• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
Years
  • Yeah, I reckon they will. We needs us some Celebi - how else are we to get that kawaii onion head, desu? Hopefully it's a Wi-fi event though, for us down under. Although, if the latest events have told us anything, it will be 8D.

Also:

For those of you who dont know what the GS ball is (NOOBS!)

...For those who don't know how info is stored on DS carts (NOOBS!)
    HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Merged speculation on if a Celebi event with the GS ball will occur here with the speculation thread. Same for the Pal Park thread.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • For the Pal Park, I really wouldn't think of it making an appearance in HeartGold and SoulSilver. The reason why I say this is because with the DSi not including a GBA Slot within the system, I'd say the remakes will become more soley independant from the older GBA cartridges in which it wouldn't require a Pal Park. Not to mention, with DPPt and the new remakes, the game wouldn't really need a Pal Park as the player will be able to complete nearly their entire PokéDex between the two games. The reason why Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza are making their way into Johto is so gamers wouldn't need the help of migration or trade to aquire them. So, no, I don't think there will be a Pal Park in the remakes like there was in DPPt.

As for the GS Ball making a return to the games, then yes, I would have to agree on that idea. Celebi is one Pokémon who hasn't had a held event in awhile and so with the remakes it seems probable that an event with Celebi may occur. With this being said, I strongly believe that the GS Ball will make a reappearance through either a Wi-Fi or Toys 'R Us event so players can activate Celebi like it was done in Crystal [except this time it'll be worldwide without the use of phones].

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    We also need a Jirachi with an in-game location, seriously I'm just going to hack an event island into FireRed if they don't do that.
    Seriously I don't think there's a need for Jirachi with in-game genereation in Hg/Ss... I'd rather them to put it in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald remakes (if there's gonna be...)

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    will the safari will be like advance map for the 3rd gen games when you can change almost everything in the map?
    What do you mean on this one?
    Do you mean the graphics?
    Well if if it is, well then the graphics are actually very similar to DPP.
    Have you seen the screenshots already?

Pirate Dave

かいぞく デイヴ
    Years
  • I want this:

A move tutor whose sole role is to teach Alakazam Heat Wave, Nasty Plot and Aura Sphere.

Not gonna happen you say? Yeah you're probably right… :'(

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • will the safari will be like advance map for the 3rd gen games when you can change almost everything in the map?

If you mean you would like the adcanced map such as the one from a ROM Hack, then I wouldn't see that coming. The reason being is because HeartGold and SoulSilver are more so an official Game Freak product and not a fan based game being produced through hacks. So, with this being said an advanced map to be produced in the games wouldn't be likely for the Safari Zone. As for the customization feature, so far all most of us know is that it is where we can alter the positions of each area so players can arrive there faster without the waste of the amount of steps being made.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • I thought the Safari Zone was only going to have 6 areas that you could simply move around to be in whichever position you wanted? That isn't super-customizable, but it just saves you steps.

And while there undoubtedly won't be a tutor just for one Pokemon and three moves, there could be tutors for the individual moves. A Nasty Plot tutor would be awesome since we have SD for physicals.

Pirate Dave

かいぞく デイヴ
    Years
  • And while there undoubtedly won't be a tutor just for one Pokemon and three moves, there could be tutors for the individual moves. A Nasty Plot tutor would be awesome since we have SD for physicals.

Hehe I know, I know. I just want Alakazam to stay usable or get better, cos I have visions of him getting no improvements and all his counters getting even more improvements to the point where I cant use my favourite Pokémon for WiFi battles lol.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Hehe I know, I know. I just want Alakazam to stay usable or get better, cos I have visions of him getting no improvements and all his counters getting even more improvements to the point where I cant use my favourite Pokémon for WiFi battles lol.

