• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
  • Arrived in Azalea town last night, this morning i transferred a pidgey to my pokewalker and attached the pokewalker to my belt, i logged about 4300 steps biking to my friend's house and back, i've just entered the Slowpoke well and am battling the grunts in there.

My team:

Quilava Lv17
    Sunkern Lv16
    Misdreavus Lv16
    Steelix Lv16
    Mystery egg

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
    Years
  • Just got to victory road and I'm about to trudge through it while I'm on vacation for the next 4 days. :] Hopefully I'll be done by Kanto by then! My Feraligatr named Snow is at lv. 53 currently, so we're ready for the E4!!

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • -Defeated Team Rocket at Slowpoke Well
    -Defeated Rival at entrance to Ilex Forest
    -Evolved Sunkern into Sunflora

Currently training Sunflora at Union Cave to Lv17 before i go battle Bugsy

My Team:

Quilava Lv18
    Misdreavus Lv18
    Steelix Lv17
    Sunflora Lv16
    Mystery Egg -Sounds can be heard coming from inside! It will hatch soon!

I will be heading to Azalea Gym once Sunflora reaches Lv17 (not far off now)

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Just won the bug-catching contest again, with a level 13 scyther that was paralyzed but had full health.
    Now I can add sunflora to my pokedex!

Years
  • I went to Blackthorn City and challenged Clair. Well that turned out to be a mistake. Now it is time for some good training! I'm currently exploring Mt. Mortar to see what's in there.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Going back-and-forth between routes 38 and 39 to catch Raikou and Entei. Also grinding to beat Red.

Team:
    Ampharos L:72
    Typhlosion L:71
    Haunter (Sam) L:25
    Noctowl L:21

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Wow, my level 34 quilava managed to 1-hit Pryce's piloswine with 1 flamethrower, and it wasn't even a critical hit!
    EDIT: And I just found and caught a wild steelix in cliff cave!(they have a 2% encounter rate)

Last edited:

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • Continued - https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5631024#post5631024

I went back down to azalea town to drop off some blue apricorns for lure balls. On my way back to Ecruteak, Jerome (Gastly) evolved into Haunter. Got my picture taken with the Day-Care Man. Then I battled Morty and lost, so I decided to do some training in Mt. Mortar. Picked up some Items and battled some trainers, came out the other side (cue epic route music) and went into the grass. Vesuvius (Quilava) was rolling around in the grass, then Raikou showed up (for the 4th time). His health was down to yellow from previous battles, I used ember on him to knock him down to red. Luckily it also burned him so that increases my chances when try to catch him with a fast ball. Unfortunately I realized that I forgot to put a synchronizer in my party for the first time I encountered him so he could be any nature :( After that I talked to Jerome and he found something on top of the mountain. I'm curious as to what it is; does it have something to do with the Dojo Master Kiyo?

After that I went back and defeated Morty. I had a Kasib berry on Jerome so that weakened a powerful shadow ball from Morty's Gengar. While walking through the gym my pokemon were having trouble seeing me. Now that I can use surf I have to wait for those Lure balls so I can catch a Lanturn and Lapras. Onword to Olivine City!

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • -Defeated Bugsy
    -Solved the annoying Farfetch'd puzzle in Ilex Forest and earned the cut HM
    -Caught a Ratatta to learn Cut
    -Walked through the forest and ran into the Kimono Girl
    -My Sunflora showed her the exit
    -I made my way into Goldenrod City and healed at the pokemon centre
    -I headed to the gym but it was closed so i went to the Radio Tower
    -Completed the Quiz and obtained the radio card
    -Returned to the gym and defeated the trainers
    -Healed my pokemon at the pokemon centre before facing Whitney
    -Defeated Whitney after using Steelix's Iron tail on Miltank
    -Whitney cried as usual so i talked to the trainer i defeated, went back and talked to Whitney who finally gave me my badge.

