• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    i was wondering. If you have accessories and no contests what would be the use? I was thinking if contests don't make it what about accesorizing your Pokemon before the race in the racing part? So instead of contests, races like contest races. Kinda like card games on motorbikes...

Maybe. The race idea will be interesting if it turns out happening. Hopefully not like Dash, though. I never played it, but I hear it was bad.

[Speaking of Card Games on motorbikes...I'm behind 20 episodes or so in the (Subbed not dubbed) Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's. I should probably get to them soon...]

Magmarashi

Trainer in Training
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I think these should be the last of the main line of games. They are running out of pokemon ideas (Sinnoh had a lot of Evolutions)

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    In the transition for Johto to Kanto, there was a level "reset". Where the opposing pokemon were in the 40's, and then continued to make their way up in Kanto. Do you think a)this will happen again, b) The levels will instead escalate higher, or c) reset to an even lower level so the player can start to raise a new team?

brit13444

brit13444
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2009
    I WOULD LOVE TO SEE MY MILTANK FOLLOW MOI AROUND! I STILL HOPE THAT YOU CAN CATCH THAT SNORLAX NEAR VERMILION. THAT THING IS TOUGH AS NAILS! I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE HOW THEY INCORPORATE THE TOUCH SCREEN! I HOPE ALL THE POKE'MON HAVE COOL POSES ANDMAYBE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TRADE WITH THE D/P/P GAMES! I WAS VERY IMPRESSED BY THE FR/LG GAMES AND AM HOPING THEY WILL DO JUST AS GOOD!

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2024
    I think that they should also emphasize a bit on the sub-plot of the Red Gyarados.

I hope, but doubt, that HG/SS will have some Shiny Gold references too, such as Carlos (although maybe a different name) or Lance, after clearing out Team Rocket from Mahogany Town, he will give you a Pokémon. I don't know about a Clamperl, and the Dex may start out as the Johto Dex, but that would be cool in my mind.

Carlos, as I said before, would also be a great addition to the game because of the challenge. Something along those lines to throw some extra "kick" into it.

And I like the idea of more Manga references, besides just Red. There should be a sub-plot around that. There, actually, should be a whole sub-plot built around characters such as Blue, Red ect. See, in Gold and Silver, Blue was the Viridian City gym leader in place of Giavonni who is out of the picture in the game.

They should build a whole separate plot into Kanto. At the end of the game or sometime in the middle of the Kanto adventures, you should find Giavonni (wherever he is off to).

I think tossing in a whole other region, ergo Hoenn, is too much. The levels would be way to high for a video game. It would be fun, but it would be too much. I mean you could train and all, but the game couldn't hold 24 gyms. Maybe the Orange Islands would be good, because its only 4 gyms. But the Sevii Islands, Orange Islands, any kind of extra thing is hard to put in the game because it already has to regions. (Note: If they remove Kanto from the game the amount of people who are going to buy it will probably drop by 75%) In fact, I would buy it, but I would only buy one, and I wouldn't trade my Pokémon over to one of the two as I planned.

They should definitely update the PokéGear. I still like the idea of PokéGear, but it should have more of a Pokétch aspect to it. Maybe it will be a Pokétch. But it shouldn't, really. It should be more, bigger, better. An update PokéGear could possibly include Pokétch features, the original PokéGear features, and maybe PokéNav features thrown into one PokéGear!! That would be really cool!!

Okay, I'm done rambling. xD

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    I think that they should also emphasize a bit on the sub-plot of the Red Gyarados.

I hope, but doubt, that HG/SS will have some Shiny Gold references too, such as Carlos (although maybe a different name) or Lance, after clearing out Team Rocket from Mahogany Town, he will give you a Pokémon. I don't know about a Clamperl, and the Dex may start out as the Johto Dex, but that would be cool in my mind.

Carlos, as I said before, would also be a great addition to the game because of the challenge. Something along those lines to throw some extra "kick" into it.

And I like the idea of more Manga references, besides just Red. There should be a sub-plot around that. There, actually, should be a whole sub-plot built around characters such as Blue, Red ect. See, in Gold and Silver, Blue was the Viridian City gym leader in place of Giavonni who is out of the picture in the game.

They should build a whole separate plot into Kanto. At the end of the game or sometime in the middle of the Kanto adventures, you should find Giavonni (wherever he is off to).

I think tossing in a whole other region, ergo Hoenn, is too much. The levels would be way to high for a video game. It would be fun, but it would be too much. I mean you could train and all, but the game couldn't hold 24 gyms. Maybe the Orange Islands would be good, because its only 4 gyms. But the Sevii Islands, Orange Islands, any kind of extra thing is hard to put in the game because it already has to regions. (Note: If they remove Kanto from the game the amount of people who are going to buy it will probably drop by 75%) In fact, I would buy it, but I would only buy one, and I wouldn't trade my Pokémon over to one of the two as I planned.

They should definitely update the PokéGear. I still like the idea of PokéGear, but it should have more of a Pokétch aspect to it. Maybe it will be a Pokétch. But it shouldn't, really. It should be more, bigger, better. An update PokéGear could possibly include Pokétch features, the original PokéGear features, and maybe PokéNav features thrown into one PokéGear!! That would be really cool!!

Shiny Gold references? What is Shiny Gold?

