• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help & Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    How do you add/edit textboxes (the ones where you give your pokemon a nickname) in RMXP?

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2018
    need help with my pokemon game

im trying to get a ash that starts from big then medium then small in the beginning of the game like the other pokemon games so if you would like to help i'd appreciate :nervous:

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • Get a picture of Ash in big, erase the picture and place a smaller one, then erase it and place the normal character sprite. I suppose you know how to do this. If not, just put these events I told you after the "professor talk" you should have or whatever intro you have. Then teleport to the first "real" map and that's it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2007
    A big Gm6 Favor

I have game maker 6 (unregistered) and I really need help with making an pokemon rpg with it nand i was wondering if anyone could help me and give me scripts and help to tell me which actions i should put for events I already have the characters,region and Ow towns(which i am working on) so if anyone wants to help just post or e-mail me at [email protected]

~please i need help~

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2018
    yep :) ty azura yay i got an ash for the beggining now :)

Hello um i have made a pokemon game i was testing it and i didnt saw any text why is this? i already thank you :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • yep :) ty azura yay i got an ash for the beggining now :)

Hello um i have made a pokemon game i was testing it and i didnt saw any text why is this? i already thank you :D

You probably need to install the font RMXP uses. Just copy the font file that it has (I'm not sure where it is...) into the C: \Windows\Fonts folder, and you'll be great. Or, you could add this to one of the scripts:

Code:
    Font.default_name = "Arial"

You can change the Arial to any other font, but Arial is on pretty much every computer, so, yeah. Just put it at the top of any of the scripts.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    ^.^

Hi guys and girls,

New baby problem: As in every Pokemon RPG game you pick a starter. Now, I have the picture and all that. However, when I want to make appear the picture of the starter, it doesn't appear in the middle of the screen. There is 2 options: High-left (where the picture appears in the high-left part of the screen) and Middle (where the picture doesn't appear; the middle is where it should appear). Now if someone have an idea or a clue how to change all that problem, tell me.

Thanks in advanced

Glitchfinder

Years
  • ^.^

Hi guys and girls,

New baby problem: As in every Pokemon RPG game you pick a starter. Now, I have the picture and all that. However, when I want to make appear the picture of the starter, it doesn't appear in the middle of the screen. There is 2 options: High-left (where the picture appears in the high-left part of the screen) and Middle (where the picture doesn't appear; the middle is where it should appear). Now if someone have an idea or a clue how to change all that problem, tell me.

Thanks in advanced

You see where it says x and y? THose are the x and y coordinates of the top-left pixel of the picture, and if you change them based on High-left, it will alter the location of the picture.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Oh yay, thanks! Now the location of the picture is prefect. Although... We see the Overworlds now on the pictures.

-sigh-

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2008
    Question

Hi i just wanted to ask... How do you do the begining part where the professor ask what your name is?
    How do you change the battle settings on RMXP?

Here are some of my screenies...

Ariolander

MangaTraders.com Staff
    Years
  • Edit: Yea I figured it out after a while and a lot of Google -_-;;;

Last edited:

brendan mc

{}[][]Game Developer[][]{}
    Years
  • (shiny umbreon)
    [[In that case, sorry. I don't know about RM2k3 palettes and things, but I can pass you the tiles straight from the ROM. Do you want them, anyway?]]

Glitchfinder

Years
  • Hi i just wanted to ask... How do you do the begining part where the professor ask what your name is?
    How do you change the battle settings on RMXP?

Here are some of my screenies...

Well, there's an option in the event option menu for changing the hero's name. (In RMXP, at least. It's on the third page, I think) To change the battle settings, you need to do some serious scripting with Ruby and create what's called a CBS, or custom battle system.

Shadez

-
    Years
  • does any body know of a finished starter kit or is this never achieved cause i want to make a game but i don't know how to script and everything so i'm looking for a starterkit

Glitchfinder

Years
  • does any body know of a finished starter kit or is this never achieved cause i want to make a game but i don't know how to script and everything so i'm looking for a starterkit

Well, unfortunately, a starter kit has never been finished. They usually stop at the CBS (Custom Battle System). On the other hand, you could learn scripting and make your own starter kit. Or, you could just make a non-Pokemon game...

Revolution

Da Bestest Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I know one person who has it but they aren't gonna give you the link. No one will give it to you unless you find the right person and if the link still works. But otherwise try learning Ruby your self, if you learn it and make your own system's for the game you know how to calibrate it and how it works.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back