• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Henlo~

Years
    Hello, everyone!
    You can call me Ranma. I'm Italian, currently 22 and I study Linguistic Mediation (English, Russian and French).

I discovered Pokémon in primary school, thanks to an older friend who let me borrow his Game Boy Color with Pokémon Blue. I fell in love with it ever since and he eventually let me keep his console forever.
    I played Pokémon Emerald in middle school and Platinum in high school.
    I couldn't afford much back then and my parents were pretty strict when it came to videogames - not huge fans, but for my good. Still, they gave me a Nintendo DS as a Christmas gift. For my DSi I had to save money myself!
    After generation 4 I kinda lost interest in Pokémon - I usually got the games after the other kids around me had already played them, I didn't go to events and my modem wasn't suited for Nintendo Wifi Connection.

In 2017 I decided to get back on track. I'm a perfectionist though, so I wanted to collect the main series games first and then play them chronologically. Except for Diamond, Pearl, Soulsilver, White 2, Ultrasun and the Switch ones, I have them all now lol
    Since last year I've played Yellow, Crystal, FireRed, Heartgold and replayed Emerald and Platinum. I'm taking some time to complete the pokédex and the post game stuff before moving to gen 5 and beyond.
    Even though I haven't played the newer games yet, I've tried to catch up with the new mons in the past 3 years.

My favorite Pokémon from each region are:
    - Venusaur, Charizard, Beedrill, Arbok, Persian, Golduck, Arcanine, Slowbro, Gengar, Exeggutor, Hitmonlee, Kangaskhan, Gyarados, Vaporeon, Dragonite and Mewtwo from Kanto;
    - Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Crobat, Ampharos, Umbreon, Raikou, Suicune, Tyranitar, Lugia, Ho-Oh from Johto;
    - Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Shedinja, Skitty, Sableye, Mawile, Flygon, Altaria, Milotic, Banette, Chimecho, Salamence, Metagross, Rayquaza, Jirachi and Deoxys from Hoenn;
    - Empoleon, Luxray, Vespiquen, Ambipom, Purugly, Garchomp, Lucario, Toxicroak, Weavile, Lickylicky, Electivire, Togekiss, Gliscor, Porygon-Z, Regigigas, Giratina and Shaymin from Sinnoh;
    - Serperior, Liepard, Leavanny, Scolipede, Zoroark, Cinccino, Escavalier, Haxorus, Mienshao, Volcarona, Kyurem and Genesect from Unova;
    - Delphox, Greninja, Espurr, Aegislash, Aromatisse, Dragalge, Goodra, Noivern, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde and Hoopa from Kalos;
    - Decidueye, Incineroar, Vikavolt, Lycanroc, Salazzle, Bewear, Tsareena, Golisopod, Silvally, Kommo-o, Lunala, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Necrozma, Marshadow, Naganadel, Blacephalon and Zeraora from Alola.

... That was a lot. Thank god I already had a list of them on dataDéx lol

Aside from Pokémon, I like foreign languages and makeup, even though I'm a man.
    I've always been in love with YouTube, the asian culture as a whole (this obviously includes anime, manga, kpop and stuff) and fashion.
    ... Okay, I think that's it lol
    I'm here to keep updated with the whole franchise.
    Hopefully we can become friends ☆

Years
    Hi there!! Welcome to the forums!

Of the games you've played, which one is your favorite? :D (also, you have great taste re: favorite Pokémon!!)
    Also, do you think you'll be getting SwSh?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    See, this is what a thorough introduction thread looks like! Welcome to the community, Renma! Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions! Happy posting! :)

Years
    @erik destler Thanks ☆ I don't have a favorite game, I literally like them all for different reasons.
    Also, I'm not planning on buying a Switch in the first place. Not soon at least. Remember I've waited for 6 years to buy a 3DS console lol I need the price to drop before even thinking of getting it.
    @Fairy Thank you too and sure, I'll do my best to be as useful!

Last edited:

TheAlmightyBlaziken

Pretty cool if I do say so myself
    Years
    Hello Ranma I'm a bit late to the greeting party but ok and you've already answered all my questions that I haven't asked yet so I have basically nothing left in my book of greetings (totally not real) so welcome to the community.

Heyo Ranma, welcome ~

and I study Linguistic Mediation (English, Russian and French).

That's very cool. 👍 I am Russian-born so I can speak Russian near fluently (only have the chance to talk with parents in it though, so naturally I'd be a bit rusty/not know all the fancy words...) so seeing others interested in learning is great.

You have a huge favorite Pokémon list (which is awesome!) and I see some of my favorites listed there too, like Cinccino and Serperior, so I of course approve ahah. See you around. :D

Years
    @TheAlmightyBlaziken Hahaha, thanks a lot and no worries, you're not late!
    @Sheep Nice! And yes, I like the sound of Russian and I find its 19th and 20th century literature very interesting (like Lermontov, Dostoevsky and Georgy Ivanov... I must admit sometimes I find their biographies to be even more fascinating than their works).
    I do have a huge list, indeed! I tend to pick around 10/20 new pokémon to use for every generation (I'm not the type to migrate mons from previous games before beating it with brand new ones), so that's why the list keeps growing lol
    @Carmenpot Thank you very much~

Back