• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

mulch_ar

What should I type here?
    Years
    Hi, I know this is easy for y'all but I kinda confuse, how can I connect one map to another like in other pokemon games? Is it with event, editor, or the PBS one? I don't quite understand the note, so, please help me

Xano

Medallion master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    I know I haven't posted in a LONG time, and I don't want any questions related to my game right about now.

Anyway, look at the below picture:
    Help and Requests

Credits to kyledove

As you can see, the wall tile is set to be impassable, yet I can pass it. Other impassable tiles really are impassable, except for this wall. I've applied it, but still I get the problem. How am I to combat this?

Roconza

Crazy girl say wha?
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    I have a genuine interest in learning how to script in order to carry out features I wish to add and to able to do the work on my own. So I was wondering if any one has a any advice for a person who wants learn how to script. I just don't mean tutorials because I know there out there but what the best place to start?

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    I know I haven't posted in a LONG time, and I don't want any questions related to my game right about now.

Anyway, look at the below picture:
    Credits to kyledove

As you can see, the wall tile is set to be impassable, yet I can pass it. Other impassable tiles really are impassable, except for this wall. I've applied it, but still I get the problem. How am I to combat this?

See those passable blank tiles at the top? You may have put one of those over-top your walls on the second or third layer. I sometimes do this by accident! Try to put an unpassable blank tile over them in these layers and it should be fixed.

Xano

Medallion master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    Thanks! It worked! I've already messed up on two maps and it took a long time to fix, but I managed to pull it off. Thanks anyway.

Speedy G32

Co-Founder of Net Labs Inc.
    Years
    can some one help me start the part where you get your starter pokemon I dont get how you do that part. I have already made many maps and characters and am starting on that now

And yes I did look at all the tuturials and looked in other places too

Last edited:

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    ok, i'm trying to use Hypercam 2 but it's recording outside noises such as my voice, how can I make it so records internal sounds such as game music, etc...

*I'm using Windows Vista.

Speedy G32

Years
    What you want to do is make an Event on the Event layer. Depending on what way you want to obtain a Starter, you'd have to have the Event carry out different actions. It's kinda hard to explain.

Thanx for trying to explain it I think Im just going to get proffessor smoke to just be handing out free pokemon but how do I make it so he Just gives you one and thats it no more

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Thanx for trying to explain it I think Im just going to get proffessor smoke to just be handing out free pokemon but how do I make it so he Just gives you one and thats it no more
    Put 3 events on the table. Each of these events will be a Poké Ball containing one of the starters. For each event, the first page should be the "this Ball contains X. Do you want to choose X?". Then make a choice, where "no" exits the event and "yes" sets a global switch to ON (meaning yes, you've chosen a starter) and also changes an internal switch (Self Switch A) to ON (meaning yes, you've chosen THIS starter).

Then make a second and a third page in each of the 3 events. The second page means "another Ball was chosen", which means the page should have a simple "This is a Poké Ball containing one of Prof. Generic's Pokémon" text message (and it should keep the Ball icon because it's still there). The third page means "this Ball was chosen", which means the page should be blank (i.e. doesn't do anything) and its icon should be blank too (because the Ball has disappeared).

On the secoond page of each (the one that means "another Ball was chosen"), set it so that the page is activated by the global Switch "Starter Chosen" being ON. On the third page of each (the one that means "this Ball was chosen" and is blank), set it so that that page is activated by the Self Switch A being ON.

This is most easiest to achieve by simply creating one of the events, then copying it twice. Then all you need to do is replace the text message "This Ball contains X" to "This Ball contains Y/Z".

EDIT: There's an example of how to do this in Essentials (which I'm sure you're using). Seriously, if you find this difficult then you're just going to be overwhelmed by more things in the future, so I'd suggest you at least postpone making your game until you've learned how to use RPG Maker.

Speedy G32

Years
    Oh thanx I found the example in the Essentials thanks for helping I had everything right except I kept forgeting to put self switch. Want to be friends? You could help me a bit more if I get stuck again.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Oh, what a reason to be "friends"...

I'm certain I won't have all the answers, mind you.

Speedy G32

Years
    Do you need any help? I think I know enough to maybe help others now

Does anyone know where to find good sprite pictures for Proffesor Oak

Hello Im making my own game and its turning out pretty good can someone help me though I just need to change the battle Box but dont know how can someone help me.

Help and Requests

If it is not possible can someone help me make a different screen like the DS Diamond and Pearl so I can put it Diamond and Pearl style oh ya.
    Thanks for the Help

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Hello... :(
    Sorry for being a noob
    But i want to know how i can put day-night tinting in the battle screen, because i want to put it in my game...
    please :)

(Sorry for my noob english)

I edited both the commandbox.png and fightbox.png into the picture below:
    Help and Requests

However, the battle screen still appears to be like this:
    Help and Requests

What did I do wrong?
    Go to the script PokeBattle_ActualScene and go to line 1053
    Code:
    USECOMMANDBOX=false # If true, expects a file named Graphics/Pictures/commandbox.png
    USEFIGHTBOX=false # If true, expects a file named Graphics/Pictures/fightbox.png
    Change the two "false" to true and the files should be named "commandbox" and "fightbox" as said in the notes next to the code.
    It's really straight forward
    It helps to look for answers in the thread specifically made for asking questions about this.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
    Hello,I have three request

1)I would like to request the instuctions on how to add a new weather affect.Please help

2)Also,I would like to request a pokemon essentials pbs file(moves) with the pokemon moves that weren't included such as ROAR OF TIME.Does anyone have one?

3)Can someone show me how to rip a few of PokemonPlatinum NPCS compatable with rpgxp Pokemon Essentials?I don't know much about ripping ds roms.

Last edited:

Symbol

Playing Pokemon White
    Years
    I have 2 questions. Please help me with them, I am very new to Game developing.

1: How can I change the size of my game Window?

2: How can I change the Oak and Hero sprites? They are in PNG, so I couldn't get rid of the background in photoshop.

Please help me out.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I have 2 questions. Please help me with them, I am very new to Game developing.

1: How can I change the size of my game Window?

2: How can I change the Oak and Hero sprites? They are in PNG, so I couldn't get rid of the background in photoshop.

Please help me out.
    1. Script "SpriteResizer", lines 12 and 13. Note that these only set the initial screen size - if someone changes it in the Options menu then it'll overwrite the initial size.

2. Background? I assume you mean the coloured box around the sprites when you use then in the game. Replacing the picture isn't enough - you need to reload it into RPG Maker. Do that with F10 and the "Import"/"Export" buttons. When you import a picture, it asks what colour in the picture should be turned transparent (and semi-transparent, but you won't want to bother with that), so left click the background to make it so. It should be easy enough.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back