• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello Forums :D

Knocksteady

kinerd
    Years
    Hello PokeCommunity forums. I'm Knocksteady and I'm new here as you can see. :P Well I love Pokemon, and my favorite thing to do is battle. I've been battling competitively for almost a year (started when BW came out stateside) and my favorite Pokemon to use (ingame and competitive wise) is the one and only:

wait for it.

HERACROSS.

That thing is a boss. :D

Also, I'm looking for people to help me with a hack that i wanna make. I'm dreadfully new to hacking and don't know what to do. T-T so any help would be nice. The basic premise is, well have any of you played the Shin Megami Tensei games? Basically, long ago in the world demons ran amok, until the Pokemon came and wiped them out. So the protagonist is in a brand new region called (insert region name here) and he basically has to defeat all the demons who came back from hell. The story needs some fine-tuning here and there but with a few tweaks we can get there.

So yeah. That's all I guess. Oh and if you'd like to battle me message me. :D

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
    Hey there Knocksteady, welcome to PokeCommunity. My favorite non-shiny just happens to be Charizard so in theory I could own your Heracross :P
    Just kidding, I'm horrible at competive battling.

I see you really like competitive battling, luckily for you, there is a whole section dedicated to battling called the Battle Center. Make sure you also check the sub-forums if you have more specific needs.

If you need help or guidance with ROM Hacking, check out the Emulation section here. There are plenty of threads and peopl that can help you out with your questions and conundrums.

Knocksteady

kinerd
    Years
    Thank you I'll be sure to check those out. :) also I'd like to know what the Vault Hunter challenge is. I saw it in your sig and I've recently been playing Borderlands 2 so yeah. :P

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Hey, Knocksteady. :]

If you're into ROM Hacking, go ahead and saunter over to the Emulation forum! There are hundreds upon hundreds of active members there that I'm sure will help you get started with your hack. There's a Tutorials subforum that you can also use to read up on some very resourceful guides/tutorials that should be of welcome aid to you. If you lack tools for hack, check out the Toolbox section to gather some nice toys that will help you get a kickstart! I do hope it works out, as Shin Megami Tensai + Pokemon sounds wicked~! :D

Welcome to PC, once again - enjoy your stay, alright?

Knocksteady

kinerd
    Years
    Okay I'll head over there. :) what are the best tools for scripting and stuff though? :P and yeah I thought about the idea as I was playing Strange Journey. I have the basic plotline down, and I'm gonna make it pretty dark like an SMT game and less lighthearted like Pokemon. And Twilight, I'd love to battle you. :) I'm pretty rusty too so don't worry. What tier? :)

Years
    Hi Knocksteady, and it's never too late to join PC.

Love the username btw, it has a nice ring to it. And we're always happy to welcome new members into the community, and your detailed introduction got a thumbs-up from me so good job. At PC we all love Pokemon (duh) so you may find someone lurking here who shares your interests. And another Charizard fan I see? He's been popular ever since the beginning due to that badass design and the fact he's based on a dragon and everything. He's cool, but I like the Oshawott line better.

Tabor has basically showed the best places for you to post in, Emulation has everything you need to know when it comes to that complicated trick that is ROM hacking. There's a script-help thread, map ratings and reviews, tutorials, tools, resources, and you'll make some new friends with fellow hackers there. Sadly I can't hack, but it's still a popular place nontheless.

The Battle Center is also here for your competitive battling needs. You can take part in discussions relating to the tiers, ask for a quick battle, get your teams rated and even interact with fellow PC users on our Pokemon Showdown server which you'll find a convenient link to there. I go by Hikari10 or OshyHikari on the server if you're looking for me there.

See you around, and remember to ask Cid or Cirno if you need help getting around.

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
    Thank you I'll be sure to check those out. :) also I'd like to know what the Vault Hunter challenge is. I saw it in your sig and I've recently been playing Borderlands 2 so yeah. :P

The challenge can be found here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7418640
    I myself only have the first one. I'm waiting for the GOTY edition to come out before I pick up the second one. Have you played the first one before?

Knocksteady

kinerd
    Years
    Knocksteady is the name of only the greatest music collective ever. :P And nope, I'm saving for it. I have no job since I'm still in school. T-T I've seen gameplay of it though and it's not much different from the second one, minus the skills and guns and stuff.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Hi Knocksteady! Welcome to PC! You may talk about Gaming in Video Games section too. If you like entertainment, General Entertainment section might help too. Have a nice day and see you around!

Knocksteady

kinerd
    Years
    Thank you Wind Heart. I'll be sure to check the video games section, and I've been through the Entertainment forum already. Just Claimed a bunch of stuff lol. :P

Back