• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello, or rehello?

Years
    Hey,

Stumble into this site and discovered I was already a member (well a newby member anyways :P).

A little but about myself, I'm from Canada. 21 and name is Erica. I'm currently studying video game development, mainly focusing on programming. I have been playing pokemon for many years and as much as I have played a lot less lately, I still like the game a lot. :)

NIce to meet you all!

Years
    I suddenly realized you joined almost 2 years ago now. But anyways, welcome back to the forums Erica!

I just like checked your profile and realized I like left a VM there all that time ago. But yeah, that was the old me and things have changed so much now, and that means an entirely different PC then what you saw when you initially joined. Creating your own game seems like fun in its own right, so maybe you might be interested in checking out the Game Development and ROM Hacking boards. One focuses on hacks and the other is for stuff made with programs like RPG Maker and so on, so do visit both and see which one tickles your fancy.

Other than that, there's so much else to the forums that it's always nice to explore and discuss in whatever interests you. I hope you have fun settling in once again and I'll continue seeing you around the community!

Game development is a really awesome thing to get into.. I would've loved to study it on the side. Always fun to participate in the Game Dev board here too with how many useful resources and knowledgeable people we have. Plenty to learn.

Welcome back to the forum, Erica. -^^- I'm sure you'll have a great time here and hopefully you'll stick for a longer while, yes? The more the merrier. Cheers!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Welcome back to PC forums, Erica; it's nice to see you!

Yeah, Pokémon is generally an amazing video game series, so it's understandable as to how we might find ourselves sticking to it for so long. I've been a fan of it since I was a six-year-old, if I'm not wrong, and still am one; I don't know if I'll ever stop following, but hopefully, not any time soon.

How are you liking the game development scene thus far? I could imagine it to be quite fun. Anyway, I hope you like your stay here and enjoy all your visits, friend; please stick around!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Ooh, you're from Canada too? Niiiice! At what region? I live in Ontario, Canada myself in Toronto! Anywho, nice to have you back, and it's a pleasure you meet you! ♥ ^_^

Aw, that sounds really cool! I wish you luck on all your studies, and maybe you'll be interested in the programming related boards here on this forum! What kidns of pokemon games have you played, btw and which ones are your favourite? o:

But anywho, if you ever have questions or just want a friend to chat with, feel free to send a PM my way. Have a great time! ♥

Years
    Hey! You and I are in the same boat! I suddenly realized I had an account here too and am debating whether I should be active.

Actually wow, we do have a lot of other things in common! I studied game design in a class in college, though I ended up focusing on programming more than anything.

Are you taking a Game Design degree path specifically? Or are you on a Computer Science path in hopes it might segway into a game design career? Also what languages are you learning/interested in learning? Feel free to contact me if you have any programming questions. :D I've had lots of experience in a wide variety of them.

Years
    Hey! Welcome (back) to the forum!

My best friend is going to school for Video Game Design! She's an amazing artist who wants to use her artistic talents for Video Games. You should check out our Video Game section of the site, where you can chat with other members about your favorite games or the industry itself! :3

Hope to see you around!

Sirfetch’d

I once wanted to be a VG designer myself! because of how awesome it sounds! It would be so cool to create what you love doing the most haha :)

Anyways happy to see you decided to return! Many people leave PC and somehow some way find their way back home. I hope this time you enjoy yourself a ton and stick around because you will be a great addition to our community. Have fun :) And feel free to shoot me a friend request or VM any time you wanna chat okay?

Back