• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heath Ledger dies at 28

Years
  • Both Mr. Ledger and Mr. Gyllenhaal make this anguished love story physically palpable. Mr. Ledger magically and mysteriously disappears beneath the skin of his lean, sinewy character. It is a screen performance, as good as the best of Marlon Brando and Sean Penn.
    ~Stephen Holden, New York Times

2 hours ago, the Australian actor Heath Ledger was found dead in his apartment in New York.

At 3:31 p.m., a masseuse arrived at Apartment 5A of 421 Broome Street in SoHo for an appointment with Ledger, the police said. The masseuse was let in to the home by a housekeeper, who then knocked on the door of Ledger's bedroom. When no one answered, the housekeeper and the masseuse opened the bedroom and found Ledger unresponsive. They shook him, but he did not respond. They immediately called the authorities. The police said they did not suspect foul play and said they found pills near his body.
    This is very sad news. I'm gonna have a hard time watching The Dark Knight because of this. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

He also died during the filming of The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

Last edited:

Paranoid Android

Scatterbrain
    Years
  • So sad news man, i have been really waiting the dark knight for a long time and this shocked me so much, it make me so sad when i found out reading the news :( he will be a great joker. I hope.

Rest In Peace :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Man, I still can't believe it... If it had been someone like Britney Spears then I could probably say (unfortunately) that I saw it coming, but Heath Ledger? You never really heard anything bad about that guy. It's such a shame that this happened, because he was still so young and talented.

My brother and I were also looking forward to seeing The Dark Knight because, judging by the trailers, we thought he'd make an awesome Joker. But now it'll be hard for me to fully enjoy the movie, knowing what happened to him. ._.;

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Its a shame, real shame. I hope more info about what happened somes out so we know what happened. He didn't seem to have any history of abuse so its odd.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2014
    He was taking stuff to help him sleep better at night because he's the kind of actor that REALLY gets into his roles. Since he was playing the new batman's Joker, he had to get his mind pretty messed up which caused him to have issues sleeping (which he stated in an interview). I heard from somewhere that he overdosed on the drugs to help him out, but it's sad either way =\

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    That really IS a shame. Because he didn't have any problems or ANYTHING. He was successful (an A-List actor, as they said), he had a nice fanbase going, and it seems like the whole thing was just an accident on his part.

And what's even worse, is I found out about 20 minutes before going to work, and I work at Blockbuster. So that's been the hot topic all night. It's really a tragedy.

I don't think it'll ruin the Dark Knight movie for me or make it awkward (by Summer, the whole thing'll have sank in), and this isn't going to sound right, (I'm sure many people here are thinking this) but it's definitely weird (right now anyway), thinking that his last movie role on Earth is that of the crazed Joker. At least it looks to be a great final role.

It's just a shame when things like this happen. And it's moreso here because it seems to have been entirely unintentional.

Years
  • I was shocked when I heard this because I have watched some of his work and he was the one who inspired me into acting and the performing arts, so now when I finally become an actor I will have to remember I have some great shoes to fill and someone hard to follow due to the intesity of his acting and great work he has done.

PS. All condolences to his mum Sally, dad Kim and his sisters Kate, Olivia and Ashleigh, also to his daughter Matilda Rose.

PPS. You will be sorely missed by the general public of movie goers and your fellow hollywood actors.

Last edited:

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I found this news reallllly sad, even though I'm not his biggest fan. It just seemed really shocking as I wouldn't expect him to die at such an early age. I will miss him and so will everyone who admires him.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
  • I didn't see any of his movies, but it still sucks.

I bet everybody will be mad when they find out Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church are picketing his funeral. You know, the "God Hates Fags" crowd.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Its really sad, He was so insperational by the way that he led his life and they way he didnt let fame change him as a person. Although I haven't seen many of his films he seems like a brilliant actor, he was actually dubbed as the next best thing.

My condolences are with his family, friends and colleges for their loss. But a particular mention to his two year old daughter Matilda who has lost her devoted father.

Kuro

Cloaked by the Masses
    Years
  • This really depressed me. I admired him as a person, because he didn't flaunt his celebrity status. It's just such a waste of talent, it really gets to me. And to find out that it could be due to faulty drugs really aggravated me. My condolences to his friends and family. He was so young. I'm glad to hear that it was not due to foul play, though.

That said, The Dark Knight had better be amazing, as it's Ledger's last film. Nothing else would be fitting.

The worst thing about it is that he wasn't well known because he kept himself to himself.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    This really depressed me. I admired him as a person, because he didn't flaunt his celebrity status. It's just such a waste of talent, it really gets to me. And to find out that it could be due to faulty drugs really aggravated me. My condolences to his friends and family. He was so young. I'm glad to hear that it was not due to foul play, though.

That said, The Dark Knight had better be amazing, as it's Ledger's last film. Nothing else would be fitting.

The worst thing about it is that he wasn't well known because he kept himself to himself.

Isn't the last film that Heath completed was the new Batman film where he played the role of the Joker?

EDIT: Sorry had a blonde moment ^^;;

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I couldn't believe it when Suki told me he was dead. I went straight downstairs and put on the news channel.

He is in some of my favourite movies. He was a good actor. Atleast we can all see him play the Joker in the new Batman film. That film will be more about him dieing than about it being the new Batman film.

flarizardmew

Iruka fangirl, watch out! ^.^
    Years
  • Just like what happened to that one woman in that movie Waitress. Heath Ledger, I didn't really watch many of his movies, but now I plan to, with people's reactions.

Rest in Peace dude. Everyone still likes you.

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    Seriously, this just doesn't feel right. Almost like when Steve Irwin died. It feels wrong, it feels ----

----
    ----

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back