• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Anyone got an Naruto resources for rm2k3 or RMXP? Im making an abs and need all teh resources i can get. PM If you have any. Ill gladely give full credit!

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Dunsparce said:
    Is ANYONE going to help me with my request earlier in this thread?

Hello?!?

I've been waiting for days and not one person has helped me!!!
    All I want is the Johto Chipsets from the Resource Thread to be Reformatted to work on RPG Maker 2003!!!

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
    Years
  • Be patient. I waited once for a month for the exact same thing... Hey!!! Can someone reformat the Johto chipset for rm2k3?

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Optimus Prime said:
    I know C
    (can someone tell me how to have windows in C I alreay know how to make dos based programs)
    Google: theforger's win32 tutorial...

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 27, 2014
    I have seen many chipsets for FireRed/LeafGreen but nothing for Ruby/Saphire/Emerald does anyone have an inner set for R/S/E???

Pete

<>PAWN CONTROL 1.0<>
    Years
  • There's the Resource Importer. Peekimon gave me the link a few pages back(more like 10!) and it does all the importing. It also gives you a really sweet RMXP launcher. The resource importer, you must get.

Batesymon

Tuesday!
    Years
  • Kiril-Kun said:
    There's the Resource Importer. Peekimon gave me the link a few pages back(more like 10!) and it does all the importing. It also gives you a really sweet RMXP launcher. The resource importer, you must get.
    Already tried and it wasn't working. >>

I tried resizing them myself but RMXP has problems with almost any background colour I use. Any help?

NeoBlade

Child of Origon
    Years
  • this may be a stupid question, but in rmxp, how can you make variables?? the only thing i can do now is change there names...

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
    Years
  • NeoBlade said:
    this may be a stupid question, but in rmxp, how can you make variables?? the only thing i can do now is change there names...
    depends if it's a script or an event variable.

events:
    for events it's all in the event command:
    "variable operation."
    event variables are objects for storing numbers.
    like:
    variable [001::variable_name] = 1
    coding can be done like this:
    Code:
    var [001::variable_name] = 5
    var [001::variable_name] *= 5
    would output 25

scripts:
    script variables are easier,
    any word or text can be a variable
    like:
    Code:
    my_var = 1
    there are a few variables:
    my_var : can be used in 1 single method
    @my_var : instance variable, can be used in methods inside 1 class
    $my_var : global variable, can be accessed in any method, any class
    and any call script. it still stays the same object.
    any calculations would be:
    Code:
    @my_var = 5
    $my_var = 6
    my_var = (@my_var + $my_var)
    outputs 11
    or:
    @my_var = 7
    @my_var % 4
    would be 3.
    hopes this helpes you out

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    I am trying to create a battle system in rm2k3. Does anyone know how to start it. I already have pokemon but do not know how to set the menu up during the battle or anything. Please someone help me?

Also the battle animation I want to place a pokemon but it is not working, it gives me a message like not the right format. :surprised

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    dose anyone know where i can get final fantasy 7 tile charater sets and everything elce for sphere

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    Does anyone know where I can find a pokemon catching tutorial, or system? I need it for my game. RMXP

Also. What do you do to make a trainer come up to you, like in the pokemon games, if you pass a certain area in the direction they're facing.

Last edited:

Blizzy

Years
  • dan48 said:
    Does anyone know where I can find a pokemon catching tutorial, or system? I need it for my game. RMXP

Also. What do you do to make a trainer come up to you, like in the pokemon games, if you pass a certain area in the direction they're facing.
    there are a loads of toturials at:
    gamingw.net

second:
    make an event, with a sprite.
    and on the tile where you want him to come to you,
    place another event with touch by hero
    <>move_event[trainer] move (direction)

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • me and my friend, Garrett are thinking of starting a cross game of runescape and full metal alchemist...but we dont know if it whould be illegal...if this is in the wrong place, sorry, I just dont know where elce to put it...

Blizzy

Years
  • Kasanai Tsumi said:
    me and my friend, Garrett are thinking of starting a cross game of runescape and full metal alchemist...but we dont know if it whould be illegal...if this is in the wrong place, sorry, I just dont know where elce to put it...
    well, if the graphics are original it's not illigal.
    (unless the graphics are ripped from the games)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back