Going to head towards Ecruteak City next

My Team:

Quilava Lv21
    Sunflora Lv20
    Misdreavus Lv20
    Steelix Lv20

Glow Worm's Not Glowing

Not-So-Masterful
    Years
  • Just started HG so here goes.

Picked the boy instead of the girl and named him Paul.

Went to Elm and recieved Totodile, named him Harri.

Made my way to Mr Pokemon and met Oak, then went back to battle my rival with my lvl 8 Harri. Beat him and named him Mick.

After dealing with Elm and all that stuff, I continued on and caught a Pidgey, which I named Dhanzor.

Made it to Violet City and defeated all of the Sages and the Elder with Dhanzor.

Now, I'm going to defeat Falkners men and then challenge Falkner.

Totodile; Harri. Naughty Nature. Lvl 12
    Pidgey; Dhanzor. Naughty Nature. Lvl 13

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
  • So I've been doing intense training today. I ran into Raikou, but as expected, it got away.

I took first place in the Speed Course in the Pokeathlon today~ So that's four courses in top place! :"D

Inferno is level 30 now, and I'm working on leveling Kureno up now. He's level 27. Rena is third with level 25, and Kireme and Hiyoko both level 24. So I've got a lot of training.

I also found a Murkrow in my Pokewalker, and today I've caught Growlithe, Stantler, a level 15 Pidgeotto (under Ecruteak in Route 37 :"D ), Ditto, Nidoran female, and various things from the Pokewalker too.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • so since my last update, i've been busy doing a lot of things. :D
    - i got 1st place in every pokeathlon course and then used vulpix to win every course.
    - picked a few apricorns, went to mahogany, got the red gyrados, beat Rocket Headquarters, and I'm currently in the 7th gym.

my team as of now:
    1. shiny vulpix - 33
    2. shiny growlithe named scruffy - 32
    3. horsea - 29 (exp. share)
    4. meganium named megan - 34
    5. shiny gabite - 32
    6. eevee (soothe bell), will evolve into espeon, just decided i wanted him on my team last night - lvl 2

also got the SEPichu last night <3 she's in my pokewalker now! i love that thing. :)

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Continued

- Beat Falkner with a level 17 Chikorita and Mareep
    - Arrived in Azalea with a level 22 Chikorita and a level 20 Mareep
    - Destroyed Team Rocket with Mareep
    - Destroyed Bugsy with Mareep
    - Caught an Oddish for HM01 Cut
    - Arrived in Goldenrod with level 23 Mareep and a level 24 Chikorita
    - Defeated all trainers, except Gym Trainers
    - Visited the Radio Tower to acquire a Blue Card and a Radio Card
    - Caught a Vulpix and bred it with Mareep for a Timid Vulpix [Female]
    - Caught a Modest French Ditto with level 26 Chikorita and level 27 Mareep
    - Currently grinding Chikorita and Vulpix to level 27 before taking on Whitney

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
    Years
  • Just beat Red. Holy mother of pearl look at this. 1HP left. Then he leveled up so I had 4. Gosh. n_n;
    Spoiler:

But the bad news is I lost my Pokewalker at school. So now I have to take out my Soul Silver one. >_<;

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    The pokewalker news sucks... but Good Job!!

In my news, Just caught the Red Gyarados with a Dive Ball, plan to keep that thing in the back of my PC till I want to EV it. Naughty Nature as well

Last edited:

Glow Worm's Not Glowing

Not-So-Masterful
    Years
  • Defeated Falkner with Harri, raising him a few levels.

On my way to Azalea town, I traded a lvl 6 Bellsprout for a lvl 6 Onix named Rocky. I also caught a lvl 6 Bellsprout that I named Onoyoko.

I got the egg from Elms dude, and left to train my weaker Pokemon.

Used Onoyoko to get through the cave, and caught a Sandshrew named Starr, lvl 6.

