Not to mention, the fans who seek a more nostalgic feel might create a small uproar for changing the old balls to something new. However, if they can simply incorporate the newer generation balls with the apricorns, then it'll simplify the problems. Things like the heavy ball, now even though they haven't made a ball to relate to it such as other, it may be removed [or not].

Honestly though, I wouldn't mind having the old Johto Apricorns back along with Kurt's exclusive Pokéballs. If it worked with the transfering of RBY and GS, then I'm sure something could easily be fixed to allow access with them in DPPt. Overall, some way or the other, something will be clearified with this matter, but it is a matter of when. I'd like for it to return, but if it doesn't, then I think I can understand.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Well, it worked for RBY-GSC because back then the game didn't store what Ball you caught your Pokemon in; every single one looked the same. Now, the Pokeball is on your status screen and it appears when you send out a Pokemon and stuff, so it actually makes a difference in your Pokemon's data. They could do something like change all the balls to Pokeballs when transfered to DPPt pretty easily, but they'd have to do something.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • They could, but imo that'd seem a little pointless since you can already buy them in the other 4th gen games for 1000 pokedollars or less. It seems like Kurt's balls are supposed to be more special than that. But I guess if they're free it's not that bad.

Foxnordic

Common trainer
    Years
  • i hope you'll be able to trade pokemon from d/p/pt before getting the national dex, its really annoying that you can only trade after beating the game and getting the dex as in d/p/pt :/

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • i agree more the reason not to evolve it if it stops followin you

It could be the case for some people, but I am sure most will still want the strongest possible pokemon especially in their starter. Therefore they will let it get at its strongest evolved stage to prepare for the elite 4, wifi battles etc. Although I am one of the people who does sometimes does not evolve my starter because I love Chikorita xD.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Do you think there will be contest halls in Jhoto and Kanto

Do you think there will be contest halls in Johto and Kanto and if so in what towns

I think there wont be contest but if they were i think they will be in goldenrod and blackthorn Cerulean and Celedon and maybe Saffron

What do you all think

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Merged the 'do you think there'll be contests in HG/SS' thread here, as it's speculation.

Personally... I somehow think there won't - if there are, maybe Kanto wouldn't be too bad a place... I'm unsure exactly if I want them in as well or not. Maybe not so much in Johto, given that it was certainly not part of GSC and all, but I don't care too much about it, really.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • i hope you'll be able to trade pokemon from d/p/pt before getting the national dex, its really annoying that you can only trade after beating the game and getting the dex as in d/p/pt :/

Hmmm? A friend of mine traded me a Vulpix (which isn't in the sinnoh dex) to my Platinum version before I had gotten the national dex. It just showed a "???" as the pokedex number in its summary screen.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Hmmm? A friend of mine traded me a Vulpix (which isn't in the sinnoh dex) to my Platinum version before I had gotten the national dex. It just showed a "???" as the pokedex number in its summary screen.

i know lots of people do not think you can and they always say hack but i always do right now i have a Poliwag on my platinum team and im up to like the 5th badge well now it is poliwhirl

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • Do you think there will be contest halls in Johto and Kanto and if so in what towns

I think there wont be contest but if they were i think they will be in goldenrod and blackthorn Cerulean and Celedon and maybe Saffron

What do you all think?

Personally, I think there will be contest hall\s (notice the \) somewhere in Johto or Kanto. The reason I say hall\s is because there was one in D\P\Pt, so that way may just carry over into HG\SS.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Do you think there will be contest halls in Johto and Kanto and if so in what towns

What do you all think

Personally, I think there will be contest hall\s (notice the \) somewhere in Johto or Kanto. The reason I say hall\s is because there was one in D\P\Pt, so that way may just carry over into HG\SS.

There is a very high chance for haxing Pokémon Contests in Johto or Kanto. The reason why is because from the laest scans given about two weeks ago, there was noted a ribbons tab when searching details on you Pokémon. So, because of this seen ribbon and knowing the relation it has with contests, it is believed that at least one Contest Hall may be made in Johto. Currently, many speculate that the new area West of the National Park with the round-like building shall be the held Contest Hall, however it isn't sure of. Then, there is also the possibility of Kanto having at least one Contest Hall as well [this is unsure of]. So, I believe contests will show up in these remakes unlike what was done in FRLG, but we'll see. I would only hope it does, as I may be on of the few who actually enjoy participating in them.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • Do you think important trainers like Silver/gym leaders/elite four/Red will have animated sprites when you battle them? I thought it was a nice little extra thing they added for Platinum and I thought they were pretty cool (except for Pearl's, his was just wierd) so I'd like to see them do it again in HG/SS.

Back