• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    dose any one have the spiky eared pichu event?

man i know how to get it and it wont let me get some help please thanks :)

Just have the pikachu colored pichu walking with you go to ilex forest and go in front of the shrine and click on it. The spiky eared pichu will pop out from behind the shrine. I did this about a month ago and it worked.

TehYoshiNinja

Back, again.
    Years
  • Okay... I have two words, and two words only.

CLAIR'S. KINGDRA.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAEGASDFASDFHGASHFAKDFKLASFHJ

With a lot of grinding, I got my underleveled team to beat her Dragonairs and Gyarados... but that Kingdra is just OHKO'ing my whole team with freaking Dragon Pulse and Hydro Pump AWDFLKJASHDFK

I've lost four times to that cow now. My main problem is the fact that there is absolutely nowhere to train level 35-40 Pokemon in Johto, and so it takes half an hour to level up my Gyarados once...

Any strategies? Clair's getting as bad as Whitney for me...

Years
  • Okay... I have two words, and two words only.

CLAIR'S. KINGDRA.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAEGASDFASDFHGASHFAKDFKLASFHJ

With a lot of grinding, I got my underleveled team to beat her Dragonairs and Gyarados... but that Kingdra is just OHKO'ing my whole team with freaking Dragon Pulse and Hydro Pump AWDFLKJASHDFK

I've lost four times to that cow now. My main problem is the fact that there is absolutely nowhere to train level 35-40 Pokemon in Johto, and so it takes half an hour to level up my Gyarados once...

Any strategies? Clair's getting as bad as Whitney for me...

Kingdra is weak to only Dragon type moves, so you will be having a hard time trying to beat her if you don't have any Dragon Types yourself. I managed to do it without but that's only because I only used my starter pokemon so it was quite a high level..

Years
  • Toxic+ Wish + Protect.

So...yeah, get yourself a Togetic/Kiss man. Make sure it knows Wish, get it taught Protect.

Get something else faster than Kingdra with Toxic. Or that can take one hit.

Toxic.
    Switch for Togetic/Kiss once fainted
    Wish
    Protect
    Wish
    Protect

through stall, you can beat it.

Years
  • Ok Today I decide I wanted to fight ash ketchup from pallet town. His pikachu is in the 88's and all my pokemon is no where near that high level. I guess I gotta keep fighting the elite 4 and level up my pokemon. I love leveling it up. Any beat ash yet if so what pokemon you use.

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2010
    Ok Today I decide I wanted to fight ash ketchup from pallet town. His pikachu is in the 88's and all my pokemon is no where near that high level. I guess I gotta keep fighting the elite 4 and level up my pokemon. I love leveling it up. Any beat ash yet if so what pokemon you use.

it doesnt matter what you use, but you can easily find pokemon to do effective damage to his pokemon. pikachu at the beginning has a light ball, so if you have a tm (i forgot what it is called) that swaps or steals the pikachus light ball, itll help a lot if you have lower leveled pokemon.

Years
  • Yeah, the tm in question is TM46 Thief.

I currently have one, so I know you can find one in Johto pre-E4. Look in your bag, you should have it. However it only works if your pokemon isn't holding an item.

Another Idea would be to transfer pokemon to a Diamond/Pearl/Platinum game if you have one. There are much stronger trainers, such as your rival in Platinum, who, at one point, is stronger than the G/S/C Red. You'll level up easily in those games.

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    Well, I want to evolve my Weepinbell into Victreebel but, I just have one issue; Will my Victreebel be able to 'relearn' and learn the moves it would of had, if it were a Weepinbell?

Sorry if this sounded confusing... o_o;

Years
  • Ok Today I decide I wanted to fight ash ketchup from pallet town. His pikachu is in the 88's and all my pokemon is no where near that high level. I guess I gotta keep fighting the elite 4 and level up my pokemon. I love leveling it up. Any beat ash yet if so what pokemon you use.

