• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
  • Help!!

Whenever I try to bring my tilesets into RMXP it says 'unexpected file format', and the project closes. How can I fix this?

Yuoaman

Years
  • Whenever I try to bring my tilesets into RMXP this comes up 'unexpected file format' and then it closes. How can I stop this?

Years
  • Latias Tamer said:
    Ive just downloaded rpg maker XP and i want to make a game but. I dont know how to put tile tets on to the system. Can you please help me.
    Click the Tools tab and then Resource Manager.
    You can import your files in the Resource Manager, just select which type of file in the folder tree and then click Import.

Once you've imported them, then click Tools > Database, and go to the Tileset tab.

MasaXGPMat

Super Transcedent Milenio
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    is there any sort of program that allows me to make MMORP games?

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • hey, there's a edit button, if you forget to say something you don'T double post, you edit the previous post. Double posting is against the rules, so use the edit button on your post next time.

when u import charsets they will go to your database, so they will be there for you to use in the game, if you change one tilesetset to another and the map is using the previous tileset, the tiles corresponding to one of them will change to the ones corresponding to the previous one but of the new one, so if you have tile number one as a pink tile on one of them and a map is using that tileset, when u change it to a new one and it has a window tile on number one, all black tiles will change to a window tile.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2006
    Hey... can you guys please give me a windowskin? i don't know if there is one in the starter kit, but the link is broken... thank you!

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    Can anyone possibleiy give me a Pokedex Script or a Pokemon Catching Scripts or a pokemon catching system (liek using commen events or someother sort of system)......i dont even know if anyone had one but i figured id ask.

::EDIT::
    Blizzy's PokeDeX Script doesnt work with the Starter kit.

Scompi

Can anyone possibleiy give me a Pokedex Script or a Pokemon Catching Scripts or a pokemon catching system (liek using commen events or someother sort of system)......i dont even know if anyone had one but i figured id ask.

::EDIT::
    Blizzy's PokeDeX Script doesnt work with the Starter kit.

Blizzy's Pokedex script works, just that its under the map, like where there is empty space, you can see it. well do something like how the trainer card is made. this is what i did, and it looks okay...
    Edit of Blizzy's 'dex script
    If you need help just PM me, I'll be glad to help you again.

Scompi

do you try getting the name in the scripts or in the events?

if script then i think its,
    Code:
    for i in 0...$game_party.actors.size
    $game_party.actors[i]

or

Code:
    self.contents.draw_text(x,y-4,w,h,"Name")
    self.contents.draw_text(x-32,y-4,w,h, $pkmn.trainername, 2)
    if Blizzy's Starter Kit

i dont know for sure, though.

if you were to use \n[x], x=1, it will only show, 1 ate breakfast at 10am.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    Could I please get a chipset from inside a radio station (for a pkmn game) also a one with cobwebs and all dusty would do great as well

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    Link2005 said:
    Thanks scompi (by the way the code that i am modifying is blizzys) i will try it when i get home. ( i am at school at the moment)

what scompi said mght work but i recomend this
    Code:
    $pkmn.trainername
    for the heros name.thats how its coded in the starter kit it saves the name to variable 1 so i think that will work. and then to call it in a message jsut write this in the message where you want the heros name
    Code:
    \v[1]

Yuoaman

Years
  • Uhh, how do you make the white lines dissapear from around the buildings. And which resource do I put my characters and pokemon. (I use RMXP) And how do I make things unwalkable, my character just walks on water and buildings.

Last edited:

PokemonXP

Platinum Battler
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    Did you set the white around the buildings to be transparent? That is most likely your problem.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back