• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hello!

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2021
    Hi everyone, I'm Sky! My first Pokémon game was Platinum (though I was bad at it, I got stuck in Floaroma Town for a solid month or two because I didn't find Floaroma Meadow for ages lol), and I've played every main series game since then, usually doing Monotype runs (so clearly I improved). I also like a lot of the side games, I especially love Explorers of Sky (hence the username) and Conquest. I'm very excited for Pokémon Snap at the end of April and Legends of Arceus in 2022!

Since I like EoS so much, I'm considering trying to make a SkyTemple ROM hack. In terms of things I've actually done, I love to draw so I run an art Instagram account entirely of Pokémon food fusions (username in sig and I drew my avatar, other examples below) and am considering doing an illustration course. It also means Snap will provide me with lots of reference images!

I don't have a lot of irl friends who like Pokémon, so thank you for reading and I look forward to meeting people!

Attachments

• Bento 826.jpeg
      Bento 826.jpeg
      289.9 KB · Views: 21
    • Chef 515.jpeg
      Chef 515.jpeg
      63.6 KB · Views: 20
    • Crisps 294.jpeg
      Crisps 294.jpeg
      110.4 KB · Views: 24
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey Sky!! I love how you included some of your art in your intro thread! I think it's great that you're willing to share that with us. If you feel up to it, you should post more in the Art Studio section! We'd love to see it. :)

Welcome to the forums and never hesitate to reach out if you need anything! (。'▽'。)♡

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2021
    Thank you for the welcome! Yes, I saw the Art Studio section, and it's really cool to see other people's artwork too :)

Years
  • Welcome to the Pokecommunity Sky!

I feel you on getting embarrasingly stuck in a Pokemon game lol. I remember resetting my original Emerald save file because I didn't know where to go when I reached Slateport City. It's what happens when one doesn't follow instructions lmao. I've never done monotype runs, nor have I even played the main games past Gen 5, so you're clearly better than me at this! +1 on Explorers of Sky. I played Darkness myself, but PMD in general was stupid fun to boot up and just enjoy for hours on end.

If you're into discussions of the upcoming Legends: Arceus game, we have a dedicated Legends: Arceus section here just for that! Stop by sometime won't ya :) And this is the first time I've ever heard of someone planning to make a rom hack off of a spin off game. Best of luck to you! If ever you need resources and support, I bet ROM Hacking Help, or pretty much just the entirety of the Fan Games hub really, has something for you. Also, you got some really neat drawings there. Fairy's already pointed you to the Art Studio section, so I can't wait to see your thread there if ever you decide to make one! (or unless you already did, I haven't checked yet lol).

You're never gonna run out of people who are into Pokemon in this site, stick around and you'll be sure to make plenty of friends :D With that said, enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to me or to any other staffer you may come across the forums. Have a good one, and I'll be seeing you around!

Izanagee2005

Me. I. Yours truly.
    Years
  • Hi Sky, welcome to PC!

Your art is amazing :D I draw a bit too sometimes tho my drawing ain't that good :P Anywho, Roni has already posted the links and stuff so I don't really have anything new to add but enjoy your time on PC! You can always contact me if you need help :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2021
    Thank you for the kind welcome and for all of the information, I'll be sure to check them out! Also good to know I'm not the only one who's gotten crazy lost playing a Pokémon game

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Nice to meet you Sky!
    As another person who started with Gen IV it's always to see more of us around. I remember getting lost around Valley Windworks myself when I first started playing. It's really cool to see that kind of improvement and monotype runs are such an interesting idea! I tried one in Emerald using Dark types and it didn't go so well, but I'm interested in hearing more about yours!

I've welcomed quite a few people here so far but none of them have mentioned ROM hacks of the mystery dungeon games, that's a super neat idea! I wish you the best of luck with that and hope you can find anything you're looking for around here! As someone else without much irl friends who like Pokemon, I hope to see you around more!

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2021
    Nice to meet you Sky!
    As another person who started with Gen IV it's always to see more of us around. I remember getting lost around Valley Windworks myself when I first started playing. It's really cool to see that kind of improvement and monotype runs are such an interesting idea! I tried one in Emerald using Dark types and it didn't go so well, but I'm interested in hearing more about yours!

