• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
  • I think that it may be a good idea(to select whatever music you want to play) but I really don't think that it may be implemented in these games. Maybe for future games......

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Things that shouldn't be speculated thanks to new scans:
    Apricorns ~~ Any new apricorns?
    Kanto ~~ Position here hasn't really changed, just a new map which doesn't quite show it.
    Levels of Legends
    New Gyms ~~ Likely hood is many have been redesigned... but to what? The Azelea Gym looked interesting... wonder how it works o.O
    Pokegear has map radio and itemfinder possibly more so yeah (I'll assume not much has changed here)
    Kimono Girls have a role. ~~ Woo! But they don't seem to be in their hut in the screens? Hmm.

They can still be speculated XD They have only given tiny snippets of information, we can still guess the rest! Haha.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Will the platinum forms work over wi-fi with these games?

I'm just wondering, because I prefer origin Giratina over it's normal form.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Merged thread speculating on formes being trad-able/compatible, etc or not to HG/SS with the Speculation thread as well.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Kimono Girls-How significant a change will this be?

So we now know that they will indeed be all over Johto. One in the forest one in violet one in the hall itself and more. We see that the one in the hall is alone and being yelled at by a rocket member so gold must have walked in. Gold went to the mart and the Kimono girl popped up in violet city. The kimono girl in Ilex forest though is lost? Hmm. But not the point.
    The point of this thread is to discuss if they will be battled early or after the main quest when you found them all and if they will be with 2 new ones for the ice and grass type evolutions.

Years
  • Maybe the Rocket Grunts threatened them and that's why they ran out in various locations. You now have to find all the sisters to make sure they're all okay. I like their overworld sprites. It's nicer than I expected. I'm happy they're getting a more important role now. The picture with the grunt and the Kimono girl looks very interesting. If we get to team up with the Kimono sisters as well as battle against them, I'll be happy. :) I hope their battle sprites are animated so we can see the Kimono dance. That'd be cool to see. (The more sprites the better for comic makers. ;)) I think we might have to wait until after completing the mission, to battle them all. Hopefully, they have added the two extra sisters with the Leafeon and Glaceon. (I think they did.)

GameplayerHGSS

Back to Johto in HeartGold...!
    Years
  • Kanto in HG/SS Question?

Do you think they will make the gym leaders ( Brock, Misty, Sabrina, etc.) stronger cause I played the originals about a week ago and they were quite easy... The same could be said about the Elite Four.... So what do you guys think? So sorry if this has already been posted, but I'm really hoping for a challenge from these two games.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Discussion on the Kimono girls also comes under speculation... *merges* AND the same for the thread on whether the Gym Leaders will be stronger (there was an old-ish thread on it too).

Probably gym leaders will end up stronger at least some, IMO, but so far there's no real indication of it either way.

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
  • https://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pics.shtml

Pre release screenshots galore. I noticed something interesting, how Chikorita is following Gold around. Maybe the starter Pokemon will be able to follow the hero around in it's basic stage, or all three of its stages.

Anyone else got any ideas about that?

Any pokemon, including all three forms of your starter, can follow you around. I think it's automatic, though--it's whichever pokemon is at the front of your team that pops out and follows you.

<<Haruki Adachi>>

Oh how heroes have fallen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    It seams the pokedex and other main functions are being replaced by the touch screen.
    And I don't think Palpark won't be needed as much as it was before.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • It seams the pokedex and other main functions are being replaced by the touch screen.
    And I don't think Palpark won't be needed as much as it was before.
    I kind of agree as for the legendaries. If they make stuff like Kanto/Hoenn starters available (maybe make it like Emerald and you get to pick one when you finish the dex?), then yeah, they'll pretty much eliminate the need, which is what they'll probably do considering the DSi doesn't have a slot. I just hope they make it interesting so it doesn't feel like it was all shoved in as an afterthought, like DPPt's huge amount of "optional" legends kind of felt. If they at least spread out their availability (rather than having them all available after the main story is finished, maybe, say, make some available midway through Johto, some available at the start of Kanto, some available midway through Kanto, and the best available after Kanto), then maybe it wouldn't feel so cluttered.

Randomizer

Sound off the false alarm.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2010
    Do you think they will make the gym leaders ( Brock, Misty, Sabrina, etc.) stronger cause I played the originals about a week ago and they were quite easy... The same could be said about the Elite Four.... So what do you guys think? So sorry if this has already been posted, but I'm really hoping for a challenge from these two games.
    I assume what they'll do is do what they did with Fire Red/Leaf Green. After Kanto, you'll be able to have a rematch with the Elite Four where the level's will get boosted. As far as Kanto Gym Leader's go. I hope the level's will be boosted, they were in the 40's while all mine were in the 50's before I even went to Kanto.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I hope that KANTO is a little more well done this time... And after these two games, is there going to be a crystal remake or a start of a new generation
    ???
    I don't think that crystal will be remade. Thus maybe it will be the start of a new generation.

Where are the apricorn pics? I couldn't spot them. Everything else I see, but not the apricorns.
    Yeah. Me too.

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
    Years
  • I think that the legendaries will probably include either Jiachi or someone like that. I already heard bout Groudon and kyogure, but does this open up the way for latias n latios?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I think that the legendaries will probably include either Jiachi or someone like that. I already heard bout Groudon and kyogure, but does this open up the way for latias n latios?

Apparently the rumors of Latias and Latios are fake, along with Mewtwo. So chances are, they'll have to be obtained in some other fashion. Sad about Mewtwo. :( :(

Back