• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
  • Lol. My highest levelled AFTER the Elite Four was my Politoed, and he was lv.46

Anyway, that was on a previous runthrough....

Where can I find the first double battle in SoulSilver?

And please don't say they use ground-types, as I only want it to us my Pichu lovers (because that's what PCPichu and Notch-Eared Pichu are) together.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2010
    Any tips for the Bug Catching contest?
    What level of pokemon does it take to win, what level of Pokemon to use etc?

Any advice appreciated !!

Years
  • Uhhh...pre-E4?

I don't know if it changes afterwards, but...

lv.25ish, I reckon.

Where can I find the first double battle in SoulSilver?

And please don't say they use ground-types, as I only want it to us my Pichu lovers (because that's what PCPichu and Notch-Eared Pichu are) together

-just forwarding it.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • Try to catch pokemon without hurting them...that's right just throw the ball and hope it catches it...
    try to catch pokes with appearance rate of 5%(scyther,pinsir,beedril,butterfree)
    catch the highest levelled one (15 - butterfree/beedril , 14-pinsir/scyther) however a 31 level weedle may also do the trick
    actually it depends on luck..i won with a 15 lvl butterfree on my first try but then lost to a weedle despite catching a scyther
    And yeah do save before taking the competition ..that way u can try until u win :)

Teto

- - wobbuffan. ☆
    Years
  • this is gonna sound stupid, but I just ran into entei for the first time on accident. he fled ;A; am I ever gonna get another chance to catch him again, or should I shut off my game? D8

KinkajusRevenge

KinkajusRevenge
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    How do i get massive amount of Hondew berries? I accidently trained my shuckle's Sp. att, rather sp. def.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • this is gonna sound stupid, but I just ran into entei for the first time on accident. he fled ;A; am I ever gonna get another chance to catch him again, or should I shut off my game? D8

In fact, the legendary dogs always will run for the battle, you need a pokemon with Mean Look or Sand Trap, to prevent they from fleing for the battle. You only need to meet again with Entei and try to catch it. But if you defeat one of them, then they should be gone forever and you can't seeing them again, i hope this help you ;)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Where can I find the first double battle in SoulSilver?

And please don't say they use ground-types, as I only want it to us my Pichu lovers (because that's what PCPichu and Notch-Eared Pichu are) together.
    First one is in Bugsy's gym (two twins with Spinarak and Ledyba). Next one after that I believe is south of Ecruteak and also lacks in the ground types. =P But the PCP and NEP will be quite the overkill for those battles giving the levels they start off with. ;P

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
  • What other events do I need to do in order for Suicune to appear by Bill's cottage north of Cerulean? I just got the 8th Kanto badge. I'm just curious when Suicune finally stops running and lets you capture it there.

Last edited:

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
  • What other events do I need to do in order for Suicune to appear by Bill's cottage north of Cerulean? I just got the 8th Kanto badge. I'm just curious when Suicune finally stops running and lets you capture it there.

I assume you ran into Suicune all three of the previous occasions (Cianwood City, then outside Mt. Mortar, and then upon reaching Vermillion City for the first time). The last time you need to run into Suicune is on Route 14 (east from Fuchsia City). After this, Suicune will finally be ready to battle you on Route 25, near Bill's house. Save in front of him and get yourself a good nature~

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2010
    What other events do I need to do in order for Suicune to appear by Bill's cottage north of Cerulean? I just got the 8th Kanto badge. I'm just curious when Suicune finally stops running and lets you capture it there.

it stops once you arrive to kanto u ill see him two more times and he ill be by bills house in kanto i hope this help u

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Alright, my question is kind of opinionated, but still, should I try my hand at the ruins of alph before going to the second gym? Or should I wait until I have beaten the E4 and do it before I go to Kanto?

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Alright, my question is kind of opinionated, but still, should I try my hand at the ruins of alph before going to the second gym? Or should I wait until I have beaten the E4 and do it before I go to Kanto?

You can do so much of the Ruins of Alph at any point. However, some of the chambers will be hard to access early on in the game. Required items to unlock new chambers include Escape Rope, access to the move Flash, a Water Stone and the Pokémon Ho-oh. The latter of those two must be accessed through Union Cave with use of Strength (as I remember it).

It's completely your call, but if you don't have those things, as I've said, there's only so much you can do.

Esper-chan

Mmmm... Crunchy! :D
    Years
  • Alright, my question is kind of opinionated, but still, should I try my hand at the ruins of alph before going to the second gym? Or should I wait until I have beaten the E4 and do it before I go to Kanto?
    I'd wait until after the E4 since you need ho-oh to complete it.

Back