• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with team

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    First off I'm making an in game team. I know that means I can get away with a lot more but I still want a decent footing. I'm making the team for moon.

So I've decided on
    Decidueye
    Araquanid
    Alolan Ninetales
    Salazzle
    Minior
    Dugtrio/Magnezone

With this current team I have four weak to rock. So for coverage I want to add either alolan dugtrio or magnezone. if I choose dugtrio then I'll have three weak to both water and fire. If I add magnezone I'll have three team members weak to fire and two with a 4x weakness to ground (salazzle). Both aren't great choices but I'm set on taking one of them. I just can't weigh out which is better since they both have flaws. Help

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I don't like using dragon types much. I think I'm just going to drop salazzle and use passimian and magnezone

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
    Years
  • Passimian is a solid contender if you need Rock resistance, but know that it can only be caught in Sun. You'll have to trade it into Moon.

Mudsdale is a tanky alternative too.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Just in case you don't know, you won't be able to evolve Magneton into Magnezone until you reach Vast Poni Canyon which is on the final island directly before the Pokémon League. You can get the Eviolite early on in S/M (Konikoni City on the second island), so if you're not that bothered about waiting then you can just get Magneton to hold it until you reach Poni Island.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Just in case you don't know, you won't be able to evolve Magneton into Magnezone until you reach Vast Poni Canyon

Don't worry I checked this out before and I don't mind waiting. I prefer to not have the whole team evolved too early.

Aaaaand it might be worth noting that AlolaTails and Passimian are Sun exclusives

Yup I have both versions. I'm breeding the team on sun and then trading them over.

Back