• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    Im using the latest pokemon essentials starterkit and am trying to figure things out before I begin making a game.

I use the "$Trainer.pokedex=true" to give the pokedex to the player like it says in the notes, but when i try to use it i get this error.

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: NameError

Message: undefined local variable or method `center' for #<Window_Pokedex:0x9afc6b0>

PokemonPokedex:62:in `refresh'

PokemonPokedex:45:in `each'

PokemonPokedex:45:in `refresh'

PokemonPokedex:21:in `commands='

PokemonPokedex:412:in `pbRefreshDexList'

PokemonPokedex:295:in `pbStartScene'

PokemonPokedex:873:in `pbStartScreen'

PokemonMenu:145:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

PokemonMenu:142:in `pbFadeOutIn'

PokemonMenu:142:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

I know some other people are having the same problem from viewing their posts, but after digging I didn't see any answers.. anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Sorry if there was already an answer and I missed it somehow.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2009
    Hello I am new here and i have a question

How do you change the hero sprite so that i could play as a custom sprite, i have the sprite and al his movements.

Example: that adventures of leif or whatever i would post a link but i can't.

If someone could tell me how and what program i need that would be great =)

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Is existing some program, which NDS music change to MID (like gba2mid)? I need some musics to my new game.

Search NDSSndExt on Google. It probably won't sound too good with some games that use custom voicegroups (such as HGSS); however, it should work fine most of the time.

Klofkac

He's back!
    Years
  • Wichu, thank you. I'm now developing new game and you will be in credits.

EDIT: But it doesn't work for PMD2 series...

Last edited:

Shadow-Lucario

People Just Get In The Way
    Years
  • how do i add new regions do i just start a new map and then link it to the other map like they did on pokemon crystal? i.e. johto was linked to kanto from the victory road map or is there another way i.e. i want it to be like the anime where i could take boats from region to region

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2010
    Well this is request for people who have some free time ;p.
    https://img21.imageshack.us/i/hoennpe...rworldswi.png/
    I want walk overworlds of May , Brendan from this picture. ( but with that green )
    And magma and aqua grunts walk overworlds.

Well i know that this is a lot of work but my skills dont let me do this on my own.
    I think it would be really good just for Brendan completed overworld.

Years
  • Well this is request for people who have some free time ;p.
    I want walk overworlds of May , Brendan from this picture. ( but with that green )

Well i know that this is a lot of work but my skills dont let me do this on my own.

You might need to fix that link, namely the ... as it just redirects to imageshack.

majorgames

Well this is request for people who have some free time ;p.

You might need to fix that link, namely the ... as it just redirects to imageshack.

if you put in insert picture and put that link in the type box when it asks for the link the picture will come up in the post

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2021
    Helo. i made a Red mugshot but i cant seem to get the hand right. can anyone help me? i'll give them credit for it. the picture is on the attachment. PM me the result if you can :classic:

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    This is probable a easy proble to answer but I can't figure it out.

For my game being made in RMXP I can't walk on most of the tilesets. I can walk on the stairs and tall grass but that is it. I checked and they mostly have the same setting. [The grass has bush flag]. DOes anyone know how to solve this? It is my first time importing actually playtesting my game with imported tilesets.

Years
  • Ok, there could be two problems here.
    1. Your movement permissions aren't set right.
    2. Your directional permissions aren't set right.

Ok, here's how to fix either.

1. Open up the database, (Where you edit players/monsters etc in an rpg) then navigate to the tilesets tab. Select your tileset you have problems with on the left hand side. You should see your tileset appear in the right window with a lot of X and O's. X represents where the player CAN'T walk, and O represents where the player CAN walk. So basically, just click on the tile you want to change the permissions of until it either becomes an X or an O.

2. Testplay your game after completing step 1. If the movements STILL aren't right, then follow the next step.

3. Again, open up your database and navigate to the tilesets tab and select your tileset. On the far right of the window, you will see a range of buttons, click the one that says directional or movement. You should see a whole load of directional arrows come up. Now with these there are four points on a tile that you can click. Each one represents a direction that the player can move on that tile.
    So basically make sure that all the tiles you want the player to move on have all four arrows showing, again by clicking on the tile.

Hope this helped :)

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    Ok, there could be two problems here.
    1. Your movement permissions aren't set right.
    2. Your directional permissions aren't set right.

Ok, here's how to fix either.

1. Open up the database, (Where you edit players/monsters etc in an rpg) then navigate to the tilesets tab. Select your tileset you have problems with on the left hand side. You should see your tileset appear in the right window with a lot of X and O's. X represents where the player CAN'T walk, and O represents where the player CAN walk. So basically, just click on the tile you want to change the permissions of until it either becomes an X or an O.

2. Testplay your game after completing step 1. If the movements STILL aren't right, then follow the next step.

3. Again, open up your database and navigate to the tilesets tab and select your tileset. On the far right of the window, you will see a range of buttons, click the one that says directional or movement. You should see a whole load of directional arrows come up. Now with these there are four points on a tile that you can click. Each one represents a direction that the player can move on that tile.
    So basically make sure that all the tiles you want the player to move on have all four arrows showing, again by clicking on the tile.

Hope this helped :)
    Thanks for trying but i already checked that. I still can't figure it out. I thought it was just the sprites, but I checked and found out that the default ones don't work.

Edit: I feel Stupid. Apparently the gound tiles have to be in the 3rd layer. :embarrass Well I learned something new.

Last edited:

Shadow-Lucario

Years
  • can anyone tell me how to stop random encounters on certain maps and also how do i go about making puzzles like the ones in the ruins of alph in pokemon gold,silver and crystal?

majorgames

can anyone tell me how to stop random encounters on certain maps and also how do i go about making puzzles like the ones in the ruins of alph in pokemon gold,silver and crystal?

you need to set the % of rarity on the encounters

not sure about the ruins of alph puzzles

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    can anyone tell me how to stop random encounters on certain maps and also how do i go about making puzzles like the ones in the ruins of alph in pokemon gold,silver and crystal?
    If you don't want random encounters at all on a particular map, just don't set them for that map. If you want to stop them only at certain times (e.g. during a quest), then you can set a global switch that says whether you want encounters or not on that map. Then edit the part of the script that generates random encounters, and have it return false if this switch is ON (i.e. you don't want them). It's a small edit to the scripts.

As for the Alph puzzles, they count as mini-games, and they haven't been put into Essentials. You'd need to write them from scratch, or find an already written version you're allowed to use/modify.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • I get the following error when I use many moves, including Hydro Pump, Absorb, and Dragon Rush:

Exception: NameError
    Message: undefined local variable or method `targets' for #<PokeBattle_Move_00:0x56a8320>
    PokeBattle_Move:335:in `pbCalcBaseDamage'
    PokeBattle_Move:634:in `pbCalcDamage'
    PokeBattle_Move:819:in `pbEffect'
    PokeBattle_Battler:1416:in `pbProcessNonMultiHitMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:1655:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:1632:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_Battler:1658:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:1932:in `pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battler:1931:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battler:1931:in `pbProcessTurn'

This error is really bothering me now. How can I fix it?

Also, my types are messed up (IE Normal hits Ghost, grass hits water for normal damage.) How can I fix this?

I'm using the original Pedapp if that helps.

Shadow-Lucario

Years
  • can someone tell me where i can find some final fantasy 7 sprites of all the characters i.e. cloud,sephiroth,red xiii,reno,rude,rufus etc and maybe even some tilesets?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back