• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

JackNg

Noobie Trainer
    Years
    So i was training my Lucario @ a Pryce(lv 65) rematch. Pryce called out Mamoswine(lv 60) and i used Flash Cannon. Knowing Flash Cannon was 100% accuracy, i was shocked when i saw the move miss!
    Is it due to Snow Cloak? And i just missed a 2nd time in a row on subsequent rematch :/

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    I'm aware of Yellow Forest, having already downloaded it. What I was asking is whether anybody knew of other events that have/will take place over the Wifi, and when they were/will be held.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    So i was training my Lucario @ a Pryce(lv 65) rematch. Pryce called out Mamoswine(lv 60) and i used Flash Cannon. Knowing Flash Cannon was 100% accuracy, i was shocked when i saw the move miss!
    Is it due to Snow Cloak? And i just missed a 2nd time in a row on subsequent rematch :/

Despite Flash Cannon's 100% accuracy, I can only assume that Snow Cloak's effect (Raises evasion in a hailstorm) was the reason for Mamoswine being able to avoid your attack. :|

JackNg

Noobie Trainer
    Years
    I'm aware of Yellow Forest, having already downloaded it. What I was asking is whether anybody knew of other events that have/will take place over the Wifi, and when they were/will be held.

Best bet prolly is to keep a lookout on the official HGSS webbie for news updates.
    I can't post links due to lack of posts so you'll have too find trusty Google >.<

>15 posts >.<

Despite Flash Cannon's 100% accuracy, I can only assume that Snow Cloak's effect (Raises evasion in a hailstorm) was the reason for Mamoswine being able to avoid your attack. :|

Wow that sucks and i actually missed him once in every fight so i just use Aura Sphere now :/

Last edited:

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
    How do I know if I beat red I'm pretty sure I did it I might have forgotten to save. I went to go see steven in saffron and he wasn't there.

Check the pokemon you used, if the have the legend ribbon, than you did beat Red.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Can roms connect to the GTS?
    Even though your question was answered, I just wanted to let you know that questions and discussion on ROMs aren't allowed in this section. You may ask HG/SS related ROM questions in the [Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver] Emulation Help Thread though.

can i hook up to wifi thru my laptop or do i have to a new router?
    You won't need a new router. If your laptop can pick up wireless connection through Wi-Fi, then all you have to do is connect it to your server. I'm not the best with all technical stuff, but if you have anymore questions related to your Wi-Fi and router, then you can use the Wi-Fi and router-related help thread.

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
    Do you know how to get mudkip in soulsilver from steven stone... i dont know where he is????

Steven is in the Silph Co. building in Saffron City, he will ask you something about the colors green, blue and red(Can't remember exactly what it is sorry), anyway pick green for Treecko, blue for Mudkip and red for Torchic. Hope this helps. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2010
    Hai guis. I just defeated Whitney and my team so far is
    Toaster - Lvl 23 Quilava
    Milo - Lvl 21 Geodude
    Herb - Soon to be Lvl 1 Treecko
    What should my 4th be? Those 3 cover each other's weaknesses already.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    u need something to take out morty....his gengar can trouble u if u don't have anything psychic,ghost or dark

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2010
    u need something to take out morty....his gengar can trouble u if u don't have anything psychic,ghost or dark
    Hmm. How about a murkrow? But I can't get it anywhere nearby... Maybe I'll just get the eevee and then make it into an umbreon?

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Do you know how to get mudkip in soulsilver from steven stone... i dont know where he is????

Steven is in the Silph Co. building in Saffron City, he will ask you something about the colors green, blue and red(Can't remember exactly what it is sorry), anyway pick green for Treecko, blue for Mudkip and red for Torchic. Hope this helps. :)

There's more to it. You have to have beaten Red first.

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
    Hmm. How about a murkrow? But I can't get it anywhere nearby... Maybe I'll just get the eevee and then make it into an umbreon?

A Normal-type does well against Morty too, since Normal-types are immune to Ghost-type attacks. A great one to use is the Togepi you received early in the game, as it comes with the Psychic move, Extrasensory, and Gastly/Haunter/Gengar are part Poison. Of course, you'd need to level it up and perhaps evolve it~

And where do I get the kanto starter? In Pallet town?

Yup, that's correct. After beating Red, fly to Pallet Town and talk to Professor Oak for your Kanto starter.

lewisr88

Chelsea F.C all the way
    Years
    I'm trying to get Blue's number for a rematch in SS, I've visited his sister for the last three days to get my Typhlosion massaged but today all she's saying is "I always have tea around this time. Come join me" without any massage or phone number? Anyone know what to do here or had this problem either?

Back