• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey there, someone who is brand new to the Pokemon Game series!

Kagura_Nitrogat

Egg Factory
Years
  • Hello, my name is Kagura, I have recently at the age of 26, bought my first ever Pokemon game, I know what you're thinking, how did I go so long without playing pokemon? well I never really had any of the nintendo handhelds growing up, I was hooked on the anime though, watched it every morning when I was a kid, but I recently decided to buy a 2DS and pokemon Y and have been hooked on it since, but I came to this forums in hopes of seeking answers to a question, I'll post this question here in my introduction thread.

My favourite pokemon is Eevee is case you couldn't tell by my avatar and right now I'm trying to breed a shiny eevee, I believe I'm doing the Masuda method correctly, I'm breeding a male english Eevee with a female japanese eevee, I'm nearing the 500 egg mark and still no sign of a shiny, I have hatched more than 500 eggs but I only started counting recently, I just wish to know if I'm doing something wrong in my breeding method or if the game just hates me heh.

Anyway, glad to be here, hoping to make some new friends whilst I hang around :)

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Ooo, nice username! Well, I am glad that you're finally getting into the swing of pokemon! I had my fair share of nintendo handhelds as a kid myself, sooo I guess I was sorta lucky there. But nonetheless, I'm sooo glad that you're playing Pokemon Y too! Isn't it just amazing?! And of course, I can't wait till' pokemon bank for it!

Hm, to try and answer your question, why I'm not the wisest one when it comes to breeding or trading mechanics, maybe you can try asking around in the Trade Corner? I'm sure that our lovely traders there will provide the best answer to your question that they can give! But I'm sure the game doesn't hate you. Nooo worries there! :3

I'd absolutely looooove to be your friend, since you seem like a really friendly person, and I wish you a really wonderful stay during your time here on the forums! If you need any further assistance, you can more than freely ask me at anytime, and I can help poit you to the right direction! Of course, our many staff members, the ones in blue, orange, and red are happy to help you out toooo. Don't be afraid to ask our many other members too, since they are oh, so willing to help out!

Cheers, and have a great day Kagura! <3

Kagura_Nitrogat

Egg Factory
    Years
  • Thank you very much for the warm welcome Aura, I have just posted a thread as you suggested and am now waiting for it's approval, I would enjoy being friends too.

Years
  • Hello Kagura and welcome aboard! Kinda surprised you're getting into Pokemon this late, especially given how most people here have been fans for ages. And if you were looking for a great community you chose a great one indeed.

If you're a fan of Eevee I'm sure you'll love the Eevee and Eeveelutions Club in Pokemon Clubs, which is definitely worth checking out. My fave Eeveelutions are Glaceon, Sylveon and Vaporeon but I love them all. We also have the Pokemon X & Y section if you are looking for topics regarding the new games. Plus Aura has already shown you Trade Corner so yeah I'm sure they'll keep you busy.

Anyways, don't hesitate to ask a moderator if you need assistance, but anyways have fun and I'll be seeing you around. I'm always open for a visitor message anytime if you ever need a chat.

- Hikari

Kagura_Nitrogat

Egg Factory
    Years
  • Hello Kagura and welcome aboard! Kinda surprised you're getting into Pokemon this late, especially given how most people here have been fans for ages. And if you were looking for a great community you chose a great one indeed.

If you're a fan of Eevee I'm sure you'll love the in Pokemon Clubs, which is definitely worth checking out. My fave Eeveelutions are Glaceon, Sylveon and Vaporeon but I love them all. We also have the section if you are looking for topics regarding the new games. Plus Aura has already shown you Trade Corner so yeah I'm sure they'll keep you busy.

Anyways, don't hesitate to ask a moderator if you need assistance, but anyways have fun and I'll be seeing you around. I'm always open for a visitor message anytime if you ever need a chat.

- Hikari

Welp, better late than never to get into a game series right? like I said I'm not unfamiliar with Pokemon, I loved the Gen 1 anime growing up and I did always want the games but I was very much a SEGA kid growing up, even had the brick known as the Game Gear with the fist sized buttons haha, but yeah, it will be nice to see you around too, thanks for the welcome.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Welcome to PC, Kagura! I'm surprised you waited this long to try out one of the games, but now is a good time nonetheless. XY are some of the best games the franchise has had in a while. The games have a very diverse roster of available Pokemon, so they're especially good for those familiar with older Pokemon like Eevee. The variety was one of my favorite aspects about XY, and oftentimes it can make the previous games pale in comparison, haha. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Years
  • You'll definitely get all the help you need here in regards to pretty much anything so you've come to the right community. Welcome, Kagura! (°∀°)b

But yeah, just to confirm, you're just not getting much luck right now. :( I'm breeding shiny Chespins and have bred about six boxes worth of them right now, which is 180 total. It's not the biggest number but I'm sure I'll be going for a while longer until I finally get that shiny - 500 eggs isn't that much compared to how long some others have to wait. Good luck to you, though!

And hey.. you can never be late to playing Pokemon. We accept anyone here, be it entirely new fans or those who have been into the franchise for longer, so you'll settle in quickly. Can imagine how fun it must be to dive into the world of Pokemon gaming for the first time - I'd love to relive that experience. But either way, I certainly hope you have a great time here! Contact the staff members if you need anything at all. :)

Back