• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Years
  • Just got a copy of SoulSilver with some gift vouchers that were given to me by school (£60) and have started that. Got Totodile, so now I have all of the starters. Went to Mr.Pokemon's house and got my Pokedex. Went to Prof.Elm and I'm now in Cherrygrove City.
    Team
    Totodile-lvl 8

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • I've been mostly playing Pokemon Emerald for the last week or so and have now picked up where I left off on Soul Silver (the cartridge not the flash card), I migrated some pokemon from Emerald and am currently training Manectric and Tropius to about Lv40 where they will be able to battle the elite 4 themselves, I've also obtained the Enigma stone which I will use once I get to Pewter City

Team:

Feraligatr Lv51
    Ninetales Lv46
    Tropius Lv34
    Jynx Lv46
    Manectric Lv33
    Mightyena Lv46

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, I've done absolutely tons of grinding, so when I went to the Goldenrod Radio Tower, all of my team were lv.50 except Dragonair.

However, I did a Lance impression, and wiped them all out with Dragonair.

I've now defeated Lance, and my team is complete, apart from Latios, who'll be joining me at Pewter City, thanks to my Enigma Crystal.

Here's an in-depth view of my current team:

- Lv.55 -
    - Naive -
    - Outrage | Stone Edge | Earthquake | Crunch -

- Lv.55 -
    - Naughty -
    - Dragon Rush | Dragon Dance | Draco Meteor | Wing Attack -

- lv.53 -
    - Hardy -
    - Draco Meteor | Dragon Claw | Crunch | Zen Headbutt -

- lv.54 -
    - Modest -
    - Dragon Pulse | Air Slash | Dragon Rage | Flamethrower

- lv.60 -
    - Modest -
    - Surf | Ice Beam | Calm Mind | Substitute -

Coming Soon.....
    Code:
    [CENTER]
    [IMG]https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/5b/Spr_4d_381.png[/IMG]
    - Timid -
    - Soul Dew -
    - Psychic | Dragon Pulse | Thunderbolt | Roost/Calm Mind -

[/CENTER]

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • Not much progress tonight, I lost against the Elite 4 but that was because I was training Manectric and Tropius with the Exp Share, they are both gaining levels though and will match the rest of my team when i start playing again in the morning.

Team:

Feraligatr Lv52
    Ninetales Lv47
    Tropius Lv38
    Manectric Lv35
    Jynx Lv46
    Mightyena Lv47

Edit: Made alot of progress since I made this post, I've defeated all but Blaine and Blue in Kanto and also finished training Tropius to match the rest of my team, I replaced Manectric with Ampharos, I'm going to the move deleter and then I think I'll have another go at defeating the Elite 4 before they increase their levels (I might even grind the full team to about lv60 before the next gyms

Team:

Feraligatr Lv55
    Ninetales Lv52
    Tropius Lv53
    Ampharos Lv53
    Jynx Lv53
    Mightyena Lv52

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I have just defeated Red!

I felt the need to post my awesome team. Ironically, last time I played through, I struggled with Lapras, and Snorlax was an easy OHKO for Hitmontop.

However, this time, in order to defeat Pikachu and Lapras, I utilised ScarfTyranitar, outspeeding and KOing them with the appropriate super-effective move. He eventually out-stalled Snorlax too, due to Bliizzard missing because of Sandstorm. I also gave 3 out of the 5 Leftovers to cancel out Sandstorm damage, although Charizard was never actually used, and Tyranitar was immune.

The Team
    Code:
    [IMG]https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/8a/Spr_4h_248.png[/IMG]
    - Tyranitar
    - Lv.67
    - Naive
    - Choice Scarf

- Rock Climb / Stone Edge / Earthquake / Crunch

[IMG]https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/0c/Spr_4h_006_s.png[/IMG]
    - Charizard
    - Lv.65
    - Modest
    - Flame Plate

- Heat Wave / Dragon Rage / Dragon Pulse / Air Slash

[IMG]https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/ec/Spr_4h_245.png[/IMG]
    - Suicune
    - Lv.67
    - Modest
    - Leftovers

- Calm Mind / Surf / Ice Beam / Substitute

[IMG]https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a6/Spr_4d_373.png[/IMG]
    - Salamence
    - Lv.65
    - Hardy
    - Leftovers

- Zen Headbutt / Dragon Claw / Crunch / Draco Meteor

[IMG]https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a1/Spr_4h_149.png[/IMG]
    - Glaedr 
    - Lv.66
    - Naughty
    - Leftovers

- Outrage / Fly / Dragon Dance / Draco Meteor

*-* Dragonite is nicknamed Glaedr after the Oromis' dragon, Glaedr, from "Eldest" and "Brisingr" due to his size, colouring, and awesomeness *-*

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • Defeated the Elite 4 again, I didn't bother training my team to level 60 as planned as It would have taken too much time, I'm working my way from Pallet town and around the map until I end up in Fuschia City (so that I can battle all of the trainers and make sure I haven't missed any), I'm also going to check all of the routes in between the towns (e.g. Saffron City) to check for trainers, once I've defeated all of the trainers I'm going to head to Cinnibar Island and Seafoam Island.

