• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hello!

ViciousVixen

legally obsessed with Yampers
    Years
    Hello!
    Hello everyone! Though I'm not new to sites like these (mean in many different forums before both roleplay and just general chatting ones) or even this site in general as I've been lurking on here reading a lot of the nuzlocke challenges made by others and such, I have only recently decided to join the forum. You may refer to me as Vixen, Vicious, or V. I don't mind either so call me whichever you would prefer.

Pokemon...
    I've been playing Pokemon for a long time (could not give you a specific timeframe I suck at remembering things-), my first game/gen being HG (with the Pokewalker-), my favorite gen being Kalos/Unova, and my favorite Pokemon being Vaporeon. Pokemon was pretty much the only game I played growing up, with the exception of Smash whenever I had family around, so the games are very dear to me in that sense. I'm also a very casual player when it comes to Pokemon, never was into the competitive side of things but I do enjoy watching other people play it competitively even though I have zero knowledge of the competitive side of Pokemon besides what I've seen and managed to understand lol.

Nuzlocke...
    I got into nuzlockes a few years ago when seeing them on Youtube. I ended up really wanting to do one but never really got the chance until recently so, I've been having fun with my friends doing them and various others we find. Even though I'm extremely awkward, I'm very willing to do co-op nuzlockes with others.

Farewell...
    I think that is everything for now? I'm happy to talk to anyone who wants to ask questions or just chat, I'm pretty sure I'll always be here just kind of lurking around lol

Hello!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Welcome! We're glad to have you join us! We actually have an entire section dedicated to Pokémon Challenges. They can be anything really if you decide to do something different from a nuzlocke. We also have a section dedicated to sharing your adventures in either video or text form if you'd like. I see you started with HG, have you played any of the older generations? If you have, did you enjoy them? If you have any questions m, please don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy your stay!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Awww your thread is so cute!! And so is the css in your flair too! Welcome to the forums Vixen, definitely be sure to check out the Challenges section like Tokyo said!

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
    Hello, Vixen! Welcome to PC! ^^

I agree with @Fairy, this thread is cute! =D
    Have you ever tried playing the old games?

Have fun! =)

Years
    Welcome to the Pokecommunity Vixen! Glad to hear that you decided to show yourself to us after lurking. We're good people here so hopefully you'll be able to stick around, participate in discussions here and there, and make a good bunch of friends!

Pokemon was also a huge part of my life growing up, as I think I was mainly just playing this and Counter Strike or something lol (on top of browser games of the late 2000s like Club Penguin, Poptropica, etc.). High five from another casual player! Recently got convinced to start always playing in Set Mode and not use healing items in battle, but i'm still too chicken to commit to a nuzlocke because I don't like my team members permanently dying :'( i don't touch the Competitive aspect of Pokemon either lol, i'll stick to battling AI please.

If you feel like it, you can make a journal of your game escapades over at our Travel Journals section. Might be nice to record your adventure and make it memorable or something :)

Anyway, enjoy your stay, and if you got any questions, feel free to reach out to me or other moderators you may find along the forums. We'd be glad to help :) have a good one!

Izanagee2005

Me. I. Yours truly.
    Years
    • Age 18
    • He/Him
    • India
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Welcome to PC, Vixen! Nuzlocke challenges are fun for me tbh and my first one was Fire red. If I remember correctly, I've done about 30+ playthroughs of Fire red XD.

Vaporeon is a cool Eeveelution but Glaceon is the coolest. (See what I did there?)

Heart Gold is also pretty awesome tho I haven't played it yet hehe

Anyways have a good day ahead and welcome once more ^_^

ViciousVixen

Years
    @tokyodrift
    I have played the gens after HG but none before that one, sadly. However, I do have RBYGSC and the older gens cause I spent the entire year trying to get them all (I only need SoulSilver left which I'm hopefully getting today) so I'm gonna spend a lot of my time just playing through those older gens I never got to play. As for enjoying them, yes I did actually, tbf I'll always enjoy a Pokemon game, it's hard to make me really dislike one, I think it's the nostalgia factor lol. I personally really enjoyed Galar just as much as Unova and Kalos.

