• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey Lydia...I mean, Mom!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    My mom has always been "mamá", but this is when things get strange. I don't even know my dad's name, only his surname XD I have never talked to him anyway.

And my step-dad has always been "Nano", a familiar shortened version of his name (as in "Nick" for "Nicholas").

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    How old were you when you learned what your parents' first names are? i have no clue; what a strange thing to remember, i don't even remember finding out i was a adopted.

Have you ever referred to them by such? when talking with my friends about her, yus.

for the fun of it, does anyone have any weird names they call their parents (other than the usual variants of Mom or Dad or their first names)? my mum = mum or majher, or when she frustrates me, MOTHER. in all caps. we arent very close, i couldn't imagine calling her her birth certificate name.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    I don't remember anything like that...and definitely not that young. ._.

I don't call my parents by their names but I've started calling my mother "Mother" rather than Mum. x3 She hates that.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    I'm going to guess 5 years old? I knew my parents had names because I would hear other people call them that.

... and I would get slapped so hard if I called my mom by her first name. Awkwaaard. So I call her "Mom" durr hurrr. I still call my dad "Daddy" but that's more like an informal thing.

Years
    I always knew my parents names. I always call them Mom and Dad. Calling them by their real names seems weird to me xD

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    I call her mom. Or "mother dearest" if I'm being sarcastic XD

At school, if she goesn't listen to me, I'll be like "ANGELA!"

I always knew my parents names. Always.

Years
    No idea when I'd learned my parents' names.

I never call my mom by her first name, and I refer to my father as Dad when I don't say "my father", but my stepdad has always been David to me. Always. It's not a form of disrespect; I'd called him that when my mom first dated him and I didn't know him well, and I'm too lazy to call him Dad now that we're actually close. Not to mention I'd find it insanely confusing if I were to mention my father as Dad. Yeah, it's complicated, I guess. .___.;

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I don't know when I learned their real names, but I think it was probably when I was very little. I feel like I've always known it, but that's pretty much impossible. Anyway, I call them "Mom" and "Dad." It just feels weird to call them anything else.

If I recall correctly, for whatever reason, I didn't "discover" that teachers in school had first names as well. Yeah, my 8 year old brain is weird. I have a name; my parents have a name; my teachers are just "Mrs. insert something." So that was a more shocking discovery. What an odd kid I was.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I was really, really young. That's about all I remember. A year or so after I could first talk, so maybe 2 1/2 - 3 years old when I learned my mom's name?

As for nicknames, I have none for her, but she has a crapload for me.​

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I guess I've always known my mother and father's secret identities. I refer to my father by his first name, Robert most of the time now.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I can't remember when I knew my parents name. Probably when I was able to speak. But I've always called to my mum and dad as.. Mum and dad.

Although I do call my dad Old Man, but only if I'm referring to him. If I'm speaking to him, he's just dad. And I call my mum, mum. But people at work called her "saiyan", because of how her name spelt, lol. (It's not actually spelt as Saiyan)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I've never called my parents by their actual names, I don't know anyone who does.

In fact, it feels really odd calling anyone more than a few years older than me by their names.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I call my dad by his highschool nickname, usually. And I just call my mom "mom". But I've known their names for as long as I can remember.

Pi-Face

Seriously where is my pi?
    Years
    I've known my parents names since forever ;<
    I always still call them Mami and Daddy though.
    Its weird to call them by their first names anyways. and impolite :<

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    I've known their first names for the most part of my life, it wouldn't have been long after I learned to talk that I knew.

Though I still call them Mum and/or Dad, but do use their first names if I'm trying to get their attention and they aren't responding.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    How old were you when you learned what your parents' first names are?
    I honestly can't recall when I learned my parent's first names. I do remember thinking at a young age that their name was actually mom and dad.

Have you ever referred to them by such?
    My mother is deceased, but I always have and always will refer to her as mom. As for my dad, the only time I ever called my dad by his first name is when I'm angry at him. I'm rather rebellious when it comes to me being angry with someone and I do it to intentionally bother the person because I'm immature.

For the fun of it, does anyone have any weird names they call their parents (other than the usual variants of Mom or Dad or their first names)?
    I've never used any other weird name for my parents. Sometimes I call my dad father, but that comes with me being angry with him as well. I usually say it in a sarcastic tone. I do, however, refer to his pride and joy -- his car (which he refers to as the Eagle Mobile) -- as the loser cruiser... and rightly so, as far as I'm concerned.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Gee... I don't have a clue when it is I learned my parents' names, sometime around age six or seven, perhaps?

And I call my mom "Mom" because that's what she is to me. Saying "Kelly" would be incredibly weird. :\

And when my dad died I was still young enough that most of the time I would call him "Daddy", so that's how I think of him, though I say "Dad" like the majority of people.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I think I've always known my mum's real name. In fact, I used to call her by her first name when I was copying my dad. XD Now, though, I call her "mum", or "mummy". :3

Back