Looking back at Platinum, it pretty much set up the standards for Wi-Fi Competitive play in Pokémon. Alakazam is known to be a great Special Sweeper when it comes to a Special Attacker along with its great speed. So, I wouldn't really think of HeartGold and SoulSilver bringing in anything new to the metagame from where things stand now as it may all just follow what Platinum itself has introduced just recently. So I think, Alakazam, possibly with a few new move tutor extras would be the same beneficial Pokémon it was before and even after the new remakes are released. The same would go with every other major Pokémon used within competitive play as they all have their own weaknesses as well as advantages in battle.

Pirate Dave

かいぞく デイヴ
    Years
  • Looking back at Platinum, it pretty much set up the standards for Wi-Fi Competitive play in Pokémon. Alakazam is known to be a great Special Sweeper when it comes to a Special Attacker along with its great speed. So, I wouldn't really think of HeartGold and SoulSilver bringing in anything new to the metagame from where things stand now as it may all just follow what Platinum itself has introduced just recently. So I think, Alakazam, possibly with a few new move tutor extras would be the same beneficial Pokémon it was before and even after the new remakes are released. The same would go with every other major Pokémon used within competitive play as they all have their own weaknesses as well as advantages in battle.

I think to be honest, if I could realistically pick one move for him to learn which he doesnt atm it would be Heat Wave. It seems to not be blasted from the mouth like Flamethrower and Fire Blast, so its conceivable he could cause a Heat Wave with his mind, plus it would really help him with the loss of Fire Punch, a move I think is the most sorely missed since the Physical / Special split.

This probably wont happen tho, they'll probably just give even more things Pursuit to doom him forever lol.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Well, Zam already has a pretty good moveset. And if it couldn't learn Heat Wave in Platinum, it's not that likely that it'll be able to learn Heat Wave in HgSs, even if the tutor does make a return.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016

See the lady on the right, the one who had Butterfree next to her? (Who gives TM12 Sweet Scent.)
    Well I think she had "reappear"(note the lady with Butterfree) in Hg/Ss or at least she's a similar character:

Since TM12 is not Sweet Scent anymore(most likely in Hg/Ss as it's 4th Gen),
    I think she's a Move Tutor of Sweet Scent...(means there's Move Tutor in Hg/Ss, but not officially proven yet..) Or maybe it's just a concidence that they are both woman and have Butterfree...

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016

See the lady on the right, the one who had Butterfree next to her? (Who gives TM12 Sweet Scent.)
    Well I think she had "reappear"(note the lady with Butterfree) in Hg/Ss or at least she's a similar character:

Since TM12 is not Sweet Scent anymore(most likely in Hg/Ss as it's 4th Gen),
    I think she's a Move Tutor of Sweet Scent...(means there's Move Tutor in Hg/Ss, but not officially proven yet..) Or maybe it's just a concidence that they are both woman and have Butterfree...
    Probably, but she might appear in 2 places, cause I don't think she's important enough to change location.

Btw, where is this in the 2nd picture? Is it the new Safari?

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • Probably, but she might appear in 2 places, cause I don't think she's important enough to change location.

Btw, where is this in the 2nd picture? Is it the new Safari?

Yes - the Japanese in the top left of the HGSS screencap says "Safari Zone Gate". =)

Also now I think about it, it might make sense for her to teach Sweet Scent there. I can't remember if you're allowed to take Pokémon in or not, but wouldn't Sweet Scent be handy in the Safari Zone?

Last edited:

Dark Nero

Feel The Darkness
    Years
  • PCP & NZ In G/S

Well, l can't wait untill it comes out, been wanting a remake of G/S for a long time and l hope it lives up to expectations. l have been hearing things about PCP & NZ Jrachi supposedly unlocking things in G/S, and was thinking that GF are now having little ingame easter eggs for fans to get to the events.
    But is it true?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Its kinda true... the jirachis unlock things in the pokewalker... areas....

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • ^Of course you are, otherwise you wouldn't be able to Surf, which has been an important part of getting through the SF quickly since Gen 1 :P

But that does seem plausible. It could just be a coincidence, but as said, it seems suspicious that they're both females with a Butterfree, and Sweet Scent would be a convenient move for the SF.

Back