• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello!

Years
  • Greetings fellow trainers!
    My name is Bryan. I am a 21 year old who lives in Maine, USA. Been in love with Pokemon since I first watched it/played it in my childhood. I remember owning Red and Yellow and I always had to get the new version. Currently just beat Y. Omega Ruby is next, but before I get into that one, I want to spend more time in the Y's aftergame, as well as try to get a handle on this competitive play that all the cool kids are doing. I have always enjoyed turn-based strategy games, and of course I find the story mode in the games a little too easy. Trying to get organized and figure out the best way to start breeding and even see which ones I want to breed to be perfect. I am new to the competitive scene so if anyone has pointers or links to educational material that they found useful, I would love to see them.
    Also I would love to find some people to talk to and trade friend codes with.
    Thanks everyone!
    Bryan

Years
  • Being a Pokemon fan is awesome isn't it? It's a franchise you can never let go of because it always delivers something fresh all the time. Welcome to PC, Bryan!

How was Y? I really enjoyed Kalos, especially the trainer customization and the wide variety of Pokemon available in the main story made it so hard to find a team to stick to, so I often rotated teams and clothing styles. I'm sure you'll have fun with Omega Ruby as well. Hoenn was the very first region I played through when I got my first Pokemon game so to relive it once again in Alpha Sapphire brought back so many memories.

I think you'll love the Battling & Team Building section, given you seem to like competitive battling, plus there's always interesting topics going on over there. We also have a Pokemon Showdown server you can battle and chat with fellow PC members on, and who knows maybe I might catch you around there sometime?

I hope that has been of great help to you, and do enjoy your stay here!

Years
  • Being a Pokemon fan is awesome isn't it? It's a franchise you can never let go of because it always delivers something fresh all the time. Welcome to PC, Bryan!

How was Y? I really enjoyed Kalos, especially the trainer customization and the wide variety of Pokemon available in the main story made it so hard to find a team to stick to, so I often rotated teams and clothing styles. I'm sure you'll have fun with Omega Ruby as well. Hoenn was the very first region I played through when I got my first Pokemon game so to relive it once again in Alpha Sapphire brought back so many memories.

I think you'll love the Battling & Team Building section, given you seem to like competitive battling, plus there's always interesting topics going on over there. We also have a Pokemon Showdown server you can battle and chat with fellow PC members on, and who knows maybe I might catch you around there sometime?

I hope that has been of great help to you, and do enjoy your stay here!

Thanks. Pokemon really is something that is hard to let go. Y is good. I have a love/hate relationship with the new Exp Share feature. I love it cause it is so much easier to level up your whole team instead of having to switch everyone around all the time, but by having it on it does make it deathly easy to get ahead of the CPU. Not to mention with the Wonder Trade, it helps to have everyone get double EXP points too. I have gotten pretty lucky on a few occasions with Wonder Trade. Got a Lvl 100 Shiny Kyogre, Lvl 100 Shiny Ampharos, Lvl 100 Emolga with Pkrs, plus others with several full IVs.
    Glad to feel welcome, it is a lot to take in. I used to play TCG competitively (not pokemon though). Started out with the Naruto Card Game, then got into MtG for a while. So it seems like a similar type of learning curve that I have to get used to. All in due time I suppose.

Years
  • Those are some.. insanely lucky Wonder Trades. @_@; I'm almost a little envious. Welcome to the forum, Bryan!

Yeah, the new Exp. Share is a love-hate thing for me too haha. It's nice to be able to train things so quickly but I miss just being able to attach it to a Pokemon and go from there rather than getting experience for everything in my party. But I'm somewhat of a nostalgia freak in that regard, haha. Hope we'll be seeing you often on the forum! Please don't be afraid to ask if you need any help. :)

Years
  • Those are some.. insanely lucky Wonder Trades. @_@; I'm almost a little envious. Welcome to the forum, Bryan!

Yeah, the new Exp. Share is a love-hate thing for me too haha. It's nice to be able to train things so quickly but I miss just being able to attach it to a Pokemon and go from there rather than getting experience for everything in my party. But I'm somewhat of a nostalgia freak in that regard, haha. Hope we'll be seeing you often on the forum! Please don't be afraid to ask if you need any help. :)

Thanks! I know what you mean about the nostalgia. I still remember staying up late playing Gold/Silver version before they had a backlit screen so I had to sit under my spotlight to play. Good times lol.
    Thanks for welcoming me. :) I am hoping to make some friends.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • So you've been busy try completing the games! Cool; I've been breeding stuff here and there and try and reorganize my team a bit, but yeah, good times! Feel free to drop on by our competitive section anytime to learn about the metagame too! We're always happy to assist you! And welcome to the forums. :3

I do hope you enjoy your stay Bryan. ♥ Feel free to drop me a message anytime, should you need assistance or just want to chat! Have a wonderful time. ^w^

Years
  • So you've been busy try completing the games! Cool; I've been breeding stuff here and there and try and reorganize my team a bit, but yeah, good times! Feel free to drop on by our competitive section anytime to learn about the metagame too! We're always happy to assist you! And welcome to the forums. :3

I do hope you enjoy your stay Bryan. ♥ Feel free to drop me a message anytime, should you need assistance or just want to chat! Have a wonderful time. ^w^

Thank you very much. :) It is nice to know that everyone is so friendly on here. I have beaten Y now, so I am just fooling around with wondertrade and try to breed some pokemon and such then I will start Omega Ruby. Then I can transfer some of my weaker pokemon from Y to Ruby too so I don't have to waste time catching a bunch :P I will probably take you up on that message offer :)

Back