• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello People.

fabulousib

The FabulousIb
Years
  • Hi I am 16 years old, my birthday is 12/22/98, and my name is fabulousib but my real name is Will. I just like the game Ib xD
    Anyways I came here probably just like everyone else... Because I love me some good ol' pookemans.

I'm currently working on a ROM hack of Emerald which I call "Pokemon Emerald Hard Mode." Yes. Very creative title I got going on, eh?

The hack is pretty much Pokemon Emerald but with new starters, new encounters, a much higher difficulty, some new maps, and a lot more detail to pre-existing maps. (i.e the routes, towns, buildings, etc.) I do plan on making more ROM hacks later that are more... customized and not just me altering pre-existing titles.

Anyways, my favorite gens are 1-3... But I also like 4. (I'm sorry, don't hate me but I highly dislike gens 5 and 6. XD pls no h8 m8)

I do NOT watch the anime because IMHO after Johto, they made it too juvenile and it lost it's relation to the games. Although I do read and thoroughly enjoy the Manga due to it's darker themes and story. (Although I suppose the battles are more inaccurate in that... Meh, oh well) Also omg they removed Misty she was like, the best.

My favorite pokemon are (Brace yourself, there's A LOT): Charizard, Arcanine, Ninetales, Polietoed, Starmie, Furret, Butterfree, Scyther, Ninjask, Umbreon, Espeon, Jolteon, Dragonair, Kingdra, Flygon, Breloom, Quilava, Magcargo, Crobat, Pidgeot, Noctowl, Jumpluff, Xatu, Yanma, Altaria, Haunter, Vileplume, Bayleef, Roselia, Dewgong, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Clefable, Spinda, Muk, Mew, Goldeen, and Seaking.

wow that's a lot. But I just love them all <3 <3 <3

Anyways if you want to know more about me you can of course, check out my profile. Also sorry for long intro thingy but might as well give as much detail as possible amirite? Anyways, enjoy the rest of your day~! (oh god I'm making this post at 1:24 am what is wrong with me)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Hello Will, welcome to PC ^^

Your ROM hack sounds really interesting! It definitely sounds like something I'd like to try out, Emerald is one of my favorites, and I love an extra challenge in games. I do hope you finish it here, PC has tons of helpful resources and knowledgeable people to help out in case you need it, so I'm sure you will :)

I hope you enjoy yourself here! VM me if you ever want to chat :)

Years
  • Nice detailed intro there, Will! Great to see you on that note.

So, someone who prefers older stuff over newer stuff? That is definitely not an uncommon sight around here, in fact tons of others started quitting the anime when Misty was removed from the main cast (and now same happened with Brock after Diamond & Pearl) so I can understand their typical hatred towards later generations. I personally love 5th and 6th Gen myself (5th Gen happens to be my fave generation, go Unova!) because designs of Pokemon as well as game mechanics have gotten tons more interesting.

Anyways as mentioned we have a ROM Hacking section here that has tons of content that will be critical to making a successful hack, and sadly my lack of knowledge there means not much I can assist with but you'll still get the help you need from fellow regulars over there, plus the lords named Christos and Spherical Ice.

See you soon and good luck with your project!

fabulousib

The FabulousIb
    Years
  • Hello Will, welcome to PC ^^

Your ROM hack sounds really interesting! It definitely sounds like something I'd like to try out, Emerald is one of my favorites, and I love an extra challenge in games. I do hope you finish it here, PC has tons of helpful resources and knowledgeable people to help out in case you need it, so I'm sure you will :)

I hope you enjoy yourself here! VM me if you ever want to chat :)

Haha, thank you! I certainly will check out the resources available and i'll tell you when it's finished! It shouldn't take too long since it's just a simple modification hack, but I still hope people try it out and enjoy it!

Nice detailed intro there, Will! Great to see you on that note.

So, someone who prefers older stuff over newer stuff? That is definitely not an uncommon sight around here, in fact tons of others started quitting the anime when Misty was removed from the main cast (and now same happened with Brock after Diamond & Pearl) so I can understand their typical hatred towards later generations. I personally love 5th and 6th Gen myself (5th Gen happens to be my fave generation, go Unova!) because designs of Pokemon as well as game mechanics have gotten tons more interesting.

Anyways as mentioned we have a ROM Hacking section here that has tons of content that will be critical to making a successful hack, and sadly my lack of knowledge there means not much I can assist with but you'll still get the help you need from fellow regulars over there, plus the lords named Christos and Spherical Ice.

See you soon and good luck with your project!

Thank you! And I shouldn't have said I "Highly dislike 5th gen and 6th gen" since that's not necessarily true. I think the gens are great, but I'm just not the biggest fans of the games. I must say, I do love gen 6's competitive scene though. That game really improved on online features which was nice to see. Anyways, see you around I suppose!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • As someone who has played Pokemon countless times a harder version of the games would be very welcome. :) Members tend to love that here. Been years since I played hacked games personally so I probably should get back in the loop again whenever I'm not lazy. I swear I keep saying this but it never ends up happening omg lol.

Anyways, welcome welcome, Will! Yeah to each their own, plenty of people who prefer the first few gens and that's totally okay. You're sure to fit in either way so have fun yas!

Back