• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen (HG/SS) Crystal Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    You guys Heard of any rumors? I havn't but i would not doubt they will come out with one right before Gen 5. Crystal Remake would be the best because Crystal was my Favorite game of all the pokemon games

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Hmmm... No, sorry I haven't. But a Crystal remake would be cool, as I've never played it before. Anyway, they probably won't make a Crystal remake because that's Johto, right?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2014
    I tell you what, I was gonna post about this earlier. Assuming you mean a remake like.. With the whole HG/SS thing? What's it gonna be, PURESILVER? :P

But yeah, definitely a GREAT idea!

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
  • Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Like... dunno. Crystal remake would rock tho! :]

gkenzx

The Black Shadow
    Years
  • The problem with Crystal is that it revolutionized pokemon forever, with the moving sprites, the tower, and the ability to play as a girl. Those were all amazingly new to the previous games, but now they are more or less commonplace, the crystal story with the Suicune was interesting, but i don's see them making a Crystal remake (just as the never made a Yellow remake)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Stupid idea, as they inserted everything from Crystal AND MORE (Battle Frontier, not just Tower, Suicune plotline, etc.).

There was no Yellow remake, after all.

Gen V is next, no Crystal remake.

HallwayKid

The Illogical Scientist
    Years
  • There won't be a crystal remake. They already implemented a lot of the things from crystal into HGSS anyway. When they made the remakes Fire Red and Leaf Green they didn't make a third game, I doubt it would be the same this time.

Last edited:

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Hmmm... No, sorry I haven't. But a Crystal remake would be cool, as I've never played it before. Anyway, they probably won't make a Crystal remake because that's Johto, right?

Yeah but Yellow was Kanto, Crystal was Johto, Emerald was Hoenn, and Pt was just like D/P. Hmmm... I can see they havn't made remakes of the 3rd games yet, i wonder if they will or not. Anyway Crystal was the "Emerald" for Silver and Gold. The game handed you the Legendaries and The storyline was a bit more In-Depth. Also you could catch pokemon that were in Both Gold and Silver. The "Battle Tower" was also Introduced in Crystal for the first time. That one was sick. The levels of the pokemon you were fighting matched that of your highest lv pokemon in your party. I liked that way more.

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
  • There won't be a crystal remake. The already implemented a lot of the things from crystal into HGSS anyway. When they made the remakes Fire Red and Leaf Green they didn't make a third game, I doubt it would be the same this time.

Yeah, you're probably right... Too bad though. :[

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Dang. I wish they would bring out some Whack stuff like they did in Crystal. Like being able to Customize your Trainer (Clothes,Hair,ect). Get your own House (like a secret base but online so you can invite people to your house and battle them or play mini games) Stuff like that would be soooo legit

HallwayKid

The Illogical Scientist
    Years
  • Dang. I wish they would bring out some Whack stuff like they did in Crystal. Like being able to Customize your Trainer (Clothes,Hair,ect). Get your own House (like a secret base but online so you can invite people to your house and battle them or play mini games) Stuff like that would be soooo legit
    Who knows, they might put that stuff in Gen V.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    They wont make a Crystal remake because remakes come in twos. The two main games not the third installment. Crystal is a third installment. At least people aren't going around screaming that there is an emerald remake coming soon because there are green rocks in cerulean cave. =[ st00pid

Kirkland

show me my silver lining
    Years
  • The crystal remake is PART of HG/SS.

If you played crystal then I'm sure you've spotted the hard to miss suicune and his number one fanboy following him all over the place.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I highly doubt this, because (a) most of the elements that were exclusive to Crystal in G/S/C were implemented in HG/SS, and (b) if they developers follow the general trend they have set, there wont be a remake for Crystal (FRLG had no Yellow, therefore HGSS will have no Crystal).

Druid

she's not anyone...
    Years
  • Although I would like nothing more than to play yet another pokemon game, I highy doubt it. HG and SS are basically crystal remakes, except the game is spread out across two. As stated before, most of the revolutionary things that crystal is known for are in HG and SS, and making a third would be a bit redundant. I think the third game is supposed to be an improvement on the first two, and that's also what the remakes are.

Good idea, but Nintendo isn't nice enough to do it for us. :(

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • No. They didn't remake Yellow; they won't remake Crystal. The only thing that's not in HGSS that was in Crystal was the egg from the daycare, and I don't think they'd make a whole new game just to change an NPC script a little :s

I'd like character customization on a home console-based Pokemon RPG. You'd be able to see the details better.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2012
    There's really no reason to, for reasons previously stated. Everything Crystal had over Gold & Silver is already in HG and SS.

Zet

Years
  • Since HG/SS is already a Crystal remake(sorta), I doubt we would be seeing a 3rd Gen remake because of Steven's appearance and the 3rd Gen Legendary pokemon making an appearance in the games.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
  • Well, the two remakes already have parts of crystal in it and plus if they made a remake of crystal, what would they call it? hmmmmmm.....maybe spirit crystal? lol i dunno it sorta has to do with heart and soul. xP

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back