• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey! I met you online!

Memory

let's waste time ✖
Years
  • This August I'm meeting one of my guy friends whom I met on the internet~

But not yet, no.

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
  • :o I have!
    I met my friend Caleb at an anime convention in August...It was so trippy, yet awesome

And when I went on a trip to New York, I et my friend Frank at Nintendo World.

It's a cool thing to meet someone that was once just text and stuff, y'know?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Several times! :D

→ My first planned meeting, I met a friend from a Pokémon forum I used to go to at Canada's Wonderland. We knew each other... fairly well (we both modded the same forum at the same time for a while) but we haven't really kept in contact. D:
    → From that same forum, when I moved to Toronto one of the girls in the grade above me ended up having an account there! We'd seen each other around but never talked online before so that was pretty cool.
    → Vaguely knew some people on deviantART and met them at anime conventions. Still talk to them mostly online, if at all. XD;
    Yelled at Told off someone from PC for talking too much at an Anime North. XDD Omg, we didn't realize until AFTER when we were posting in a follow-up thread that he'd been the guy sitting behind me at a Pokémon movie showing. I was always very loudly saying "stop talking! >:O" or something to him and others who kept going on and on through the whole thing. :'(
    → Met Aegis, Relyt, Saryka, Sorano at Anime North this year! ♥ Spent most of the day with Aegis. XD
    → Technically met a few LJ friends at Anime North. Barely talked to them and I didn't realize two of them were my LJ friends until like... after the line we were waiting in was gone and we dispersed.

...I think that's it?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Nah, I've never met anyone from my online life in real life. If I did, my parents would probably hurt me.

PC convention, anyone?

My mom would be that way, but my dad might go for it. :D

PC convention? Totally! x3

:o I have!
    I met my friend Caleb at an anime convention in August...It was so trippy, yet awesome

And when I went on a trip to New York, I et my friend Frank at Nintendo World.

It's a cool thing to meet someone that was once just text and stuff, y'know?

:O

Hey, you! I was just about to say something about you!

Anyway, I haven't met anyone from the internet yet, but I'd love to meet all my PC buddies. :3 Especially mom. ;D

And of course my pair, who's beaten me to the thread. ONE DAY!!!!! \o/

Victoria~

surrender to my s o c k s~
    Years
  • Unfortunaly, no ://
    I have some good frinds online, and really want to meet them... There was an Anime Convention last month and some of my online friends went.
    My mom didn't let me go, 'cause I didn't gave her a good enough reason to fly to the other side of the country to see anime.
    Like, I didn't tell her that i could meet my online friends there.. She's always so scared about kidnapping and all DD:"

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    Ive seen people that I already know that go online other than that I havent see anybody offline.

Years
  • I have actually met an online friend before. She didn't live all that far away from me and it was rather easy to make an arranged meeting. I wouldn't mind meeting any of my friends here, though. It would probably be amusing and interesting at the same time.

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
  • Nope... I haven't met anyone from e-nternet irl... But I agree with Siggy, It'd be really interesting meeting them... eg. Zanacross xD
    Is that guy like that IRL or only in PC? xD

Years
  • I've met one guy I know from another forum. We'd known and each other for awhile already when we entered college, and it turned out he was in the same college as my sister. We've twice arranged meetings, and it's been pretty cool. :o

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
    Years
  • Nah, I haven't. But I live about 30 minutes away from Akasuna no Sasori (Xairmo) so we might accidently run into each other sometime :'D I'll be like, IT'S MARIO and he'll be like, IT'S KAYDEE. And we'll hug... :]

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm sure at certain anime cons, or Pokemon conventions I've seen some members of forums that I'm on. Of course if I have, I wasn't aware of it. I have met my friend Haru though.. she and I were in a Fruits Basket RP back in 2003, and in 2005 during a trip to Minnesota I got to hang out with her.
    It was cool. x3

I also live 3 hours from somone I'm really close with online, but we've never met.

There are 5 or 6 people that I really would love to met someday, though.
    Doubt it will ever happen. ;~;

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I have met Suki several times. They have all been planned. I enjoyed them all.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • If I did my parents wouldn't let me anyways. xD;

No I have not, but yes it would be cool, and yeah I kind of hope I get to meet a few people online asdfghjkl; that means you too Mish and Sammmmmi XP

:123

I haven't met anyone from online yet. Although I've almost met my South American friend who was going to New York City. I was going to drive there (Northeast is my home, so it wouldn't be too terribly long of a drive). Unfortunately, she never went sooo DDD:

If I could meet others, I'd meet most of my forum's members. Two of them have accounts here, so I'll list them. Heh I feel like I loser typing all effed up like this XD. Hazuki and Nappo-fairy/Sammi.

Years
  • As the others mentioned above, I met: Aegis, Lightning, Saryka and Sorano at Anime North 2008. It was pretty awesome, and it wasn't really awkward at all because we had been talking for quite some time. \o/

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2009
    Once on the pc I was talking to someone and we met up, and I found out they were one of my close friends at school, lol,
    I didnt know at first because they said ther name was diferant....lol

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    No,not even one because i don't know how anyone looks or acts in real life, or whoever lives in st.louis.
    and besides i wouldn't have the courage to say"hey, are you ______ from pokecommunity?" and sound like a total moron.
    but i'm pretty sure if anyone met me, they would see i am really immature in real life, they'd hate me.

Back