Made it to Azalea town, met Kurt, and I'm now on my way to Slowpoke Well.

Totodile; Harri. Naughty Nature. Lvl 15
    Bellsprout; Onoyoko. Jolly Nature. Lvl 13
    Pidgey; Dhanzor. Naughty Nature. Lvl 13
    Onix; Rocky. Hasty Nature. Lvl 6
    Sandshrew; Starr. Naive Nature. Lvl 6
    Egg

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
  • AAAAARRRGHHH

I've been waiting behind this one guy in olivine city, waiting for the battle frontier to open. We've been in line for like 3 days now! WHY WONT IT OPEEEEN??? I've left my game on all three days too. Just waiting in line....Ehh. It'll open eventually..... T.T

Last edited:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • AAAAARRRGHHH

I've been waiting behind this one guy in olivine city, waiting for the battle frontier to open. We've been in line for like 3 days now! WHY WONT IT OPEEEEN??? I've left my game on all three days too. Just waiting in line....Ehh. It'll open eventually..... T.T
    Lol, it opens if you beat the elite four. XD

I defeated the Rockets in the Goldenrod Tower. I didn't expect it at all, but they disbanded immediately. wtf. The REAL Rockets were more stubborn than that.

Anyways, since I never played this game before I don't know what to do, so I'll try my luck in getting to Blackthorn City. You know, I got there without any trainers challenging me. Anyways, I thought the city was inside the mountain and I realized that it wasn't, but inside the cave was an Ice Path. The puzzles were easy, but I'm glad, unlike in the Emerald shoal cave, that no Pokemon appears every time you go into a hard ground. I also got all the Pokebalsl lying around there.

Anyways, look! Blackthorn City. Finally, the Move Deleter. And, try to challenge the Gymleader. Beaten all the Gym Trainer, and now off to battle Claire.

Years
  • Okay guys, a lot has happened since my previous entry.

ENTRY #7 (I think)

Alrighty, I beat Whitney easily (Dragyn's Dragon Rage killed Miltank in 2 hits)

I then hatched the egg Elm gave me, and got a Togepi that new Extrasensory!

After that, I went to the Route above Goldenrod, beat up the Trainers there, and got my Stones from the Pokeathlon. 5000 Athlete points, YES! I messed with my DSi clock, just so you know. I leveled up Hydro, and immediatly got a Poliwrath and a Victreebel!

I went and beat up Trainers in National Park, and then I went east and beat up some more, and caught a Male Sudowoodo, nicknamed Pseudo. He shall never see the light of day again.

Then, went to Elm in New Bark and got a Everstone I'll never use, and then I went to Ecruteak.

I went to the Burned Tower, beat up Rival Hunter, and beat up the Firebreathers.

I saw the Beasts, and then I used the Dowsing Machine I got earlier to find some stuff. Then, I went to Mt. Mortar just to get Strength. I never entered it, however. That comes later.

Then, I went to Ecruteak again, and used Aeraptor to kill everyone there. I also beat Morty's Gengar with my Sand-Attack/Gust Strategy to kill it.

After that, went west, beat up Trainers, and took my picture with my Pokemon.

Talked to Baoba, and went to Olivine to see *gasp* Hunter again! He said the lighthouse Pokemon should be given up since it can't battle. WAJ! (What A Jerk)

Went to the Lighthouse, beat up Trainers, and evolved Dragyn into Dragonair. My Grinding paid off. Also, Beacon evolved~

Now, I went west again, then south to Cianwood. Now I'm training Aeraptor for Chuck. Wish me luck!

ZACKARY'S TEAM:

Quilava - Volcanix - Rash - Level 25

Pidgeotto - Aeraptor - Naughty - Level 26

Victreebel - Helio - Hasty - Level 30

Poliwrath - Hydro - Bashful - Level 26

Ampharos - Beacon - Modest - Level 30

Dragyn - Dragonair - Docile - Level 30

Back