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010

Yeah...don't count on it. If you want a challenge like Carlos, you might get it from your counterpart if at all.

Also, Shiny Gold is this.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2024
    Shiny Gold is a ROM Hack of Pokémon Fire Red that is probably the best hack ever in my opinion. It is made to realistically look like G/S with improved graphics.

Yeah...don't count on it. If you want a challenge like Carlos, you might get it from your counterpart if at all.

I know, but I just like that idea, is all. I am 99% that won't happen, I'm just saying...

Oops. That was supposed to be two replies. :|

Oh! They are all getting blurred together.

Last edited:
    Years
    (Ugh, this thread isn't about Shiny gold it's about Heart Gold and Soul Silver.)

I really hope they keep the trainer animations. I enjoyed that a lot. Firered and Leafgreen were way better than the original as well as these remakes from what we can tell. Game Freak/Nintendo have really outdone themselves. Ho-oh looks gorgeous and I love the sunset behind it. After seeing both Morty and Clair's gym, I'm guessing there will be some puzzles in the gyms which I'll be very excited over. After seeing the commercial, I can tell I'll love these games more than the original Gold and Silver. Ecruteak city looks simply stunning and I love the different color trees. It's beautiful. I love the background where Ho-oh is located. If that is the intro, I'm not going to skip over it when I play. I love Ho-oh's touch screen and I like the "Touch to Start" instead of "Press Start.." The music in this game sounds better than ever and I can't wait to dance to it when I play the game. I know these games will be incredible. I'm really looking forward to playing this game! :D

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    (Ugh, this thread isn't about Shiny gold it's about Heart Gold and Soul Silver.)

I really hope they keep the trainer animations. I enjoyed that a lot. Firered and Leafgreen were way better than the original as well as these remakes from what we can tell. Game Freak/Nintendo have really outdone themselves. Ho-oh looks gorgeous and I love the sunset behind it. After seeing both Morty and Clair's gym, I'm guessing there will be some puzzles in the gyms which I'll be very excited over. After seeing the commercial, I can tell I'll love these games more than the original Gold and Silver. Ecruteak city looks simply stunning and I love the different color trees. It's beautiful. I love the background where Ho-oh is located. If that is the intro, I'm not going to skip over it when I play. I love Ho-oh's touch screen and I like the "Touch to Start" instead of "Press Start.." The music in this game sounds better than ever and I can't wait to dance to it when I play the game. I know these games will be incredible. I'm really looking forward to playing this game! :D

Who said it was? I just didn't know what he was talking about because I could care less about ROM hacks and therefore do not know about it... I was thinking it was something different that I didn't know about... I just asked a question and they answered me, no big deal... that doesn't mean that we think this is a Shiny Gold discussion thread...

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2024

Someone was just asking about what it was. All I was saying is that I was hoping for some Shiny Gold references in Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Btw, its gonna be the best game yet!!

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

OK, Let's get started. The idea of Game Freak makin' a (big) reference to ShinyGold, a ROM-hack, seems pretty much absurd to me... I mean, They don't like it, why would they give Zel that kind of attention, you may ask...
    Yea, a little plot about Red, Blue (and hopefully Leaf, too) would be nice, maybe make it larger this time... But I do NOT like th Giovanni-thing. If he's gone, he's gone. And I don't think they would add SUCH a big thing that weren't in the originals...
    And yes, I agree, Hoenn would be a big no-no, not just too big, but i think it would really **** up the story, to be honest. I DON'T like the idea of Orange Isles, I dunno why people hope to see it in HGSS... I think puttin' in a big (bad) Anime-thing into the game, just to fill space, that could be one of their biggest mistakes ever. It just wouldn't fit in. If you wanna play in Orange Isles, Play Naranja!, and don't bug HGSS with it. And I personally think that instead of addin' Sevii again, (that's FRLG's thing) I'd prefer a new area in Johto, which it's really lookin' like It's gonna be. And with the new improved Kantoh that everyone is hopin' for is introduced, then that would maybe even be nessecary, if you ask me.

Pokey out.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023

The only thing I'll say is: HELL NO.
    That's absurd.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Really now? A completely illegal rom hack going to be referenced in the remakes? I am sorry but there is stupid and then borderline insane. Its like saying gen 5 will have fan Pokemon.

Years
    I must agree with the person's post above mine.

Also like someone else mentioned, adding Hoenn and all this stuff in a GS remake, is too much. If they wanted to add Hoenn, do it in a completely new game. Don't ruin it but adding too much. 16 badges is good enough. With all the new areas, it will take a little bit longer to beat the game.

One thing I'm curious about is whether or not certain characters (Gym Leaders, Rival, E4, Champion Lance, Red, Kimono Girls, etc.) will be animated or not. They haven't shown any that were animated as of yet. Just because some characters were animated in Platinum, doesn't mean they'll be animated in this game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2024
    Really now? A completely illegal rom hack going to be referenced in the remakes? I am sorry but there is stupid and then borderline insane. Its like saying gen 5 will have fan Pokemon.

I didn't say it was. I said it would be cool if they did. Of course they won't. And also, it is not illegal... if you meet the requirements (like own a copy of Pokémon FireRed).

And as I said before, its true that adding another region like Hoenn is too much. With two regions already in the game, its hard to add much more. :(

Back