• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help workshop] Map help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2019
    I want to know how to link certain areas together with AMAP. For example, my hack will have new areas since its basically FR, with new areas, and features. I want to make a new map then insert it to a new area and link it to another area. Is this possible?
    D:

I need to know a few Pokemon ID's. D:

Last edited:
    Years
    I want to know how to link certain areas together with AMAP. For example, my hack will have new areas since its basically FR, with new areas, and features. I want to make a new map then insert it to a new area and link it to another area. Is this possible?
    D:

I need to know a few Pokemon ID's. D:

Yes, it is possible.
    You click on the four arrows thing. It's a connector map. You can Add one, say which direction is goes to and put in the map number. The offset is to move the map left or right (or up or down) to put it in the right position.

Like if there was an exit from a town that is 20 Squares wide
    ----------x---------

And the map your connecting it to it only 10 pixels wide and the exit is there
    ----x-----

If you didn't set the offset the maps would connect like this.

----x-----
    ----------x---------

And it wouldn't work. You have to set the offset so it would end up like this.
    Offset

----------x-----
    ----------x---------

The maps should have opposite offsets of each other. (i.e. 12 and -12)

Hope that helped.

Years
    Anyone know how to (if it is possible) make it so when you step on a tile, a tile is on top of you, but when you are on the tile below it, you appear on top of it. like, the 'up' part of a tile appears on top of you only when you step on the tile. ?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Movement Permission 3C.
    Let's see... Imagine you have a bridge.
    Set it's MP as 3C
    Where you'd go under, set the place as normal height.
    Where you'd go above, set the Movement permission that part as higher (10?) and put 00 next to it.
    If you don't understand, I'll give you a screenshot.

NTA

Where?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2012
    this might be a little off topic i have a little mapping experience but if any body needs any titlescreens im here!!!!!!!!!!!!! proof of my work other than the sig i cant give that titlescreen to anyone because it is being used in a hack

DarkShadow

When darkness falls
    Years
    hi i made a map, and its a route i want usea warp to go to anthoer route i made the warps and everything and when i walkk up to the warp it does nto teleport me there can anyone help

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    The tile has to be set to be a warp.
    Anyway, why would you want to warp to another route? Then the screen will go black and stuff.
    Just change the map connections for that route to go to the other route! The Map Connections thing is the four arrows in A-Map.

DarkShadow

When darkness falls
    Years
    um do u no how we walk into a forest ot cave right? so i want to do that type of then but from one route to anotyher route

DarkShadow

When darkness falls
    Years
    The tile has to be set to be a warp.
    Anyway, why would you want to warp to another route? Then the screen will go black and stuff.
    Just change the map connections for that route to go to the other route! The Map Connections thing is the four arrows in A-Map.

okay tis is what im done im making a route 201 and trying to warp to lake verity i got both maps made but when i try top go to verity it goes to black screen what to i do

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Spoiler:

Do any of you know why this happens?
    Are you using Neti's rom base? It could be because those tiles are located in the bottom right corner of the tileset. You need to remove everything from the bottom line except the first 6 8x8 pixels.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I think It has something to do with map conections:\

This should go in Simple Questions(I think)

Actually T, his question belongs here, because it's a map problem he's having. ;)

NTA

Where?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2012
    i think this is the right place to post this: in advance map her are two saffron cities one has events and one doesnt can anyone explain this im just curios about it

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    i think this is the right place to post this: in advance map her are two saffron cities one has events and one doesnt can anyone explain this im just curios about it
    The one without events is bigger as well I think, I've wondered about this too. I don't think that there is any real significance though. They probably just forgot to delete the map or something. AFAIK theres no way to access the second Saffron in-game.

MudMast

Does not exist.
    Years
    Hmm, I beleive that the empty one is there because of the tile errors you get when passing directly into the city, you see how on one, the hallway is part of the city, and isn't on the other; its so, when you are in the city, you cant see out, and when outside the city, you can't see in?
    Thats what I thik.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back