I've welcomed quite a few people here so far but none of them have mentioned ROM hacks of the mystery dungeon games, that's a super neat idea! I wish you the best of luck with that and hope you can find anything you're looking for around here! As someone else without much irl friends who like Pokemon, I hope to see you around more!

Thank you for the kind welcome!

I started doing monotype runs around Sun and Moon, doing a Dark run, Bug run and then a Rock one (in USUM with the special Rockruff). The Bug run was definitely the most fun of the lot because of Golisopod and because the type is weaker than others on average, so recently I also did a Black 2 Challenge Mode Bug run up to the top of Black Tower. For the good while, Rollout on Whirlipede was the only way I was able to beat any Gyms, and as my de facto starter my Leavanny evolved at the earliest possible level from friendship. Things picked up a bit after I could get Galvantula and Volcarona, though the latter's terrible moveset held me back for a while

When did you give up on your Emerald Dark run?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Omg your avatar I just noticed - now that I really see it I think I was subconsciously inspired by it when making my Tonkatsu Poliwag! And here I was thinking I had this original idea when I come to see you've already mastered the design! So, so sorry for my unintentional misunderstanding on my part - I'll give you inspo credit immediately! (´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Thank you for the kind welcome!

I started doing monotype runs around Sun and Moon, doing a Dark run, Bug run and then a Rock one (in USUM with the special Rockruff). The Bug run was definitely the most fun of the lot because of Golisopod and because the type is weaker than others on average, so recently I also did a Black 2 Challenge Mode Bug run up to the top of Black Tower. For the good while, Rollout on Whirlipede was the only way I was able to beat any Gyms, and as my de facto starter my Leavanny evolved at the earliest possible level from friendship. Things picked up a bit after I could get Galvantula and Volcarona, though the latter's terrible moveset held me back for a while

When did you give up on your Emerald Dark run?
    Golisopod's always been super fun to play with, and bug is such a neat type to do that with. I recently played White 2 where I picked up the early-game Volcarona instead of waiting for late game because of how hard it'd be to use in the early game and it was an interesting pick! Hope you had fun with it!

For context, I started it cause I was joking about it once and a friend told me not to do it and that I wouldn't enjoy it. I did it as an attempted nuzlocke to prove them wrong and realized how much of a pain the early game is (you just get Poochyena and Seedot who doesn't learn Grass moves) and realized I couldn't use Corphish or Carvanha until after Flannery, and there was no realistic way I could beat her. Overheat just hits too hard. I decided to stop when I realized I couldn't realistically beat Flannery without grinding my team for an uncomfortable amount or catching other Water Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2021
    Omg your avatar I just noticed - now that I really see it I think I was subconsciously inspired by it when making my Tonkatsu Poliwag! And here I was thinking I had this original idea when I come to see you've already mastered the design! So, so sorry for my unintentional misunderstanding on my part - I'll give you inspo credit immediately! (´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)

Omg I love it and no worries - the naruto fishcake works really well for the swirl! Now I'm kind of annoyed that I didn't come up with a ramen-inspired Poliwag myself haha

Golisopod's always been super fun to play with, and bug is such a neat type to do that with. I recently played White 2 where I picked up the early-game Volcarona instead of waiting for late game because of how hard it'd be to use in the early game and it was an interesting pick! Hope you had fun with it!

For context, I started it cause I was joking about it once and a friend told me not to do it and that I wouldn't enjoy it. I did it as an attempted nuzlocke to prove them wrong and realized how much of a pain the early game is (you just get Poochyena and Seedot who doesn't learn Grass moves) and realized I couldn't use Corphish or Carvanha until after Flannery, and there was no realistic way I could beat her. Overheat just hits too hard. I decided to stop when I realized I couldn't realistically beat Flannery without grinding my team for an uncomfortable amount or catching other Water Pokemon.

I definitely did, once I could get over being limited to Fire Spin/Ember as my Fire-type move (which did admittedly take a while). That makes sense re it being frustrating, I've never tried doing a Monolocke but I imagine in any game with any type (save maybe Water, Flying or Normal) it would be really annoying

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
  • Welcome! Oh man, I also got stuck in Platinum lol

Have fun!

Jessler

PidgeyFox
    Years
  • A little late to the party, but hi! Nice to meet you! I mainly have experience hacking pokeemerald, but let me know if I can help out somehow ^.^

Back