• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA hello

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
  • Hi. It's been too long to recall since I last did an AMA (I think three years?) and I'm bored to tears in my apartment so I figured I might as well start one up.

A bit of context about my history here: I was an admin on the Battle Server (on a bit of an on-and-off basis) and Competitive Pokemon forum moderator before quitting in late-2017. I moderated the Smogon Showdown Server for a while as well and did a fair bit of writing for that site. I also wrote a couple of Daily articles and was SMT for a split second. I've been fairly inactive everywhere for about one and a half years now but I've gradually accumulated enough interest again to start visiting more frequently.

Last edited:

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
    Years
  • Hi, ever been to a place called ''seghwaert'' ?

If you had to choose from these animals, which would you choose to have as pet ?

A)Dog

B)Cat

C)Pigeon

Aurora

Years
  • what is Amsterdam like?

I haven't been around the whole city yet but, from what I can tell, it's better than Sydney. The public transport system seems a lot better (if a bit more expensive), it's cleaner, things are closer together than they are in Sydney because Amsterdam's so much smaller, and there's an actual nightlife. It is pretty cold, but I like the cold so that doesn't really matter to me.

Hi, ever been to a place called ''seghwaert'' ?

If you had to choose from these animals, which would you choose to have as pet ?

A)Dog

B)Cat

C)Pigeon

No, I haven't. Maybe I'll visit it during the year though? Don't really know what my travel plans are going to be yet.

I would definitely choose a cat. I don't like dogs very much and pigeons gross me out.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Hi Aurora :D Hope you're doing well!

Favourite foods you've tried in Amsterdam?

What are some of your favourite songs?

What was Year 12 like for you?

Do you plan to move out of Sydney permanently at some stage? Where do you want to move to if you could?

Aurora

Years
  • when are you coming back to bss

Take 6! Let's go!!!!

Hi Aurora :D Hope you're doing well!

Favourite foods you've tried in Amsterdam?

What are some of your favourite songs?

What was Year 12 like for you?

Do you plan to move out of Sydney permanently at some stage? Where do you want to move to if you could?

I ate some cheese the other day and it was really nice though I'm not sure what type of cheese it was

My favourite songs at the moment are "Dragostea din tei" (ma-ia-hii, ma-ia-huu, ma-ia-hoo, ma-ia-haa-haa) and "Traag" (basically Dutch's answer to Despacito). I have pretty obscure music tastes.

Year 12 was an absolute nightmare for me. Probably the worst year of my life. This wasn't because of the workload (that was manageable, even though I picked a few subjects I probably shouldn't have)... it was more because of other, more individualised factors. Had I not had to deal with them I think it would have been a bit better.

I would love to move out of Sydney permanently. If I could I would move here straight away and that is my plan for the long-term.

Aurora

Years
  • i missed seeing you around aurora!!!

what has changed in your life between when you were last active here and now?

The biggest thing that's changed is the fact that I'm away from Australia for the rest of the year and for almost the entirety of January for student exchange. Living on my own for the first time in a place so far away from Australia has been an exciting experience so far. Outside of that, I started putting a bit more effort into my studies so I could make myself as competitive as possible for the application process (which worked out), got a (very on-and-off) job, picked up League of Legends and became a Miss Fortune one-trick, and learned just enough Dutch to be able to confidently write deliberately terrible tweets in said language (an ongoing project).

Back