• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello, new member Imported Cheese here!

Years
    Hey everyone!

Lifetime pokemon fan, Imported Cheese here. Brand new to these forums, nice to meet you!

I started a YouTube channel based on Pokemon content a few months ago which has really revitalized my interest in the older Pokemon games.
    Hopefully I'd be able to make a few posts in relevant forums without stepping on too many toes? My videos tend to be long and analytical, so I'd at least like to believe that they can spark some fruitful discussion.

I work as a JP -> EN translator, so feel free to ask me any questions you might have regarding translations!

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2020
    Hey everyone!

Lifetime pokemon fan, Imported Cheese here. Brand new to these forums, nice to meet you!

I started a YouTube channel based on Pokemon content a few months ago which has really revitalized my interest in the older Pokemon games.
    Hopefully I'd be able to make a few posts in relevant forums without stepping on too many toes? My videos tend to be long and analytical, so I'd at least like to believe that they can spark some fruitful discussion.

I work as a JP -> EN translator, so feel free to ask me any questions you might have regarding translations!

Can we translate in my boy Spanish roms into English

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    What would you say is the hardest part about translation work, and what would you say is the most fun part of it?

Yeah that should be fine. The issue we take with people and Youtube is when they are clearly just trying to use this place as free ad space and contribute nothing. What you seem to want to do is more how we'd prefer people do things.

Years
    Can we translate in my boy Spanish roms into English

I should have been clear that I can only do JP -> EN translations >.>

What would you say is the hardest part about translation work, and what would you say is the most fun part of it?

Yeah that should be fine. The issue we take with people and Youtube is when they are clearly just trying to use this place as free ad space and contribute nothing. What you seem to want to do is more how we'd prefer people do things.

I work in TV, so the most difficult part would have to be when we interview someone who mumblesalloftheirwordsandIhavenoideawhattheyresaying.

Most fun I'd have to say would be actually seeing words that I typed into an Excel sheet up on a TV screen.

I'll be hopping around the forums; hope to give more than I take!

Years
    Hello there! Welcome to the community! If you're ever interested in putting together articles re: your thoughts on older games, you might check out our Pokémon Daily section, specifically this thread. We definitely welcome articles from guests/non-Daily-staff members. :D

What's your favorite older Pokémon game, btw?

Years
    I'm not much of a writer, but I could give it a shot!

My most played older game would probably be Red/Blue/Green, just because of the jank that's possible, especially in the original Japanese version.

In terms of a vanilla playthrough, I'd probably say Gold/Silver/HG/SS (if the DS remakes count as older); still waiting for another game with multiple regions...

Years
    Yo that's sick. Welcome to the forums Imported Cheese. Gouda of you to join us (I'm so sorry).

You fluent in Japanese? I remember I had a Nihonggo class in college; it was literally just to complete my units for that sem but it ended up being one of the more fun classes. The only thing I remember from that class is otsukaresama desh1ta (had to replace the i because the filters think that's a slur lol), and I can't even remember what it means lmao (something about work??)

Any how, good to see a content creator 'round these parts as well. Pro tip for ya, just put a small lil' link in your signature to your channel, and don't ever mention it to folks. Using this place as merely a platform to shill yourself is a big no-no, and we'd much prefer if you become a true blue community member. But I'm sure you already know that.

With all that said, feel free to explore, see what you like, and I'll see you in the Off-Topic/Forum Games section if you ever stop by there lol. Have a good one!

Back