Aww bless, his last name is Ketchum dear not Ketchup unless you was being sarci (I really am rubbish with sarcasm)

And it doesn't matter about levels really, well maybe it does a little but it's more about move type. His Pikachu is weak against Ground attacks, Snorlax - Fighting attack, Lapras - Electric, Venusaur - Fire, Flying, Ground, Bug would be super effective.
    Charizard - Electric, Rock, Water would be super effective.
    Blastoise - Electric, Grass would be super effective.

:)

Years
  • I have another question. Does the elite 4 pokemon changes? Because I went back to fight the elite again for the 3rd time. They're pokemon changes and it is an higher form of level. I was like wow. Arg! I want a grass type, but I don't want a bellsprout. Does anyone know any good grass type in SS?

Ok. I'm trying to catch zaptos. He is too powerful. I did weaken him to his lowest with raikou thunder attack. Then he still have a lot of strength left. Why? Can any help me catch zaptos? I use ultra balls and pokeballs to catch him.

Years
  • 1. Yes, their pokemon change, as, by your post, you have already discovered.

2. Capture a Hoppip. It evolves into Skiploom, then Jumpluff.(not sure on that spelling). It's Grass/Flying, so Pryce WILL murder it, but it's cool. Chikorita's also good, and if you capture a Gloom on Route 48, then you can get either Vileplume or Bellossom, the latter of which I find adorable.

3. Put him to sleep, do what you've done, and get something with False Swipe aswell. That way it can be at 1hp, sleeping. That's the best you can do.
    You can also get Timer Balls, which I'm sure you can get somewhere.....so if it drags on for about 40 turns, you can use them and they'll be really good. If you have a lv.100, once you've put it to sleep and weakened it, send that out, and Level Balls would work well. I think Heavy Balls generally work on legendaries too.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I have another question. Does the elite 4 pokemon changes? Because I went back to fight the elite again for the 3rd time. They're pokemon changes and it is an higher form of level. I was like wow. Arg! I want a grass type, but I don't want a bellsprout. Does anyone know any good grass type in SS?

Ok. I'm trying to catch zaptos. He is too powerful. I did weaken him to his lowest with raikou thunder attack. Then he still have a lot of strength left. Why? Can any help me catch zaptos? I use ultra balls and pokeballs to catch him.

Mental people.

There are many good grass-types, such as Bellsprout, Chikorita, Bulbasaur, Treecko, Oddish, and way more if you look in your Pokedex.

Zapdos, not Zaptos. Okay, even at 1-2% HP left, you have a 2.4% chance of capturing Zapdos, so you need 48 Ultra Balls on average. If you're using Pokeballs, you have a 0.8% chance of capturing Zapdos and you'll need 121 Pokeballs on average. Why? Zapdos has a capture rate of 3.

Get him to 1HP with False Swipe, make him asleep and you have a 4.36% chance of capturing Zapdos, nearly twice as much as before (if using Ultra Balls)

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2010
    I have another question. Does the elite 4 pokemon changes? Because I went back to fight the elite again for the 3rd time. They're pokemon changes and it is an higher form of level. I was like wow. Arg! I want a grass type, but I don't want a bellsprout. Does anyone know any good grass type in SS?

to catch pokemon the best: to catch pretty much ANYONE most of the time, just change the time to night and buy like 1000 dusk balls, then change the time back :)

this isnt about pokemon, but can you save your font and colors? if u can then how?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • As I said in your previous thread, please use the Help Thread sticky for asking questions in. *merges* Also there's this thread here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=198838 - it's the Trade Corner's Daily Chit Chat thread so that would likely be of even more help to you than here which is more for HGSS style questions rather than trading questions.

And it's up to you really... as said though - what are you trading it for? That and note that shiny Pokemon tend to be rather rare (1 in 8192 chance to be exact), so it'd only really be worth if the trade is for another shiny pokemon for instance...but up to you in the end.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    i think i'm wrong, but aren't there supposed to be 2 snorlax? i think i remember from the gbc games...but maybe it was in the 1st gen games

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • i think i'm wrong, but aren't there supposed to be 2 snorlax? i think i remember from the gbc games...but maybe it was in the 1st gen games
    It was R/B/Y/FR/LG that had the two Snorlax, where GSC and hence HGSS only have the one Snorlax.

Back