• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
Years
  • Hm. Sorry to bother you people again, but on top of my five PC request thing, I would like to know how to;

1. Edit the number of badges it is possible to recieve, and put them on the trainer card. Importance- HIGH

2. How to edit the look and positioning of info on the Trainer Card and in the Pokédex. Importance- HIGH

3. Be able to choose a Pokémon to follow you around. Importance- LOW.

If you can do any of the things I asked for, you can have a major or minor role in the game, and, if you do enough, I might even let you be the Pokémon Champion if you tell me the name you want chosen :)

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I keep on having trouble with RPG Maker XP games. It keeps on saying that one or more Fronts don't exsit on the system. Then it says it will install them. Then it goes though each Front saying that they couldn't be installed.

Atomic Reactor

Open up your computers font folder. If it's an XP, then it's in your control panel. Idk about Vista.
    Anyway, when that's open, copy the fonts from the starterkit(it has a folder for fonts) and then paste them into your computers folder. Then you should be set to go.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I don't know where my Fronts folder is at. I use Vista.

Edit:

Nevemind I found it.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Would anyone happen to have some animations of the Fire Red doors?

Also, what is the variable I have to use to show the heros name in a text box, in Pokemon Essentials?

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    A few are included in the kit. You'll have to rip the rest yourself.

And it's \PN. It's stated so in the notes.html file that nobody seems to read. :\

Ok then.
    And I tried that, but it didn't work before, I'll try again.
    Thanks ^_^

Birdybot

Years
  • If it didn't work, you might be using / (forward slash) rather than \ (backward slash), a mistake I made a few times.

goteamrocket!

noob_game_maker_sorta
    Years
  • need help

i have rpgmxp and pokestarter does any one know the script to use a key item in the field? help with an example please?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    i have rpgmxp and pokestarter does any one know the script to use a key item in the field? help with an example please?
    This is a Pokémon Essentials question, so you should have asked it in that other thread. But since it's here...

What kind of key item do you want to use? A key to unlock various doors, or something like the Poké Radar? I'll assume the former here.

The item itself does nothing. What you want to do is change what the door does. When you use the door (pressing "Action" while facing it), if you're not holding the "Door Key" item it should return the message "It's locked..." (or whatever). If you are holding the "Door Key" item, it should unlock the door and allow passage.

I don't know the exact script to use, but it's just a check for the item in your inventory. The item itself is nothing more than a sprite sitting in your bag - the key itself doesn't do anything. Other things (i.e. doors) do something different depending on whether you've got it or not.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    hello i'm matt i'm new to this poke hacking thing i like the idea

i have downloaded a few tools but i would like tolearn how to program and script and all of that as i want to make a game

if some one has any hlp or tips please can you pm me or email me at [email protected] and i would appreciate to hear about some of the tools used for this too

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
  • FOR THE LAST TIME, THIS IS NOT FOR HACKS!!!!!!

ilubb <3.

Dude seriously. No need to raise the caps and become a newb hurtful person.

Have you ever checked the guys post? It's ONE. Come on. Person probably never though they'd be different.

Birdybot

Years
  • Whenever I try giving someone more than one item by using this;
    5.times do
    $PokemonBag.pbStoreItem(
    PBItems::POKEBALL
    )
    end

I always come up with this error;

Script 'Interpreter' line 277: RuntimeError occurred.
    Script error within event 35, map 14 (Pallet Town):
    (eval):3:in `pbExecuteScript'uninitialized constant PBItems::POKEBALL
    Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
    (eval):1:in `times'
    (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1650:in `eval'
    Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1650:in `command_355'
    Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:190:in `update'
    Interpreter:104:in `loop'
    Interpreter:195:in `update'

What does this mean and how can I fix this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back