• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello PokeCommunity!

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    Hello,

I've been browsing PC for about a week and since I haven't posted anything, I figured it was a good idea to start here! I'm looking forward to some good times here on PC.

Thanks
    -sleds

Years
  • Heya sleds, welcome to PC 'kay!

A week is a while to go by without posting. Glad you're finally coming out of that lurking shell and posting more! The forum is much more fun when you get involved in things. :3 Is there anything in particular you joined here for? Maybe to discuss Pokemon with other fans or more specific interests, like ROM hacking or battling/trading? I'm struggling to find what to say since your introduction is so short.. but that can easily be fixed. Give us more to reply to sometime if you'd like, yeah? We're glad to meet you and even more glad to see what we all have in common. PC has an awesome community so I try my best to encourage peeps to talk with us more. Given I understand you might not want to make a longer intro much less talk about yourself, but it's worth a try, right? Baha.

Have an amazing time posting around and be sure to ask our lovely staff if you have any questions. Members are more than happy to assist if you post in the Questions & Feedback board, too. If you have questions about something unrelated to the forum, drop by the board it relates most to (so all Black and White questions would go in the Fifth Generation board, for example) and post away. And if you're looking for someone to talk to, I'm always here. You can always delve into welcoming other new members like yourself sometime as I'm sure they'd very much appreciate it. :) Whatever you choose to do will likely be found here, so have a great time!

See you around sleds, and remember to read the rules. Looking forward to all your contributions here!

I also encourage you to take a peek at the Get-Together announcement thread since we have some awesome events lined up for the members that will be coming soon. Maybe some of them will catch your eye and you'll end up getting involved! Just a suggestion. :D

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Hello there sleds! Welcome to PC!

I think at one point alot of us lurk around a bit, but eventually we all decide to join. I remember doing that myself for a bit before joining PC. Though once I joined, I quickly became a part of the community. There's many friendly members here on this forum and making friends is pretty easy. I hope you spend sometime exploring all we have to offer cause we sure have alot of different kinds of boards here. Tell me more about yourself! Just wondering too as well, what are some of your interests? What got you into Pokemon? What else beside Pokemon are you into and what aspect of Pokemon are you into? Are you excited for the new games Pokemon X and Y? I can understand if you're shy , but don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone here.

As I said, there's many friendly members here who are very helpful as well. Just post any question in Questions & Feedback or smaller question in Quick Questions & Answers lot of people will be willing to answer any of them you may have. This includes our staff members, who are open to any concerns you may have as well. Of course you can also just chat with people. Stop by my profile and send me a message anytime! I don't bite I swear! You should definitely stick around here at the moment, cause we have our annual Get Together coming up in a few days! It's where we have a lot of events and such on the forums and it's really fun! We tend to have a few events through out a year too so be on the look out for those too.

Really do hope you stick around and that you get well settled into this community. Have fun and hope you enjoy yourself here!

Years
  • Hi there from me too Sleds, welcome!

I know what it's like lurking for a while, but nice to see you're finally getting involved with the community. We have loads of helpful members here so I'm sure you'll make new friends quickly, and the topics are very diverse as well given how big the forum is. Why not tell us a bit more about you so we can get to know you better as a member. Is there any interests beside Pokemon? Are you excited for Pokemon X & Y? Don't worry if you're shy, but we are here to help you after all.

Also, like Cirno recommended, going in Community Questions & Feedback can be a helpful thing if you're not sure where to post something, and also asking a moderator is recommended since they are there to help you. And we have loads of members you can chat with as well, I'm always happy to meet new members so just stop by my profile sometime and send me a visitor message. Have fun here and I do hope to see you around!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    Thank you everyone! I didn't want to make a long intro because I didn't know how many people wanted to listen.

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to everyone. I had some things to do and I just let time slip away.

I'm not really sure how to start out talking about myself (I don't do it very often) but I guess I'll just jump in.

I like Pokemon of course, but it's mostly the style that Pokemon is made in wherein the way you play the game can vary in almost an infinite number of possibilities. And even if you get bored with one game you can move on to the next one for a different experience with different Pokemon. I think the story is great and also incredibly engaging. And the whole experience is just increased with the help of other people in the fandom. It's nice to be able to talk to people that share the same interests as me, especially if they're nice people.

But I would be a pretty boring person if I didn't have other interests/hobbies, right? Right. So that's why I broaden my horizons to many other things. I love writing and find it as a relaxing thing to do, almost like meditating. I love music (mostly classic rock, but some electro can be good as well) and I play acoustic and electric guitar. I'm even the guitarist/singer in a band I joined with a few friends. We don't have a name yet, but we're working on it. We play the type of music we listen to mostly, that being punk/classic rock. I don't watch a lot of TV, but the shows I do watch are Archer and Doctor Who.

Thanks again for the warm welcome guys. I don't want to come off as a shy person, I just don't want to be a bother either.

Thanks
    -sleds (I'm looking for a real signature)

Back