Team:

Feraligatr Lv56
    Tropius Lv54
    Ninetales Lv54
    Jynx Lv54
    Ampharos Lv55
    Mightyena Lv54

Years
  • I beat Red (very easy)

Tyrant 87 K.O'd Pikachu with Earthquake. Now he is being replaced with Flygon.
    Lilea 87 K.O'd Blastiose with Leaf Blade but got K.O'd by Lapras' blizard.
    HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel JournalKing 88 K.O'd Charizard with Aqua Tail and Lapras with Crunch. His Leadership now belongs to Honch.
    Natsuna 87 K.O'd Venasuar with Flare Biltz. His fighting belt is being passed on to Runnerback.
    HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel JournalTogeprii 88 took 5 Aura Spheres to kill Snorlax (due to Rest) and is bing replaced by Hikari.​

With my new team I am now on my 2nd day of pursuing:

Everyone will be back when i anounce their lvl 100 accomplishment​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024

Just been EVing my kick-ass Scyther into a Scizor:

Code:
    [CENTER]
    [IMG]https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/48/Spr_4h_212_m_s.png[/IMG]
    Scizor
    31/31/31/31/31/31
    252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 Hp
    Bullet Punch / Swords Dance / Quick Attack / Brick Break

[/CENTER]

Years
  • Well I finally got myself to go get Lugia in my HeartGold, he's pretty awesome.

I am going to train some more, then go for Red.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • I defeated Blue today, I also traded a Garchomp from Platinum and bred it with a Ditto, I hatched the egg and trained the Gible up to Lv54 (evolving it into Gabite and Garchomp), I replaced Mightyena with Garchomp and am now teaching my team some better moves for the Elite 4 rematch

Team (I'm posting the movesets this time);

Feraligatr Lv57

Surf - Ice Fang - Hydro Cannon - Waterfall

Tropius Lv57

Air Slash - Magical Leaf - Fly - Energy Ball

Ninetales Lv56

Flamethrower - Fire Blast - Overheat - Dark Pulse

Ampharos Lv56

Discharge - Thunderbolt - Thunder - Brick Break

Jynx Lv56

Ice Punch - Ice Beam - Psychic - Shadow Ball

Garchomp Lv54

Earthquake - Dragon Claw - Dragon Pulse - Stone Edge

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I'm up to 5 badges, and all 6 members of my team are present, though I won't train the last til I reach blackthorn(to simulate catching it wild.)

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • I'm nearly finished with HeartGold's storyline, I just have to beat Red. (I haven't posted about it in a while, :pink_laugh:)

I'm also playing SoulSilver at the same time, and I'm currently trying to get a Adamant Snubbull. Since the chance of it appearing is only 1%, it takes forever. Especially since I have a Synchronizing Abra at the front of my party, which is level 1. It can't run away from anything, nor is it fast enough to teleport before getting ko'd, so it takes twice as long since I have to switch out into my Crobat. -_-'

Ruin Maniac

Booshka
    Years
  • Still maxing out my Eevee's happiness, it's now level 13.My time's all messed up though, so it's like 10 hours behind, so I could get an Umbreon here.

On my second day of looking for an Aipom, I think i've headbutted every tree in the whole Johto region!!!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I've been evolving more pokemon...clock reset to battle Bugsy more easily, did tons of Daisy's massages, and also went to see the Clefairy to get a Moon Stone.

Just this morning, in about an hour, I got Venusaur, Nidoking and Crobat :D

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • Made some adjustments in my team. Replaced Croconaw with Milotic, Ampharos was replaced by Froslass and Crobat with Garchomp (I still use it for flying though), aaand Sneasel was replaced with Ambipom. All EVd. I'm happy with them, although I'm still working on some of their moves at the Battle Frontier. Need more points for Ambipoms Ice Punch..

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • Finally defeated the improved Elite 4, I replaced my whole team with pokemon from other regions, training my new team took a lot of grinding at Victory Road and the Elite 4 (rebattling when I lose to them).

Team:

Blastoise Lv67 (obtained from the GTS at Lv43)
    Charizard Lv65 (obtained from the GTS as a Charmander at Lv1)
    Shiftry Lv64 (Migrated from Emerald)
    Rhyperior Lv64 (obtained from the GTS at Lv62)
    Gallade Lv66 (obtained from the GTS at Lv23)
    Manectric Lv64 (migrated from Emerald)

Note: to obtain some of the pokemon above I used Action replay to clone my Legendary pokemon (Raikou, Entei, Suicune and Latias) and then traded the clones to the idiot's that wanted Legendaries.

Now that I've defeated the Elite 4 i'm going to make my way to the top of Mt.Silver and battle Red.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • Yesterday, I caught Latias, went farming for Heart Scales (Luvdisc was swarming), and now I'm on the S.S. Aqua.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • Finally got Snubbull, and the Synchronizer worked. :3 I'm now hunting both Raikou and Entei for good natures + IV's. And since Synchronize doesn't work on roamers...argh, this might take a while.

Back