• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] HELLO!!!

synrec

Programmer
    Years
    How is everyone?

Name I go by is Synrec, I'm mainly a plugin writer for RPG Maker MZ and well, since Pokémon gets mentioned a lot for a particular plugin I'm doing thought I'd swing by.

How are you all? Great I hope?

As for Pokémon itself, I started with crystal on the Gameboy color then ruby and finally platinum. Haven't played much Pokémon beyond that but have heard of stuff like dynamax, mega-evolution and some Pokémon that looks like an ice-cream and a gear?

Yeah, looks like it's been a really weird scene.

Anyways, nice to meet y'all, I'll probably ask around and lurk to see what you all like and what you all want improved in the normal Pokémon battle system for dev purposes.

👌

DrWho42

ka kaw
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Jun 14, 2024
    hi there synrec! welcome aboard! who's your favourite pokemon?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Welcome to the community! Pokemon has changed quite a bit since Platinum came out. The designs may seem weird but I still enjoy it. I really questioned when they made one based on literal keys. There's a running joke that they're running out of ideas lol. Diamond and Pearl remakes are coming out pretty soon. Enjoy your stay!

synrec

Programmer
    Years
    hi there synrec! welcome aboard! who's your favourite pokemon?

Mudkip :D but I like this bunny one here I have on my Avatar too.

Hello Synrec!
    Good luck with your plugin ^.^

I'm fine, how are you?
    What about regional forms, heard of those? =3

Nope but it gives me some ideas :D

Welcome to the community! Pokemon has changed quite a bit since Platinum came out. The designs may seem weird but I still enjoy it. I really questioned when they made one based on literal keys. There's a running joke that they're running out of ideas lol. Diamond and Pearl remakes are coming out pretty soon. Enjoy your stay!

Thanks!

synrec

Programmer
    Years
    Would have been nice if you were also a plugin writer for RPG maker MV. But welcome to the forum anyways.

It uses the same language so I have a few stuff for it, even making my game on it but my focus is MZ for now as MZ uses pixijs v5 and is a lot easier to work with due to the changes from v4 to v5... supposedly.

Haven't made use of those updates just yet.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey synrec! Welcome to the community! Best of luck with your plug-in, I'm sure it'll be very popular around the Fan Game forums. :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    How is everyone?

Name I go by is Synrec, I'm mainly a plugin writer for RPG Maker MZ and well, since Pokémon gets mentioned a lot for a particular plugin I'm doing thought I'd swing by.

How are you all? Great I hope?

As for Pokémon itself, I started with crystal on the Gameboy color then ruby and finally platinum. Haven't played much Pokémon beyond that but have heard of stuff like dynamax, mega-evolution and some Pokémon that looks like an ice-cream and a gear?

Yeah, looks like it's been a really weird scene.

Anyways, nice to meet y'all, I'll probably ask around and lurk to see what you all like and what you all want improved in the normal Pokémon battle system for dev purposes.

👌
    Hii, welcome to PC! I'm good :3 having a nice calm morning. How are you doing yourself in the community so far?

There's so much fangame making in this community so you've probably come to the right place ahah. Omg you started with Crystal and Platinum?? The best games, hands down. Well maybe one of the 6th gen games comes close in terms of playstyle, but Crystal and Plat are def just, the top tier ones in most terms imo. Ruby was my second pokémon game ever also, and it was super fun to play too ofc. Hoenn is maybe the best designed region <3 And yeah... Mega-evolution was actually awesome imo! Most exciting gimmick. Dynamax..... and Z-moves....... not as much lol. Seems every generation gets its new gimmick these days, but I'd rather just bring back Mega-Evos tbh ;;

Hope you've found some good parts of the forums to hang out in~ Maybe also our Discord? There's fangame dedicated areas both here on the forums and there on the Discord.

synrec

Programmer
    Years
    Hii, welcome to PC! I'm good :3 having a nice calm morning. How are you doing yourself in the community so far?

There's so much fangame making in this community so you've probably come to the right place ahah. Omg you started with Crystal and Platinum?? The best games, hands down. Well maybe one of the 6th gen games comes close in terms of playstyle, but Crystal and Plat are def just, the top tier ones in most terms imo. Ruby was my second pokémon game ever also, and it was super fun to play too ofc. Hoenn is maybe the best designed region <3 And yeah... Mega-evolution was actually awesome imo! Most exciting gimmick. Dynamax..... and Z-moves....... not as much lol. Seems every generation gets its new gimmick these days, but I'd rather just bring back Mega-Evos tbh ;;

Hope you've found some good parts of the forums to hang out in~ Maybe also our Discord? There's fangame dedicated areas both here on the forums and there on the Discord.

Hi, so far I'm just lurking around. I realize a lot of fam ge making goes on around here with rpg maker xp pokemon essentials, not something I'm going to replicate tbh, my aim is monster capture systems in general and with a general compatibility level with most other rpg maker mz plugins. Though, at the same time, it's not going to be my focus as people, end up writing obscure and near totally unused plugins which people may ask for me to make a compatibility patch for.

Anyways, pokemon I usually watch the garbadors channel on youtube and it gets me some laughs but also makes it painful to see that pokemon's strategic value of play has been stagnant at the rock paper scissors level and so I want to look around and see what naunces of the game I can pick up to work up a really strategic battle system which takes a fat dump on rng mechanics.

Back