• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello from Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hi everyone

I joined maybe two weeks ago but this is my first post. Let me introduce myself:

I've been playing pokemon since 1st gen and my favorite thing has always been battling. Right now I don't have any consoles or games (had to sell them...), but I probably get back to playing when Sun and Moon come out. In the meantime I've been fiddling with fan games which is partly why I wanted to join PC as I grew interested about the Game development section.

It's fun to play fan games, but as I get into making music over 2 years ago I grew interested to make music for games too and making music for pokemon fan game would be really interesting. Sometimes I've also thought to make a game of my own - as I do know basics of programming; maybe not a pokemon game, but something that would replicate everything that's awesome in the pokemon battle system.

I don't know if I will be posting here regularly, but I like to hang out on this site every now and then so see you around ^^

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Welcome to our community! I hope you do stay active, PokéCommunity is a lot of fun when you get into it. I hope to see you around here! also
    It's fun to play fan games, but as I get into making music over 2 years ago I grew interested to make music for games too and making music for pokemon fan game would be really interesting.
    I may have to take you up on that offer, as I just started a game.

Years
  • Thanks for the warm welcome for you both.

Rainbow said:
    I may have to take you up on that offer, as I just started a game.
    Sure, I help if I can. I took a look at your game and it looks great so far.

For now I use mostly free tools for making music and I'm not very good with professional quality mixing and mastering so I can't make music with the sound quality of X/Y or ORAS. However, I think the music made with soundfonts I have fit well for the 2D games.

I made last year few pokemon inspired tracks and they sound like pokemon music more than anything else I've made, so if you're interested I could upload them somewhere and you could listen to them and decide whether you think my musical style fits your game or not and if you want I can make more music for your game if/when you need it.

Archy said:
    Ohh you like battling, you ever did competitive battling? It's really fun! and if you don't really have interest in the games, there are battle simulators like Showdown. Oh I'm hyped for the new games as well, they look amazing, and I hope I don't end up disappointed with them!
    Well, I'm aware of both the official pokemon world championship and also the smogon way of doing things, but I never really got into either of them. I liked to battle online against random opponents like in PBR random wifi battles and 6th gen battle spot. I'm somewhere in between casual and competitive: I use breeding to get good ivs and do the ev training also (since 4th gen), but instead of using competitively most optimal pokemon I use my favorites usually and instead of picking particular tier I just battle who ever I run into in internet whether they have lc or uber team (although in PBR I once run into an uber team with my baby pokemon team and it was pretty painful lol).

I might try Showdown at some point...

Years
  • but instead of using competitively most optimal pokemon I use my favorites usually and instead of picking particular tier I just battle who ever I run into in internet whether they have lc or uber team.

Sounds like the type of battler I'd be. I don't battle extensively or often at all but it's always fun putting together a team of your favorites and going up against someone who didn't build an OU team from the ground up, heh.

Welcome, Resident!

Hope we'll see some of your projects here in the near future. It's always a great choice to start off on PC since we've such a big game-making community with a lot of useful resources. Enjoy your time, stick around. <3

Years
  • Welcome, Resident!

Hope we'll see some of your projects here in the near future. It's always a great choice to start off on PC since we've such a big game-making community with a lot of useful resources. Enjoy your time, stick around. <3
    Thanks Sheep.

I would like to be rather called "Ecruteak" or just "RE" by the way - "Resident" sounds kind of too generic...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Welcome to PC, Ecruteak! Is that your favorite city? I love Johto (:

Also I'm from Sweden! Talar du någon svenska?

Years
  • Welcome to PC, Ecruteak! Is that your favorite city? I love Johto (:

Also I'm from Sweden! Talar du någon svenska?
    Thanks, and yes Ecruteak city is my favorite city at least in Johto which is my favorite region.

I know some few words in Swedish as everyone has to learn it in school here, but I'm not very good in actually speaking and forming sentences. Once in the polytechnics on a class we had to say something in swedish and I wanted to explain that I don't speak it very well and I said: "Jag är dålig på svenska." One guy laughed really hard and my teacher also was like: "Ok..."

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Thanks, and yes Ecruteak city is my favorite city at least in Johto which is my favorite region.

I know some few words in Swedish as everyone has to learn it in school here, but I'm not very good in actually speaking and forming sentences. Once in the polytechnics on a class we had to say something in swedish and I wanted to explain that I don't speak it very well and I said: "Jag är dålig på svenska." One guy laughed really hard and my teacher also was like: "Ok..."
    What, why, it's not like there's anything wrong with that sentence o: Well we'll talk English here of course anyways (; I hope you'll enjoy the forums!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh... ok. I understood later that it means more like: "Me means bad in swedish." But what ever works...

Jag är dålig på svenska literally means "i am bad at english" so maybe it was them being bad haha

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2022
    Hey man! I'm actually currently in Finland haha. Small world :) Hope you like it here! (talking about the forums, obviously :P )

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    suomalaisiakin

Hey man! I'm actually currently in Finland haha. Small world :) Hope you like it here! (talking about the forums, obviously :P )
    Hello, user ResidentEcruteak isn't exactly new anymore since they joined in March this year. If you want to talk with them, please message them on their profile instead (:

Try not to revive old threads unless the topic is still relevant.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back