• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hello there

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2022
    somehow i've never made an account on here but hi! I'm Matti. Been a fan of Pokemon since gen 1, and have been looking into making a rom hack of my own - something i've wanted to do for years but only recently started actually began learning to do so lol - so figured better late than never making an account here as well! hope to see folks around the forums :)

Years
  • What's up Matti! Welcome to Pokecommunity!

Always excited to have new romhackers join us. Me especially since I adore playing fan made games (esp some of those that seem more well-made than Game Freak's offerings lol). Can't wait to see what you have in store! I believe you'll be spending a lot of time in the Fan Games section? :)

Years
  • yeah, I enjoy the modern stuff but I love rom hacks that bring the older gens to new heights, especially firered. I'll definitely be hanging out in fan games, thanks for the welcome :)

That CFRU engine man. If Pokemon Unbound is gonna be the new standard in rom hacks, then this community is gonna look so good for years to come.

DS hacks too are really starting to pick up what with more people starting to look into custom mapping. Makes me so excited to see all this stuff :D

Years
  • Yeah, CFRU is great, been looking into it myself and the plethora of information there, all the different tools to use alongside it, blows my mind really. There'll be a bit of a learning curve for me as I gotta teach myself to use all this stuff but it'll be a fun experience I'm sure :)

I'm definitely excited for DS hacking picking up steam too, as much as I love the GBA games, the DS games are my absolute favorites.

big same. i started my pokemon journey with DS games. to have a full game with custom maps for it would be the dream, and i used to think a day like that would never come. totally underestimated just how hard working rom hack makers are man. still boggles me that you guys are willing to do all this completely for free.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Nice to meet you, it's always nice to stumble upon an active introduction thread!

I think I've always seen ROMhacks of just GBA games, but I'm also not too knowledgeable in that kind of thing. As someone who replays Platinum so frequently, it's awesome to see love for older generations, especially for such a good game like Emerald.

Your avatar is so cute, I love it. <3

Back