• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Since my last journal entry here, I've so far defeated Bugsy and his swap-selfish Scyther. >:< He took awhile to beat considering his ability on Scyther and speed kept him going in battle. Though, Pidgeotto at LV. 21 at the time took good care of him later.

Since then, I've done a little training and caught some new Pokémon as well. I captured a Paras in Ilex Forest to use as my HM Cut Slave and it has so far come in handy to capture my two new team members, Aipom and Heracross, who are both currently LV 8 and in training to catch up to Pidgeotto and Croconaw.

I've gotten through Ilex Forest though, and I've recently learned that The Day Care couple is actually Lyra's grandparents? What? O_o; I didn't expect that to be honest. Anyway, just arrived to Goldenrod City where I got all my Pokémon healed up.

....Oh look, Trainer Anthony just called me up. XD; He said something about needing to stay focus, ah well. Now, it's time to continue my training with Heracross and Aipom before going any further, as I'm hoping Heracross will learn a sufficient enough Fighting move to go up against Whitney and her Miltank soon enough.

Years
    Okay guys, lets get up to date, shall we?

Thanks to Lyra, I have 5 Poke Balls, and I named my rival Hunter instead. Suites him, doesn't it?

I'm not really doing much, just caught a Pidgey with a Naughty Nature (Named Aeraptor), so he's my 2nd Team Member.

Now, I'm Training him up to Level 10 on Route 30, as well as Volcanix(Cyndaquil), so that they can learn Gust and Ember.

What shall happen next? We shall see....

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Ok, So in my last update i started my game off and did some trading back and forth with platinum. Sending (To platinum) Sentret, Spinarak and Ledyba, and bringing back, Chikorita and Cyndaquil. I also brought over shinx. Since my battle with Whitney, i have participated in the pokeathalon,(i got 2nd in the speed tourney). I needed to train the very first pokemon i caught (Zubat) so i lallygagged around the national park until, she was at lv 15, then i proceeded North towards Eureteak. Once in Eureateak i defeated, my rival, the rocket member, and morty, and i'm currently walking on route 38 towards olivine.

Current Team:
    Zubat lv 20
    Nidorino lv 37
    Quilava lv 24
    Bayleef lv 22
    Croconaw lv 25
    Volt (Luxio) lv 24

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
    Years
    Well I just caught Ho-Oh. Decided to get tyrogue. Then went to get Dratini and well, again the English version is different from the Japanese version. Because apparently Clair wanted us to meet her back in the gym and I didn't read that part. So I walked around Dragon's Den Aimlessly looking for her, decided to go back to the gym. And now I'm headed to get Dratini.

My Team looks like this:
    Typhlosion: Lv. 58 (Shiny Leaf. :])
    Notched ear Pichu: Lv. 33
    Ho-Oh: Lv 45
    Gyarados: Lv 30
    Sudowoodo: Lv. 20

(Not my E4 team so don't fret.)

XxAzaliaxX

n00b hack trainer
    Years
    Trainer Name: Azalia
    Badges: None

Started at night, March 16, 2018. (forgot what time)

- Started with Totodile, named Tosey.
    - Lv 7 by the time we were back in Cherrygrove town (city?)

Went to sleep, and woke up around noon.

- Defeated Red head boy, named him Arashi.
    - Went on to the next cities.
    - Obtained a Lv 2 Geodude as first pokemon, named it Star
    - Got a Lv 2 Spearow, began training it. named it Freaky
    - Defeated a couple of trainers, and went on to Violet City.
    - Found out about getting an Onix from Rudy.
    - It took me five times to finally catch a Bellsprout.
    - Caught another Bellsprout, named my first one Viney, and the second Vinny.
    - Traded Vinny, and got an Onix.
    - Now exploring Violet city. : D

-Tosey is lv 10, Star is Lv 2, Freaky is lv 7, Viney is lv 3 and Rocky the Onix is lv 3
    - Tosey has a Gentle Nature, Star has a Lonely Nature, Freaky has a Lonely Nature, Viney has a Serious Nature, and Rocky has a Hasty Nature. xD

Last edited:
    Years
    ENTRY #3

So far, I've trained my Pidgey and Volcanix so that they're Level 10 before going to Violet City.

After I beat up some Trainers, 2 gave me their PokeGear #'s.

After that, I healed, and caught a Bellsprout Lv. 6 and a Mareep Lv. 6, both Male on Route 32!

Then, I caught another Bellsprout to trade with a Trainer for an Onix, my HM Slave.

And now, I must train again....Maybe I'll go to sleep...

