• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hello everyone!

Years
    Hi everyone! I'm Rob, I'm a musician from Canada. I've been playing music in school for almost 5 years, and I plan on making it my career. To find my music, check out my linktree: linktr.ee/robworks1

I wanted to join this community because I've been on the fence for a little while. I love playing DS pokemon games (I'm addicted). I started playing Diamond, then Black 2, them Platinum, then HG. Once I ran out of those vanilla games, I tried doing other games, like Renegade Platinum, and SS nuzlocke. I'm currently trying to play through Pokemon Black (I kept getting demotivated, but I'm determined). I also had an idea to make a DS ROM hack, which I'll post in recruitment soon.

And that's basically it. If you have any questions, or want to help with my ROM hack, let me know.

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
    Hello Rob! =)
    Welcome to pokécommunity!

It's nice to see so many different artists here!
    What exactly is demotivating you to play Pokémon Black? Is it because you've played Black 2 first? =O

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Welcome Rob! What instruments do you play if you don't mind me asking? The DS games are certainly some of the best in the series in my opinion. I'm really hoping we get some kind of remake this year for a DS title. Enjoy your stay, and good luck with your hack!

The Fairy Pokémon

Loves glitter
    Years
    Hello and welcome, Rob!

The DS games are so fun to play! I'm currently playing Crystal but my progress is slow-going. Which one is your favorite?

Years
    Welcome to the Pokecommunity Rob!

Same question as tokyodrift, I'm interested to know what instruments you play. Musicians who've gone through professional training are awesome, and can surely play better than my self-taught ass lol. I play guitar and bass myself.

We also love to see new romhackers join the scene, especially DS romhackers! Cannot wait for that to really get going in the future and see custom maps with new storylines altogether <3 Gen 3 with DS tiles just isn't the same as a full on Gen 4 hack. Best of luck to you, and if you have any questions as well, feel free to reach out to me or other moderators you meet around the site, and we'd be glad to help out :D

Enjoy your stay, and take care!

Years
    Wow, that's a lot more than I was expecting! I'll try and answer all those questions.

I'm not sure, but it probably is that I played Black 2 first, I think it resonated with me a bit better.

I play lots of instruments, but I mostly focus on woodwinds. I currently have and play consistently the soprano and bari sax (Bari is my profile pic), Bb and bass clarinets, and flute. I also know how to and have played lots of other instruments, like the piano (which I'm not really good at), drums, and some percussion instruments. I also write a lot of music (my first album is completely mine, and my second album I'm working on is completely mine as well).

I can't say I have a favourite. I've only completed DS games (Diamond, Platinum, Renegade Platinum, HG/SS, and Black 2). I did start off by playing pokemon red on an emulator, but I lost my save somewhere and didn't feel like trying it again. I really decided I wanted to try Diamond because of insaneintherainmusic on youtube. He's a musician that does jazz covers of video game music, and just came out of his 8th year, the year of Sinnoh. He spent that entire year (and a little more) doing covers of Sinnoh music, and I wanted to know how that music fit into the game.

I am also trying to do a run of Emerald because I wanted to go back a little bit.

Last edited:

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
    I play lots of instruments, but I mostly focus on woodwinds. I currently have and play consistently the soprano and bari sax (Bari is my profile pic), Bb and bass clarinets, and flute. I also know how to and have played lots of other instruments, like the piano (which I'm not really good at), drums, and some percussion instruments. I also write a lot of music (my first album is completely mine, and my second album I'm working on is completely mine as well).

Uh...a huge curiosity of mine!

How does one start playing multiple instruments?
    Is it because they all have things in common? Do you like, choose one and then get to play all the other ones easily? =O

Years
    Well, I started on the saxophone; Alto, then Tenor, then Bari, and Soprano. All saxes have the same fingerings, so it was easy to instantly transfer my knowledge from one to another. Then I picked up the flute, which was mostly the same, except for a few notes. The next year, my friend and I taught each other our instruments, and I learned clarinet. The upper octave on clarinet was the same as all octaves (generally) on sax, so that was pretty easy.

For other instruments, like piano and drums, I had to learn with my friends and teachers, and they didn't have much in common.

Hope this helps!

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
    I see! This is so interesting!
    Thank you for answering me with such a detail! =)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey there Rob! Welcome to the community!

Have you ever tried making your own Pokémon music?

Years
    Kinda, actually. I'm in the process of writing some music for another Pokémon fan game, Pokémon legends. Admittedly, I haven't done much because of how new it is, but I'm working with it!

Back