• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with me and my "girlfriend"

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
  • Just to let you know, regardless of what other people say here, it is ludicrous to suggest that you are too young to have a grilfriend. You have about as much right as someone twice your age. If it makes you happy then of course do it. Take no notice of what people say, ignore those who laugh. They are jealous and/or immature.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I don't think you understand my point, mate. I think you're forgetting nine year olds can also make themselves happy by playing tig and tag, or some other stupid game like that. I'm just as happy as my friends who are in a relationship and I'm single, relationships don't make you the most happy person in the world, infact, they usually make people more depressed.
    Happiness means different things to different people.
    • They don't know what love is
    You may or may not be right, but who's to stop them from learning?
    • This is prolly just some little thing that'll last for a week
    Then let it last for a week. He doesn't need to stop it prematurely.
    • He should be more concerned with games
    Yes, games are so much more important than relationships. Jeez, I'm a gamer, and I'll be the first to admit that video games, at least, aren't exactly the most productive things, and I extrapolate this view outward to other games of the non-video variety.
    • If the laughing is bothering him, he clearly isn't mature enough to handle this kind of thing.
    Who isn't bothered by other people being jerks? While I advocate doing your own thing despite what everyone else thinks, it's pretty much a universal truth that people crave the acceptance of their peers. I'd be surprised if he wasn't bothered by it.

@Destiny Explorer: Look, if you ask a question like this, and you're nine years old, you have to expect 'You're too young', don't expect us to all be giving you serious responses, thats just one of the rules of life. Sorry, mate.
    I still don't see what would be wrong with giving serious advice. And I don't see why everyone has to act better than him just because he's younger; it's very disrespectful.

Edit @ next post:
    I'm happy to continue in a PM; I don't wish to derail the thread any farther. You never suggested it to begin with, don't go flying off the handle about something you hadn't even brought up yet. I would like to point out that there's nothing wrong with 9 year-olds dating (just saying otherwise doesn't make it true), and that whether their relationship is pointless or not is something they should find out on their own

Last edited:

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Happiness means different things to different people.

Yeah, but since was being in a relationship everything for anyone? Anyone who thinks that really needs a slap round the face.

You may or may not be right, but who's to stop them from learning?

They can learn when they're older. Stop trying to make it sound okay for nine year olds to date.

Then let it last for a week. He doesn't need to stop it prematurely.

I'm just saying, its pretty pointless.

Yes, games are so much more important than relationships. Jeez, I'm a gamer, and I'll be the first to admit that video games, at least, aren't exactly the most productive things, and I extrapolate this view outward to other games of the non-video variety

For a nine year old they should be. Having fun and learning the basics of life should be the most important. And don't say relationships are basic, because we all know they're complicated, far too complicated for a nine year old brain to understand.

Who isn't bothered by other people being jerks? While I advocate doing your own thing despite what everyone else thinks, it's pretty much a universal truth that people crave the acceptance of their peers. I'd be surprised if he wasn't bothered by it.

Of course people are, but people laughing isn't exactly bullying or being a 'jerk', it's just laughing. I laugh at people all the time and they never get all bothered by it.

I still don't see what would be wrong with giving serious advice. And I don't see why everyone has to act better than him just because he's younger; it's very disrespectful

Some people have. And yes, when you're older than someone you're generally smarter, stronger, bigger, faster, more mature, etc. So that means that they are quite a bit better.
    And some people have given serious advice, I'm just saying, don't expect all of us to.

Also, that wasn't aimed at you, so don't respond to it, unless this kid is your friend.

Disrespectul? Only just figured that out? Oh, you must not know me, my name is Anxiety. Glad to meet you.

Now, if you want to continue the argument, PM me. I always say it and I find it funny that nobody does. It makes me think that you need uninvolved people to see what you're saying. Do you like the attention?

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    Imo, threaten to jump off a building, that way she would either have to A) stay with you, or B) let you jump and have that on her concious.

(Also, the internet isn't he best place for serious answers)

Dang. This is my favorite comment. Lol.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
  • Well, you can't really put them on your ignore list but I can tell you is that if you really love her you have to stand up for the two of you. Take life by it's horn and show it whose the boss if you can't do that then what's the point of being together?. Aren't you tired of them mocking you? don't you want to be with her without the laughters of the people?. If you want peace in your relationship your going to have to take a stand.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Besides, aren't girls supposed to have cooties at your age? You don't want to catch them now, do you?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (That really made me laugh)

Srsly kid, listen to Aladdin. He seems smart. Bein 9 years old isn't about dating, its about playing in mud, and falling out of trees, crying for two minutes, then trying to climb even higher. Don't waste your youth (THE BEST PART OF YOUR LIFE) on some chick. You should be outside hanging with your friends and catching bugs and such.

Back