• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello I'm new, states Captain Obvious

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    Hi everyone!

I've been interested in Pokemon since its beginning in the mid-90's. It started off funnily enough with the anime, rather than the games themselves. But it was only a matter of time before I ended up getting Red or Blue one way or another, and it was my grandma who bought me Red version for my birthday. Unfortunately, she wasn't knowledgeable enough about the world of videogaming to know that I would need a Game Boy to play it on. I guess it was kind of fun obsessively reading and re-reading the instruction booklet for 3 months before my parents finally bought my much-needed GB. Kind of.

My favourite game would have to FireRed, simply because the entire first gen region, Pokemon and plot, I find to be the best. But FR is of course an updated and much more playable version of the original. R/S/E are very close second, almost on a par with FR/LG. I consider Gen III Pokemon to be one of the greatest (an unpopular opinion here, but I think greater than II).

I found B/W 2 to be surprisingly brilliant, considering my dislike for the first games. They just seemed to tweak it in all the right ways, and I had the most fun playing a Pokemon game since Emerald first came out.

As you can see from the avatar, Espeon has become a favourite of mine. It all began in a dream I had, in which I had as my primary Pokemon that I traveled around the world with, and it was apparently invincible (surprising similar to a popular fury little yellow mouse seen in the anime). Others include Gengar, Salamence and Zapdos.

Anyway, that is all for now. Hopefully I will enjoy my time here (god knows why I hadn't joined sooner), and see you all around.

Last edited:
    Years
  • He distort, welcome to the community.

Your story sounds fun, and surprisingly, similar to mine.

In my case, when i bought my copy of Pokemon blue i was so exciting with the manual like you, and i read it several times. The only bad part is that the manual doesn't have all the guide, but definitely its wonderful, I still have mine save in a place of my special collection.

For the third games, my favorite are undoubtedly emerald for all the extra content. But play the remakes FR and LF are awsome experience, mainly because you can play with the first pokemon with a nice sprites XD

Its great that you have decided join us, so i hope you have fun here :)

Years
  • Espeon is also ridiculously adorable so you're pretty cool for having such a great favorite. Love the avatar, I'm totally saving that into my Pokemon avatars collection folder. :D; Welcome to the forum!

Starting with the anime isn't strange at all actually; a lot of people watched the show before playing the games, myself included. Though it seems like most people that started with the anime started way back during the R/B/Y or G/S/C days. Having no Gameboy to play Pokemon on at that age would've killed me, though had it happened I'd probably obsessively look at the instruction booklet too, haha. I still have most of mine, including those very old ones from the 1st and 2nd gen days. And hey, FR/LG were my favorite remakes for sure so you certainly do have amazing taste. Who can say no to the VS Seeker?! R/S/E are also super amazing and Emerald is my favorite game to replay.. looks like the Advance Generation Gaming board will be the absolute best place for you. :) Glad you've made a post there already!

B/W2 were a big step up from their predecessors though, right? Personally I found Black and White awesome but B/W2 made them even better, though almost nothing will beat Emerald and Crystal. You're interested in the upcoming X and Y games too, yeah? There's been so much hype among the fandom over the sixth generation so it's always cool to see what a newly-arrived member thinks. I'm dying over excitement for those but am trying to avoid too many spoilers since that always makes games less fun. u~u Though it's kind of hard to when you go on the internet, haha.

You'll definitely enjoy your time here and if you're looking for a friend, just leave me a message! I'd love to get to know you, especially since you seem like an awesome person. See you around, read the rules and all that jazz, and have a great time!

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Hi and welcome to PC Distort!
    I became interested in Pokemon in '05 when my dad bought Leaf Green for me, it was the first Pokemon game I ever had and that's why it's my favorite to this day. I bet you had fun playing 1st gen. I never had the chance to do so and I hope to play them in the summer while doing a challenge.
    I could almost copy/paste your thoughts on the 3rd gen because I think the same as you. Leaf Green was a delight to play and R/S/E were fun too. 3rd Gen was definitely the best for me.
    Anyways welcome and have fun~

Years
  • Hello Distort, and welcome!

I often get attracted to longer intros such as yours because it explains a lot about you in one post. I remember becoming interested in Pokemon back in 1999 when I first watched the anime, and then for my 11th birthday I got a GBA SP and Pokemon Ruby, and that was where my Pokemon gaming career started. I have since also gotten a DS Lite and played the entire 4th and 5th Generation games, and last Christmas I not only got Black 2 and White 2, but also a 3DS XL which I will eventually use for Pokemon X & Y, and I'm fangirling over the starters a lot.

I love Black 2 and White 2, they have really cool features and I love the Unova region as a whole. In fact you may want to check out the Fifth Generation Gaming board for some great Black/White and Black 2/White 2 topics, and there's also the Pokemon X & Y board right above it as well. Both are worth checking out.

Enjoy your stay here, and if you ever need help feel free to contact moderators such as Cirno but some of the older, more helpful members might also be happy to show you around. I do hope you stick around and if you need a new friend just message me anytime.

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Back