• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello =]

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Hello everybody!
    Name's Sgt. Dustmop, after my cat. I'll go by Dusty, Dustmop, whatever. Nicknames are all good as long as I can tell you're referring to me, haha.

I've been a fan of the series since the beginning. I did sort of fall out of it after beating Crystal, and I only got back into it around the fifth gen releases where I picked up White 2. (And boy, has a lot changed! Lol.)
    Only recently had the urge to join a Pokemon-related community for the Friend Safari system and for other trading purposes. (Already added my Bug-type safari to the list; it was super important, lol). But who knows, might make some neat friends along the way.
    Read some other intro posts, and it would seem I'm not the only one lacking real-life friends who play it. I think I've managed to talk Boyfriend into getting X or Y but first he needs a 3DS, so that's a little ways off.. Hopefully I'll find some folks on here to trade with and such things. :3

That's about all I can think to stuff in here on the topic of Pokemon.. Feel free to toss any questions my way -- it's always fun getting to know new people!

Thank you :3

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Ahh, Zapdos has always been my favorite. Couldn't even tell you why, guess he just stuck with me since he was my first holographic card, lol.

Who's your favorite? :3

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    No probs! Hiya Dusty, and it's good that you're with us today! Welcome to the forums, and it's nice to meet you! People round' these parts call me Shawn or Dragon! Any you preferrrrr~ <3

Yeah, the series have definitely gone to some changes from the pokemon games from the gameboy games, eh? All the way up to the games for the DS and the 3DS. But, it's a good thing, y'know? That just shows that as we grow, the series grows too, and I can't wait to see just how much it will grow in time! Anyways, way, you can check out the Trade Corner's Trade Plaza if you want to join, and you'll find many people who are into trading too! <3

Thanks for introducing yourself! Have a nice stay, and feel free to message anyone of us if you need anything, and we'll gladly help out! Chat some more, okay? ^^ See you arounddd!~

Years
    And a big welcome from me as well! Hello Dusty, hope you're enjoying PC today. I'm Hikamaru, but you can call me Nichole if ya like! I'm happy with whatever you choose.

As Dragon said, Pokemon surely has changed massively over the last 16 years, but yeah as we get older, the series gets more advanced and better, and XY's massive jump to full 3D scenes and models is just a sign of what's to come in the future. If you came for trades, definitely follow Dragon's advice and head to Trade Corner if you haven't yet.

It was great meeting you, and have an awesome time here. If you want to chat or make friends, I'm always open for a visitor message. Also, don't hesitate to ask the staff if you need help, and I do look forward to knowing more about you Dusty. Have fun and I'll see you around!

- Hikamaru

Crossing your fingers your boyfriend gets that 3DS! It's really worth it since there are tons of games out there for it. Very worthwhile purchase and I'd never give mine away. /thumbs up

Anyways, late but welcome, Dusty! Pokemon continues to be amazing and gets even cooler as new games are released but a jump from the second to fifth gen is a huge gap. I've been into it since the first generation so I was eased into future games as they game out.. you've missed a lot so I recommend catching up if you've not already. xD; It's worth it! And of course we have the amazing friend code thread over at the Pokemon X & Y board on top of our wonderful Trade Corner for trading so all you're looking for is totally within reach.

Lots of friends to make, too. You're free to message me and we can chat! Always fun to get to know other Pokemon fans. Perhaps we can have a trade or two sometime down the road, yes?

Have a splendid time here! We hope you stick around. :)

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Thanks everyone! =]
    I don't normally stick around in forums very long, but I have a feeling this will be one of the few I stay with. I mean, it's Pokemon and it generally seems to be a friendly and upbeat community~ What's not to like? :3

The series really has taken a massive leap in my time away.. But aside from the staggering amount of new pokes (251 to, what, 718 so far? Eesh) it's all more or less the same fun game it was before. Natures were a tough one for me at first, though, I had to look them up until I had most of the ones I'd use memorized -- I'm too colorblind to see the slightly different colors on the stats, lol.

And Sheep, I sure hope he does! He definitely wants Pokemon, but I've actually been trying to hook him on it just for the re-releases of the N64 games and that seems to be working so far.. I guess he never actually played Ocarina of Time, so that helps my cause a bit. Here's hoping! <3

I'll take a little more time navigating the site before diving in to too much at once, but I'll likely drop in the Trade Corner soon enough. Thank you all again for the warm welcome! =)

Back