• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help & Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Can somebody please help me please with two problems!

1. In Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald how do change the spot where the girl/boy starts.
    2. Change the route the NPC's example the path prof oak takes when you try to leave Pallet Town with out a Pokémon.

also is there any fully working Pokémon Yellow editing tools.

Aqua Mudkip

LOL I'm okay!
    Years
  • Team Poison, This place is not for ROM Hacking. This Help&Request Thread is for Games made with RPG Maker XP or with other RPG Maker Programs! Find some other Place where you can ask for help. :)

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    The problem on you using warez is that some games will not work for you, and the games that you make sometimes also won't be playable by others.

Find some other Place where you can ask for help.

Yes, do us that favour, please!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2007
    Pokemon d/p tilesets needed!

Has anyone got and pkmn d/p tilesets, or even any buildings, thanks!

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Yeah, it's almost like going into the Police Office and shout you killed somebody...

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
  • Is it possible to rotate an image using scripting? Oh, and, Azura, your resolution script a few pages back works fine, but when it gets resized, I can't see the player anymore.

.:Sam:.

The road goes ever on and on!
    Years
  • Hey, does anyone know how to change the font color in RPG XP. I don't want to change the font colour for a single message using the /c[] code I want to change the font colour for the whole game into black.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • Go into the Script Editor (Press F11) then go to Window_Base. Now go to line 64 or the line that says..

Code:
      def normal_color
        return Color.new(255, 255, 255, 255)
      end

and change it to something like this...

Code:
      def normal_color
        return Color.new(0, 0, 0, 255)
      end

That would change the colour of your default font to black.
    I posted that a few pages back, maybe search the thread before posting. Anyway I hope it helps.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    @LegosJedi: It's not my script, and you have to add a fix to it. I don't remember if I did include the fix on my last post, so I'm gonna put it here now.

Originally from: http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=68800
    Posted by Illusion Gaming.

ok well I was using the starter kit v1.5 and I saw that if you had a map size of 20 x 15 the character would be way off the map so I opened the scripts and did so math to center it and heres how to fix the error or what ever you call it.
    Go to Game_Player*
    find:
    max_x = ($game_map.width - 20) * 128
    max_y = ($game_map.height - 15) * 128

and replace it with:
    max_x = ($game_map.width - 15) * 128
    max_y = ($game_map.height - 10) * 128

I found that out because with the screen size of 480 by 320 it only shows 15 blocks across and 10 down and if the screen size was 640 by 480 there was 20 blocks across and 15 down. ok so hope this helps

Also, for rotating a sprite with scripting, use the 'angle' property (e.g: sprite.angle = 40). You must be aware that this is time-consuming, and should not be used every frame...

Have fun :p,

~Azura.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • I noticed it's much better to get the legal English version of RMXP, so I'll get it by next month, I think.

A hard request: In the saved files, above the characters, there is some space. Is it possible to put 8 pictures above them. For each one, there will be a variable. If the variable is 0, it will be Picture 0. If it's 1, Picture 1, and so on until Picture 4. It will help to determine the game's progress.

It would be something like this:

The green and pink squares are supposed to be the eight pictures in their real size. They are each 27x26, for reference.

About this, it'd be cool if it could be done because I think it would be one of the lasts script I'd need for my game. If the size of the pictures is a problem, feel free to change them as long as they remain small. Thanks in advance.

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
  • Also, for rotating a sprite with scripting, use the 'angle' property (e.g: sprite.angle = 40). You must be aware that this is time-consuming, and should not be used every frame...
    ~Azura.

Thanks for the fix, I'll try it ASAP. As for the rotating, I'll try to use seperate images instead of trying to rotate it. I'm trying to make a DS style menu, so that's why I asked.

Years
  • I know this may be a bit off topic, but could I request A userbar (optional) and a place where I can get overworld sprites for my game Pokemon Pride. I would like to start making them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back