• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
  • The day night system matches the time of your computer clock for example
    Help and Requests

would mean that the game would look like it is the afternoon.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I really do not think I was being impatient. It was the third time I asked and its not like I was yelling at anybody.
    It's common courtesy to wait a couple of days before bumping an unanswered question, because people in the know aren't on every single day to answer questions (plus the point about research being needed for more complicated questions - perhaps people who could answer simply don't have the time to go into detail). You were asking your question on three adjacent days. That's what I meant about impatience.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Just curious, is there a FRLG charset (for RM2K/3) of that GameBoy-holding kid? Or is the RSE version the only one?

Also, is there a chipset for the elevator in the Dept. Stores in RSE/FRLG? I don't mind which version, I just don't want to have my elevator map look like a house.

And a random musing: has a program been made that converts RMXP charsets to RM2K/3 format? I know there's one that does it the other way around, but since there seem to be more resources for RMXP than RM2K/3 nowadays, unfortunately, it makes it harder to get the same resources for use on RM2K/3. I'm just wondering, is all.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Just curious, is there a FRLG charset (for RM2K/3) of that GameBoy-holding kid? Or is the RSE version the only one?
    I find it easier just to make your own resources for Rm2k3. Rip from a sheet on the spriter's resource or something, and use Irfan View to lower it to 256 color without color loss.
    Here is the character you are looking for and the template for the character sets so you can expand it.
    Help and Requests

I converted the character set to a 256 color .bmp so you can import it straight away.
    If you find me a rip of the store you want, send me the rip and I'll make a chipset for ya if ya want.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • I find it easier just to make your own resources for Rm2k3. Rip from a sheet on the spriter's resource or something, and use Irfan View to lower it to 256 color without color loss.
    Here is the character you are looking for and the template for the character sets so you can expand it.
    Help and Requests

I converted the character set to a 256 color .bmp so you can import it straight away.
    If you find me a rip of the store you want, send me the rip and I'll make a chipset for ya if ya want.
    Ah, thanks. Just wondering, with regards to RMXP charsets, if I wanted to put them in the template, would I just resize them so that they're half as big?

Thanks, but I just thought I'd ask if there's already been a chipset made for it, since I'd work on it myself if there hasn't. XD

Atomic Reactor

No, RMXP charsets have like, one more row, so you wouldn't be able to just reduce the size =/

But you could reduce the size and rearrange them to your will to make them fit.

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
    Years
  • Just a question does anyone here have a truck charset?
    I would also like the inside of the truck as this is what my truck looks like now.
    But if you don't have an inside it doesn't matter.
    Help and Requests

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    I have several questions about the intro sequence:

Does anyone know how to change the size of the player sprite displayed in the intro?

@Script>: pbShowPicture(2,pbGetPlayerGraphic,
    : : 1,230,160)

Also, how do you manipulate the pbTrainerName script so that your own default Player Name is inserted just like inserting the Rival's Name. Why isn't the Player's Name a variable too?

How do you create the fireworks animation when the Marill comes out of the ball? I can make the Marill show and erase only. I also noticed that screenshake doesn't work very well and doesn't pixellate the Marill.

How do you add in pictures to substitute Oak, the 2 Player Graphics and possibly add a picture in for the rival?

I noticed that using the script:

$game_variables[25]=
    pbEnterText("Rival's
    name?",1,7,"Gary")

for the Rival is kind of shoddy coz it's only an EnterText box without the ability to add in OW sprite.. Does the number of the variable matter?

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • um this sounds like a simple question but does anyone know how to make a wild pokemon battle event as when i try it comes up with an script error i used this script:
    pbWildBattle(MOLTRES,70,variable=nil,canescape=true) thanks in advance

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2014
    Get rid of the variable=nil, since you aren't using a vaiable, but still have two commas, and then get rid of canescape=(leave the true, though.)

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • Get rid of the variable=nil, since you aren't using a vaiable, but still have two commas, and then get rid of canescape=(leave the true, though.)

thanks for the help, never thought of doing that

EDIT::
    I did what you said but i still come up with this error

---------------------------
    Pokemon Thunder Light
    Exception: RuntimeError
    (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'compile error
    (eval):1: syntax error
    pbWildBattle(MOLTRES,70,,true)
    ^
    ***Full script:
    pbWildBattle(MOLTRES,70,,true)

Interpreter:258:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:789:in `command_111'
    Interpreter:322:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:190:in `update'
    Interpreter:104:in `loop'
    Interpreter:195:in `update'
    Scene_Map:100:in `update'
    Scene_Map:98:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:111:in `update'
    Scene_Map:67:in `main'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
    Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

Code:
    pbWildBattle(
    ::PBSpecies::MOLTRES,70,1)

It's the exact same things your trying to do...

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Just wondering, does anyone know how to codee a Bicycle system in RM2K/3? I'm thinking it'd be just tweaking this coding for the Running System I've got going:

Help and Requests

But since you'd be choosing the Bike from the item menu and moving with it as you would while walking normally, I think there's a bit more I need to do. Any tips?

EDIT: Also, would anyone happen to have a charset of Marina (the Crystal heroine) that has her riding a bike and surfing? If you have a full charset, that's even better. Otherwise, I guess I'll try my hand at it using Avatar's Hiro charset.

Last edited:

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • I'd assume Serebii.net would be a good source.

Me said:
    Just wondering, does anyone know how to codee a Bicycle system in RM2K/3? I'm thinking it'd be just tweaking this coding for the Running System I've got going:

Help and Requests

But since you'd be choosing the Bike from the item menu and moving with it as you would while walking normally, I think there's a bit more I need to do. Any tips?

EDIT: Also, would anyone happen to have a charset of Marina (the Crystal heroine) that has her riding a bike and surfing? If you have a full charset, that's even better. Otherwise, I guess I'll try my hand at it using Avatar's Hiro charset.
    Reposting my request, since it's a new page and it might not get seen.

Years
  • Sorry if this was already asked, but everytime I try to add a Pokemon to my Leaf Green ROM, I always get a message that says "Compressed size is: 4(sometimes a different number)BC. Which is to big. Aborting." I can stop it from aborting but then in the game, the sprite is all messed up looking. The size of the sprite itself is the same as the original. I'm using unLZ-GBA. What I want to know is how to fix this problem.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back