And now, here's my current team:

Volcanix(Cyndaquil)Lv. 11 - Rash Nature

Aeraptor(Pidgey)Lv. 12 - Naughty Nature

Beacon(Mareep)Lv. 6 - Modest Nature

Verdante(Bellsprout)Lv. 6 - Hasty Nature

HM Slave Onix - Hasty Nature

Glow Worm's Not Glowing

Not-So-Masterful
    Years
    I just defeated Kurt and I'm on my way back to Jasmine with the SuperPotion. Actually, I may stop and battle Eusine first.

Lenny - Quilava - lvl 29 - Male - Relaxed nature
    Rocky - Onix - lvl 22 - Male - Hasty nature
    Brian - Bellsprout - lvl 20 - Male - Lonely nature
    Pam - Krabby- lvl 21 - Female - Naughty nature
    Dhan - Pidgey - lvl 13 - Male - Brave nature
    Astrid - Flaaffy - lvl 25 - Female - Bashful nature

I also placed 2nd in the Speed Race thingy at that Pokedome place. (sorry, I really haven't been paying much attention. XD)

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Let me see. Beaten Morty, which if I may say, his gym puzzle is quite annoying. I though it was like in Dewford in where the light goes brighter not dimmer. Anyways, I'm off my way to Olivine (was it?)

My two Pokemon at the moment is Flaaffy and Quilava. I don't know what Pokemon I should be to beat the E4 of this game. ;;

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    It's the karate master! He gives you tyrogue if you can beat him. :D

I've hit an impass trying to evolve my eevee into umbreon. I've ran so much with soothe bell, I've battled alot, used vitamins, but he still hasn't evolved after 11 levels with about 15 battles per level.
    Also caught a magmar in the brass tower. :p

I bred Eevee with Ditto and got Umbreon & Espeon at level 12 in Jap' version.

Getting the game tomorrow! so I can take part in this thread :P

harmonic ♫

red is a pain in the a'
    Years
    just beat chuck, it was a breeze, my Ampharos sweeped both of his Pokemon.

I'm heading back to GoldenRod so I can get an eevee so it can be an Espeon, since I'm in need of a Psychic Pokemon, lol.

All of my Pokemon have hit their final stages except for my Dragonair, which I sent to my friend to rare candy 'til he hits Level 50 so I can fly :]

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    Journal Entry #1
    Okay, the name's Fang. Don't ask me why my parents decided to name me Fang, just keep in mind that they are archeologists, and it could have been worse. Anyway, I woke up this morning to my mother urgently shaking me and shoving a full pack and an outfit for the day at me and yelling something about Professor Elm was waiting to see me in his lab. After stumbling out of my house I made my way over to the lab and got to choose between three semi rare Pokemon to be my starter. I chose Cyndaquil, the fire type and nicknamed him Tobias. I was lucky, he was Modest and we quickly became friends. I soon was meeting Professor Oak and an eccentric man that they call Mr. Pokemon, and was entrusted with carrying a very valuable Pokemon egg. On my way back home to show Elm the egg, he called me hysteric and told me to come as fast as I could. I was almost back in town when a shady red haired kid attacked me with his little blue alligator Pokemon, that looked strangely familiar. Cyndaquil and I quickly took down the creep and as he pushed past me to escape, his trainer card fell out of his jacket pocket. I dove for it and got a quick glance at his name before he snatched it away. Sole. An odd name, but seeing as I have no room to talk, I went back to the lab. I soon realized that this Sole kid had stolen the Totodile he had attacked me with, and I willingly gave any information to the policeman that was at the lab.

After receiving a Pokedex and a gym challenge, I let my mother know that I was leaving and set out on my own adventure. Eventually I entered Violet City for the first time. I was told by the locals that the place called Sprout Tower was inhabited by monks that trained mainly Bellsprout and ghosts. I had always been into the weird and unknown, so I bought a few extra Pokeballs and headed in. Soon, I was battling hordes of little Rattatas and gaseous clouds that the Pokedex said was Ghastly. Soon, a male Ghastly was part of my team, and most of the monks had been obliterated by my dangerous duo. As I reached the top of the tower, I spotted Sole fighting the most ancient looking monk I had come across yet. Despite the loss of the monk, he berated Sole for the mistreatment of his Pokemon. I grew angry, and tried to confront Sole about his theft and misconduct, but he spotted me and used an escape rope to elude me. Fool. The ancient monk challenged me to see if my relationship with my Pokemon was as it should be. We worked flawlessly as a team. I was really proud of my Pokemon.