@fairy
    Is it? Thank you, yours is so much prettier tho;; I did as much as I could work with having only colors as an option atm-

@catto + @thefairypokemon
    Thanks~

@roni
    Thank you!

Oh yeah. Club Penguin and Toontown were my childhood games during that time lol. I have played a lot of my Pokemon games in Set mode or Switch, depending, so Set mode isn't an issue with me but not using healing items in battle would be the problem lol I'm too cautious and/or too reckless when I play Pokemon sometimes. Nuzlockes stress me out but they're also enjoyable that I can't help but love playing them, especially with friends (currently have a thing with my bf where we're doing nuzlockes through all the gens and I'm having so much fun with it lol). Yeah, same lol, Competitive Pokemon is more something I'd watch rather than take part in myself-

Oh? Thank you, I'll look into that.

Years
    I did as much as I could work with having only colors as an option atm-
    It actually looks really good! Love the font coordination and color scheme. You're a natural at flair designing!
    Thank you!

Oh yeah. Club Penguin and Toontown were my childhood games during that time lol. I have played a lot of my Pokemon games in Set mode or Switch, depending, so Set mode isn't an issue with me but not using healing items in battle would be the problem lol I'm too cautious and/or too reckless when I play Pokemon sometimes. Nuzlockes stress me out but they're also enjoyable that I can't help but love playing them, especially with friends (currently have a thing with my bf where we're doing nuzlockes through all the gens and I'm having so much fun with it lol). Yeah, same lol, Competitive Pokemon is more something I'd watch rather than take part in myself-

Oh? Thank you, I'll look into that.
    Toontown! haven't heard that name in ages. never played it myself, but read about it a lot in gamer magazines.

For the longest time, my playstyle when playing Pokemon was literally just choose the strongest move and do that lol. Now that i know how to utilize STAB, acknowledge the Physical/Special split, and know how to use non-attacking moves, I believe I'm ready to permanently have my games be on Set heh. That's so cool of you and your bf to be doing that! Wishing you guys the best of luck with it :D (making me wish my gf was into gaming now :[ )

Also, merely @-ing someone won't work to notify them in these here forums heh. You gotta quote them like I'm doing to you right now. It's a thing with our system, and we've just gotten used to it lol. Hope that's ok!

ViciousVixen

Years
    It actually looks really good! Love the font coordination and color scheme. You're a natural at flair designing!

Toontown! haven't heard that name in ages. never played it myself, but read about it a lot in gamer magazines.

For the longest time, my playstyle when playing Pokemon was literally just choose the strongest move and do that lol. Now that i know how to utilize STAB, acknowledge the Physical/Special split, and know how to use non-attacking moves, I believe I'm ready to permanently have my games be on Set heh. That's so cool of you and your bf to be doing that! Wishing you guys the best of luck with it :D (making me wish my gf was into gaming now :[ )

Also, merely @-ing someone won't work to notify them in these here forums heh. You gotta quote them like I'm doing to you right now. It's a thing with our system, and we've just gotten used to it lol. Hope that's ok!

Does it? Thanks lol I managed with what I got as long as I'm given the code to make it work cause lord knows I can't code myself lol

It was fun, Toontown was that game I spent a lot of time playing, sometimes all night- Too bad it shutdown

xD I try to remember type disadvantages and advantages, some I do remember and some I don't. I know about STAB moves but I never looked too much into that to understand it fully, but I probably should. Physical/Special split I've known about for a long while now cause I took into account a lot of moves that were contact or non-contact (Hecking Nidorans with Poison Point and other abilities similar made me cautious about it-). Yeah, he's been into the whole nuzlocke thing but never gotten around to doing it so I was like "Let's do them together." Also getting him the chance to play the 3ds Pokemon games cause he's never played those actually. And yea just started FRLG and he's already nagging about how I got a Metagross as one of my starter options xD

Yeah, I know xD I actually did quote but then the previous quote got deleted when I tried to also quote someone else so I got confused for a second-

