• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help & Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

$_$

?????????
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 4, 2016
    I got a new Idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What would you guys say is the best progam to use for making a cross between the chaos from sonic the hedghog and pokemon?

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    I'd have to say it depends on your programming skills and the complexity of the game you want to make. Probably Rpg Maker XP, the most popular here in GD, and Sphere, that seems to be very powerful as well, although you'll barely get help for Sphere here...

$_$

?????????
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 4, 2016
    Thanks,Well I have some experience with rpg maker But whats GD?

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    I'm too lazy to write Games Development, so I shortened it to GD.

^^

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    @Rukia: By demos you mean the game demo or something more like game previews and such?

Edit: someone made a huge mess over here... o.O

Last edited:

johnlycett

Not Booted Out - be like me!
    Years
    help me now plz today would be nice i said to today not christmas

hmm its nearly christmas
    plz help

Last edited by a moderator:

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    skyslayer: you have many ways to do it. I'll show you one of them, ok?

Here we go:

1) For each event that will move, create a new Event Page and set it's move route. Also, make a switch for the event to happen. Take a look at the picture (important things are in red):

Help & Request Thread

2) When you want the events to start walking, just set the condition on. To make them stop walking, set the condition off.

PS: In the picture, please ignore the last line on the List of Event Commands (Control Switches: [0001]...)

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
    skyslayer: you have many ways to do it. I'll show you one of them, ok?

Here we go:

1) For each event that will move, create a new Event Page and set it's move route. Also, make a switch for the event to happen. Take a look at the picture (important things are in red):

2) When you want the events to start walking, just set the condition on. To make them stop walking, set the condition off.

PS: In the picture, please ignore the last line on the List of Event Commands (Control Switches: [0001]...)

I'm pretty sure Skyslayer asked for help on RM2K, not RMXP. Unfortunately, I've never used it, so I have no idea how to make multiple events move at once in it. It's actually pretty simple in RMXP, though.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    ... I think I missed the PS.

Anyway, for Rm2k things won't change much. Basically, just pay attention to the Parallel Process box. It makes events happen simultaneously.

~Azura.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    I made this script for the saved file window to have 8 pictures according to each file's own variables.

Code:
          for i in 1...8
            bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture("Complete #{$game_variables[n]}")
            cw = bitmap.rect.width
            ch = bitmap.rect.height
            src_rect = Rect.new(0, 0, cw, ch)
            x = 168 + i * 2 + (i - 1) * 27
            self.contents.blt(x, 0, bitmap, src_rect)
          end

However, I noticed that when a game is running, its variables affect the other save file windows' pictures, so I think I shouldn't be using $game_variables. Is there any other kind of variable that is not affected by each file but its global instead? I would need it to replace $game_variables.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back