We then challenged the gym leader, Falkner. I didn't have any type advantages over the flying type Pokemon, but without the upper hand, I still managed to pull a victory. The next day, after resting up from our gym battle, we headed out of town and entered Union Cave. We searched through it for quite some time, before I thought our training was complete. When we left the cave behind we came upon Azalea Town. There seemed to be a scuffle on the outskirts of town and it seemed to be centered around some kind of well. As I came closer the man dressed in all black seemed to disappear into the well, and the old man that he had been arguing with slipped and tumbled in afterwords. I ran to see if he was alright and ended up climbing in after him. He told me how Team Rocket was capturing the town's Slowpoke and removing their tails for money. Disgusted, I worked my way through the well until I found their leader and challenged him to a battle. I won, and soon, every Rocket member was long gone from Azalea. Kurt, the old man who fell in, thanked me, and offered to make me Pokeballs if I brought him Apricorns. I challenged the local gym leader, Bugsy, and earned myself my second badge and Cyndaquil evolved into Quilava.

As I left Azalea Town, Sole challenged me to a battle to prove his worth, but I didn't let him win. I met a kid in the forest that I traveled through that needed my help capturing his Farfetch'd. After leaving the forest, I entered the bustling Goldenrod City, where I met a young boy who wanted to trade for the Drowsee that I had caught on the way into town. He had a Pokemon I had never seen before, and soon found myself the proud owner of a Trapinch. And we are currently training outside the city in order to challenge Whitney.

Tobias (Male)
    Modest LV20
    Quick Attack | Leer
    Smokescreen | Flame Wheel

Theodore (Male)
    Modest LV20
    Hypnosis | Night Shade
    Thunderbolt | Mean Look

Bellatrix (Female)
    Adamant LV15
    Bite | Earthquake
    Sand-Attack | ---

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
    Aww is it just me or has no one beaten the Elite 4 yet? If none has then I could just go challenge it right now and be the first :D But on more serious terms tell me if you are at the Elite 4 or beat it! I WANNA KNOW!

Update: Elite 4 still

Team:
    Typhlosion Lv.48- Holding Charcoal-Moves: Fire Blast,Flamethrower,Swift,Lava Plume (Think if teaching it some punches)
    Ampharos Lv.43- Holding Amulet Coin-Moves: Signal Beam,Thunder,Discharge and Thunder Wave (Thinking of teaching it some punches also)
    Ariados Lv.46-Moves: Spider Web (For the dogs :D),Shadow Sneak,Pin Missle,Psychic
    Red Gyarados Lv.41-Moves: Waterfall,Ice Fang,Surf,Aqua Tail (Needs another moves other then water)
    Ho-oh Lv.46- Holding Sacred Ash-Moves: Extrasensory,Fly,Fire Blast,Sacred Fire
    Dratini Lv.27- Holding Exp. Share-Moves: ExtremeSpeed,Thunder Wave,Slam,Dragon Rage (Needs leveling)

Im at 4th member of Elite 4 with only losing Ariados :P

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
    Alright, first journal entry!

01 - Stuck on Blue....

Woah 16th gym already? Wow

Well fast update:

Just beat Karen so I am going to try to beat the whole elite 4 so wish me luck.

Battle against Karen:
    Typhlosion>Umbreon
    Gyarados>Houndoom
    Typhlosion>Murkrow
    Typhlosion>Gengar
    Typhlosion>Vileplume

So a Lv.48 Typhlosion almost completely destroyed Karen.

Years
    ENTRY #4

Okay Guys, let's begin where we left off~

I went to the Sprout Tower, where Volcanix easily beat it all, and evolved! Yay!

I also leveled up Beacon before Sprout Tower, so....yeah....

After beating Elder Li, I went to the Violet City Gym. It was a breeze, and Beacon killed everyone in there with 1 ThunderShock each. He also beat Falkner's Pidgeotto easily as well, 2 ThunderShocks, and he didn't even use Roost! And then, Beacon evolved!

I got the Zephyr Badge, and then I went to Route 32 to beat up Trainers and Fisherman, and I got my Old Rod. I'm now currently fishing for a Male Poliwag with the Ability Water Absorb. Wish me luck!

My Team Now:

Volcanix(Quilava)Lv. 16 - Rash Nature

Aeraptor(Pidgey)Lv. 14 - Naughty Nature

Beacon(Flaafy)Lv. 15 - Modest Nature

Verdante(Bellsprout)Lv. 14 - Hasty Nature

HM Slave Onix.

Back