Last edited:
    Years
    Does it? Thanks lol I managed with what I got as long as I'm given the code to make it work cause lord knows I can't code myself lol
    awesome! took me like 3 hours or something when i first tried to make my own custom flair lmao. it used to have all this fancy stuff here and there, but i've recently opted to go for a more minimalist peg.
    xD I try to remember type disadvantages and advantages, some I do remember and some I don't. I know about STAB moves but I never looked too much into that to understand it fully, but I probably should. Physical/Special split I've known about for a long while now cause I took into account a lot of moves that were contact or non-contact (Hecking Nidorans with Poison Point and other abilities similar made me cautious about it-). Yeah, he's been into the whole nuzlocke thing but never gotten around to doing it so I was like "Let's do them together." Also getting him the chance to play the 3ds Pokemon games cause he's never played those actually. And yea just started FRLG and he's already nagging about how I got a Metagross as one of my starter options xD
    alrighty pop quiz for ya, which one resists the other, Water or Ice? (legit question bcs i keep forgetting lol). STAB just means Same Type Attack Bonus, i.e. moves of the same type as the user automatically get a little boost in power, so dual types are pretty nice to have. i learned about the PS split myself thanks to annoying Static mons lol, glad to hear we're both similar in that aspect. I've been thinking about nuzlocking Pokemon X for a while now but i've never gotten around to it yet. i really should, but i'm yet to finish another playthrough... give your bf a high five too bcs i myself haven't played the 3DS titles yet lmao everything i've learned about Pokemon past gen 5 i got from Youtube LPs, Bulbapedia, and this site :p and congrats on the Metagross lmao
    Yeah, I know xD I actually did quote but then the previous quote got deleted when I tried to also quote someone else so I got confused for a second-
    ohh right right it does that too. you should just press Respond to all the posts you want to reply to first before you hit the pencil button at the bottom right. you can multiquote that way.

ViciousVixen

Years
    awesome! took me like 3 hours or something when i first tried to make my own custom flair lmao. it used to have all this fancy stuff here and there, but i've recently opted to go for a more minimalist peg.

Yeah? I think yours looks really nice honestly. I think simple looks can be really nice looking tbh

alrighty pop quiz for ya, which one resists the other, Water or Ice? (legit question bcs i keep forgetting lol). STAB just means Same Type Attack Bonus, i.e. moves of the same type as the user automatically get a little boost in power, so dual types are pretty nice to have. i learned about the PS split myself thanks to annoying Static mons lol, glad to hear we're both similar in that aspect. I've been thinking about nuzlocking Pokemon X for a while now but i've never gotten around to it yet. i really should, but i'm yet to finish another playthrough... give your bf a high five too bcs i myself haven't played the 3DS titles yet lmao everything i've learned about Pokemon past gen 5 i got from Youtube LPs, Bulbapedia, and this site :p and congrats on the Metagross lmao

I'm pretty sure Ice resists water- I could be wrong tho lol. OH! I know about those. I never realized that's what it meant xD every time I have seen anyone talking about STAB moves they're always referring to one or certain moves usually so it confused me cause I thought it was something else entirely lol. Speaking of X, my friend and I were gonna be a nuzlocke for X & Y since he's also been wanting to do a nuzlocke for a while, I think he's done one but never actually finished it through. Tbf, the only reason he's able to now is cause I figured out how to get Citra working so now he can actually try the games lol. Lmao thanks xD he at least got a Shelgon as his starter so he gets a Salamance (lucky-)

ohh right right it does that too. you should just press Respond to all the posts you want to reply to first before you hit the pencil button at the bottom right. you can multiquote that way.

Ahh, okay, thanks xD

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Man, good luck with the XY Nuzlocke with your friend! I can't imagining that being a particularly easy game to run through. I've also been intimidated by Nuzlockes so mad respect, haha.

ViciousVixen

Years
    Man, good luck with the XY Nuzlocke with your friend! I can't imagining that being a particularly easy game to run through. I've also been intimidated by Nuzlockes so mad respect, haha.

Probably not, especially with the kind of Nuzlocke we're doing with it- but we'll see lol. It'll be very interesting to say the least. Nuzlockes used to intimidate me... I think I just have more fun doing Nuzlockes with other people instead of on my own, y'know?

Back